It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164290 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116299 May 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth certainly has no visible/tangible supporting connection to anything beyond its atmosphere.

I will go with that. That is not the part the Bible got wrong though, is it?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#116300 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
How could a spineless atheist who harbors contempt for his creator possibly know how to interpret "literal truth" from scripture.

To be fair, he does not seem to harbor contempt for his creator so much as contempt for a small part of his creation.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116301 May 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the latest episode of The Atheist Experience. Pay attention to the first 5-10 minutes. That example demonstrates everything that is wrong with your arguments.
I think not unless you can explain the application/connection in a confirming sort of way.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#116302 May 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism? I have never made that argument.
<quoted text>
How can I have contempt for an entity which you can't even demonstrate exists?
However I can, with some validation, hold contempt for liars for Jesus such as your good self for uh, lying for Jesus.(shrug)
<quoted text>
It's quite simple actually. By READING it. Have you not contemplated that concept?
Then you fundies come along and tell us that any time it gets something SPECTACULARLY WRONG, the Bible doesn't actually mean what it says.
No such thing as a Biblical literalist.
Your pointless meanderings prove my point.... As if only a single meaning can be derived from reading ancient scripture. You are a bigger doofus than I realized. Not only do you have no grasp of basic science, you are a complete ignoramus of Biblical scripture.

Countless millions of people see evidence of God. The only reason you can't see it is because you're blinded by your unbelievable arrogance.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116303 May 24, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
If There Were A Noachian Flood
There would just be one age from the top to the bottom of the geological column. In other words, whether you pick a rock from the top of the Grand Canyon or the very bottom, they both should be dated at 10,000 years old. There would be no reason to find agreement between the layered rocks and their ages, which were determined both stratigraphically and radiometrically. In fact there are very real increases in age as one digs deeper down in the column. If the flood DID happen, then all the geological stratum were laid down in just one year, containing all those pesky bones. Therefore, there would be just one age from the top of the dirt to the bottom of the geographical layers. This is clearly not the case. Ergo, the Flood never happened.
All those "lower" strata, millions of years old, show an increase of complexity and diversity of life on this planet, dating back at least 3.8 billion years ago, when the only life on earth was bacterium. That evidence supports evolution. It refutes the idea that the earth is around 10,000 years old, and that all life appeared suddenly in one week, fully formed in their present state. The geological column clearly shows that humans only appeared very recently in the history of life. http://www.evolution.mbdojo.com/flood.html
Why aren't you allowing the possibility of the Noachian flood on an old Earth?
KAB

Martin, TN

#116304 May 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That being the case, Zeus plays lightening handball with Thor, IF the accounts are true.
To get started that account would have to be identified.
KAB

Martin, TN

#116305 May 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What observers? Are you making up more imaginary friends.
Am I mistaken, or have you been observing what Chrome has been posting?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#116306 May 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, like yours?
KAB

Martin, TN

#116307 May 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go with that. That is not the part the Bible got wrong though, is it?
There is nothing the Bible has been confirmed to have gotten wrong.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#116308 May 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think not unless you can explain the application/connection in a confirming sort of way.
Tell you what: why don't you think about it first? Then again, I'm not convinced that you even watched it, as lying liars tend to lie.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#116309 May 24, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pointless meanderings prove my point.... As if only a single meaning can be derived from reading ancient scripture. You are a bigger doofus than I realized. Not only do you have no grasp of basic science, you are a complete ignoramus of Biblical scripture.
Countless millions of people see evidence of God. The only reason you can't see it is because you're blinded by your unbelievable arrogance.
They claim to see evidence, but they can't identify it, or what they claim is evidence is not demonstrably evidence of God's existence, but instead is merely Fact X that they're deciding to attribute to God without any logical justification for doing so. Faulty reasoning abilities are not evidence of God's existence. You will have to do better than that.

By the way, countless people claim to have seen evidence of Vishnu, bigfoot, and aliens. Are those all real, too?
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116310 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you go to war to protect America's freedom against people that are willing to cause American's harm? If so, then you are willing to cause grievious physical harm to another human being, and have been commanded to do so.
Show me anywhere that God accepted human sacrifices...I even pulled up the verses for you to search.
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Ver...
"Do not permit any of your children to be offered as a sacrifice to Molech, for you must not bring shame on the name of your God. I am the LORD.
Does the name Jephthah ring any bells?
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116311 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, ABORTION is today's form of evil CHILD SACRIFICE that God has never approved of.
Miscarriage is the most common abortion.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116312 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
and.... many years before there were ships to sail the earth or scientists to test molecules, the ancient scriptures describe the earth in detail, shape, colors, lands, waters etc...especially how it hangs in the sky and WHO holds it there.
A flat square circle at the center of the universe with a dome over it, and water suspended outside the some until windows in the some were opened, killing four-legged insects, bats that are birds, whales that are fish, and rabbits that are ruminants isn't what I'd call an accurate description of reality.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#116313 May 24, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, ABORTION is today's form of evil CHILD SACRIFICE that God has never approved of.
How many Hebrew children did God allow to be kidnapped and killed before he decided, as the omnipotent ruler of the universe, that something ought to be done to stop it?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#116314 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you allowing the possibility of the Noachian flood on an old Earth?

Why aren't you allowing the possibility of no Noachian flood at any time on earth?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#116315 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing the Bible has been confirmed to have gotten wrong.

We, with great thanks to yourself, have now identified a litany of things the bible has gotten wrong. Or at least things you have not been able to successfully defend. Do you need a list starting with the flood that has been confirmed to have not happened up to the Tyre debacle?

Do we know these with the absolute certainty of the 2 thinks we know Absolute? No, but certainly just a level or so down from that.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116316 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No one know who wrote the Pentateuch or the book of Jonah. Being unidentified and by your standard they are dataless assertions.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116317 May 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I mistaken, or have you been observing what Chrome has been posting?
You are mistaken, and I've been posting hypothetically about what can literally be described as the biggest, earliest and most famous 'fish story' ever told.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#116319 May 25, 2013
OOOOObama wrote:
<quoted text>
Chihuahuas are small, and Great Danes are HUGE. How can they breed? Yet, Labrador Retrievers and poodles can breed, and they breed Labradoodles. How is this explained?
Poodles are not small dogs. Let me do your homework for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Poodle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 7 min Eagle 12 - 2,193
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Science 81,846
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Science 33,072
Did humans come from Sturgeons? Oct 16 Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee Oct 16 Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! (Apr '17) Oct 14 Science 876
More from around the web