It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151342 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116312 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and.... many years before there were ships to sail the earth or scientists to test molecules, the ancient scriptures describe the earth in detail, shape, colors, lands, waters etc...especially how it hangs in the sky and WHO holds it there.
A flat square circle at the center of the universe with a dome over it, and water suspended outside the some until windows in the some were opened, killing four-legged insects, bats that are birds, whales that are fish, and rabbits that are ruminants isn't what I'd call an accurate description of reality.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116313 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, ABORTION is today's form of evil CHILD SACRIFICE that God has never approved of.
How many Hebrew children did God allow to be kidnapped and killed before he decided, as the omnipotent ruler of the universe, that something ought to be done to stop it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116314 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you allowing the possibility of the Noachian flood on an old Earth?

Why aren't you allowing the possibility of no Noachian flood at any time on earth?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116315 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing the Bible has been confirmed to have gotten wrong.

We, with great thanks to yourself, have now identified a litany of things the bible has gotten wrong. Or at least things you have not been able to successfully defend. Do you need a list starting with the flood that has been confirmed to have not happened up to the Tyre debacle?

Do we know these with the absolute certainty of the 2 thinks we know Absolute? No, but certainly just a level or so down from that.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116316 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
To get started that account would have to be identified.
No one know who wrote the Pentateuch or the book of Jonah. Being unidentified and by your standard they are dataless assertions.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116317 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I mistaken, or have you been observing what Chrome has been posting?
You are mistaken, and I've been posting hypothetically about what can literally be described as the biggest, earliest and most famous 'fish story' ever told.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#116319 May 25, 2013
OOOOObama wrote:
<quoted text>
Chihuahuas are small, and Great Danes are HUGE. How can they breed? Yet, Labrador Retrievers and poodles can breed, and they breed Labradoodles. How is this explained?
Poodles are not small dogs. Let me do your homework for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Poodle
KAB

Martin, TN

#116320 May 25, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The global flood was God's judgement for the wicked.
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Genesis 6:5-13
2. The Amalekites were killed for attacking God's children, Israel. Don't mess with Israel or your nation will be cursed.
Saul's Disobedience
1Samuel also said to Saul, The LORD sent me to anoint you to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore listen you to the voice of the words of the LORD. 2Thus said the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. 3Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.…
3. Jesus was God
Do you mean Jesus is Almighty God (YHWH)?
KAB

Martin, TN

#116321 May 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, like yours?
Yes. Mine is Jonah 2:10.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116322 May 25, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what: why don't you think about it first? Then again, I'm not convinced that you even watched it, as lying liars tend to lie.
OK, I've thought about it, and I did watch it.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116323 May 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you allowing the possibility of no Noachian flood at any time on earth?
I am allowing for the possibility of no Noachian flood. All I need is the confirmation. Are you allowing for the possibility of such a flood, as your side states you scientifically should?
KAB

Martin, TN

#116324 May 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
We, with great thanks to yourself, have now identified a litany of things the bible has gotten wrong. Or at least things you have not been able to successfully defend. Do you need a list starting with the flood that has been confirmed to have not happened up to the Tyre debacle?
Do we know these with the absolute certainty of the 2 thinks we know Absolute? No, but certainly just a level or so down from that.
Don't bother with the list. Just provide confirming data for anything on it. Please keep in mind that proposed confirming data first has to withstand scrutiny.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116325 May 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one know who wrote the Pentateuch or the book of Jonah. Being unidentified and by your standard they are dataless assertions.
Yes, the Jonah account contains dataless assertions not confirmed to be false and found in a demonstrated reliable document.
LowellGuy

United States

#116326 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful. Convince me.
LowellGuy

United States

#116327 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am allowing for the possibility of no Noachian flood. All I need is the confirmation. Are you allowing for the possibility of such a flood, as your side states you scientifically should?
We did, until it was disqualified by the evidence. If the empirical evidence disqualifies it, but an ancient legend says it happened, which should be given more weight? I'm going with demonstrable reality.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116328 May 25, 2013
OOOOObama wrote:
<quoted text>
Chihuahuas are small, and Great Danes are HUGE. How can they breed? Yet, Labrador Retrievers and poodles can breed, and they breed Labradoodles. How is this explained?

All dogs are the same breed and can (pretty much) interbreed at will. Dogs are breeds of the same species. They differ not so much in genes as gene activation or expression.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116329 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean Jesus is Almighty God (YHWH)?

Well, according to the bible (real translations)

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.

John 5:16-18
Therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 10:30-31
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

John 10:38-39
The Father is in me, and I in him. Therefore they sought again to take him.

John 14:9
He that hath seen me hath seen the Father.

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Colossians 1:16
For by him [Jesus] were all things created.

Colossians 2:9
For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
God was made manifest in the flesh.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2:6
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.

----------

And yes, I can give as many verses that say he was NOT God. I guess we have another confirmed inaccuracy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116330 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

That was not so convincing as you might believe. You are not so technically savvy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#116331 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Unlike you we have confirmation.

Civilization in full and uninterrupted swing seems pretty strong evidence.

Lack of any evidence of a flood.

No genetic bottleneck at the same time period for all species.

So, what is that?... at minimum 99.9999999% certainty?

Do we have ANY science that has that sort of certainty?

So my friend, that is confirmation. It may not be such if there were any contrary data but, sadly for you, there is none.

As my faith is not predicated on the insanity of Biblical literalism this is not a problem for me.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#116332 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have stated that Jonah's 3-day adventure is fact. I have stated that data confirming that it could not have occurred has not been provided here. Only assertions such as yours have been provided.
You don't know what evidence is. You should actually study something sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min andet1987 199,416
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min One way or another 35,197
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 45 min ChristineM 14,944
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... Tue DanFromSmithville 36
Ribose can be produced in space Mon JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation Mon JanusBifrons 1
My Story Part 2 Mon JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web