It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#116253 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you either answer Him or you don't....your decision only.
Are you on medication?
KAB

United States

#116254 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to all the "Jonah's journey" maps I've seen over the years, it was north of Tyre. You're proposing it could have been Cairo, Delphi, Ashdod or Priene? Sure, why not - since the whole thing is just a story in the first place, let's make it San Francisco - IDGAF. Ding ding! You "win" through lack of interest.
You seem to be indicating that the correct answer is we don't know. I agree with that, and the crows survive to be eaten another day!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116255 May 23, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you either answer Him or you don't....your decision only.
I did, and I'm sure He agrees.

I think that religious preoccupation is a direct result of neuro-chemical imbalances and damage to the hippocampus, the parietal cortices and possibly other parts of the neural and glial structures.
Next time someone asks, "WTF is wrong with you?" maybe you'll have an answer.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116256 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be indicating that the correct answer is we don't know. I agree with that, and the crows survive to be eaten another day!
The CORRECT answer is "nowhere."
Just the same as no one knows if Pecos Bill was right or left handed or if Babe pooped blue cow pies... no one thought to make up those details of the tall tales.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116257 May 23, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough. The bible doesn't say he DIDN'T have a light saber. That IS KAB's standard, after all.

Nor does the bible say that he did not have a phaser. The best Bible translation leaves that open as a possibility, obviously.

Nor does a good translation rule out that he had a P-38 or a machete.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116258 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do not recognize that. What's the confirmation?

The bible. You provided the data (quote from Job).

Obviously the writer did not leave open the possibility that he spreads the SOUTHERN sky over empty space and hung the earth by nothing. Maybe the author meant to say northern southern sky but the translator was poor and did not leave that possibility open.

More likely, as I indicated before, there is no confirmation of for much of anything and you hang your faith on nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116259 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I never did.

What if they have congestion?

Or sleep apnea?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116260 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't invoked magic yet.

YET being the key operative word.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116261 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on where Jonah was deposited. Where doe the record state that was?

We have no record, per say. We only have a mythological tale that was handed down via oral tradition for hundreds of years before a version was written down.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116262 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How/why is it not objective?

Perhaps you are not clear on the meaning of the word objective:

From Dictionary.com


5. not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.

6. intent upon or dealing with things external to the mind rather than with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.

7. being the object of perception or thought; belonging to the object of thought rather than to the thinking subject ( opposed to subjective ).

8. of or pertaining to something that can be known, or to something that is an object or a part of an object; existing independent of thought or an observer as part of reality.
----------

ergo it is not objective, but rather subjective.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116263 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be indicating that the correct answer is we don't know. I agree with that, and the crows survive to be eaten another day!

That is not what you were pretending before.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#116264 May 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The CORRECT answer is "nowhere."
Just the same as no one knows if Pecos Bill was right or left handed or if Babe pooped blue cow pies... no one thought to make up those details of the tall tales.
Nowhere is not the correct answer if the account is true.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#116265 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible. You provided the data (quote from Job).
Obviously the writer did not leave open the possibility that he spreads the SOUTHERN sky over empty space and hung the earth by nothing. Maybe the author meant to say northern southern sky but the translator was poor and did not leave that possibility open.
More likely, as I indicated before, there is no confirmation of for much of anything and you hang your faith on nothing.
Item-by-item you'll discover there is confirmation for a number of things as I see you continue to assert things which can be confirmed not to be so.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#116266 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
YET being the key operative word.
I commend you for paying attention.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#116267 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no record, per say. We only have a mythological tale that was handed down via oral tradition for hundreds of years before a version was written down.
Exactly where does the written version state Jonah was deposited by the fish?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#116268 May 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you are not clear on the meaning of the word objective:
From Dictionary.com
5. not influenced by personal feelings, interpretations, or prejudice; based on facts; unbiased: an objective opinion.
6. intent upon or dealing with things external to the mind rather than with thoughts or feelings, as a person or a book.
7. being the object of perception or thought; belonging to the object of thought rather than to the thinking subject ( opposed to subjective ).
8. of or pertaining to something that can be known, or to something that is an object or a part of an object; existing independent of thought or an observer as part of reality.
----------
ergo it is not objective, but rather subjective.
Thanks for providing the list of possibilities. I choose 8.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116269 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Item-by-item you'll discover there is confirmation for a number of things as I see you continue to assert things which can be confirmed not to be so.

Sorry, you proceed from a false set of presumptions. There are only two things that are confirmed to be so.

1. Cogito ergo sum
2. 1st person reports.

Everything else requires assumptions.


Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible. You provided the data (quote from Job).
Obviously the writer did not leave open the possibility that he spreads the SOUTHERN sky over empty space and hung the earth by nothing. Maybe the author meant to say northern southern sky but the translator was poor and did not leave that possibility open.
More likely, as I indicated before, there is no confirmation of for much of anything and you hang your faith on nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116270 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I commend you for paying attention.

What were we talking about?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116271 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly where does the written version state Jonah was deposited by the fish?

We have already established and quoted all zero verses which state where he was deposited. All we are told is that it was dry land.

Why are we revisiting nothing ....again?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116272 May 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for providing the list of possibilities. I choose 8.

Then you still have the same problem with the quoted verse not being objective, even by your chosen definition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Blitzking 127,540
More Theories to Disprove Creation 22 min shasha_m 57
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr replaytime 175,461
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 2 hr Dogen 67
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 3 hr Bob 1,899
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) 20 hr The Dude 996
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Mon tbrim21 13,575

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE