It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151419 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#116149 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the whale stayed at the surface and died from his injuries after 3 days. Also, nobody's Bible states that Jonah had no tools. Read your Bible! I read mine.
So, you feel free to add details not mentioned to the Bible if it helps you make the story feasible. What unmentioned details are wrong to add to Bible stories to make sense of them, and which are right?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#116150 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the whale stayed at the surface and died from his injuries after 3 days. Also, nobody's Bible states that Jonah had no tools. Read your Bible! I read mine.
You're saying that you think it would take a whale three days to die of internal bleeding from a foot-long slice in its stomach AND a foot-long slice in its lung? What evidence do you have to support such a supposition?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#116151 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My overriding concern is in getting it right to the extent possible. What about you? I don't recall the part of the account reporting that the fish deposited Jonah at Nineveh. Please provide that data, so I can get it right.
Yet, you don't have that same overriding concern when it comes to the name of your Lord. Why is that?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#116152 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly can't state it will never happen.
Well, you do have bats in your belfry so I guess flies in your lungs could be possible.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#116153 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have what the Guy who you trust has. You're acting as if you really don't trust him. I know I don't. When I see you post that you have arrived at the same conclusion, I will provide the data.
Don't bother. I think everyone knows by now that you're full of crap.
KAB

United States

#116154 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why we call you a liar. Anybody that has what is considered to be a liar-like behavior often gets referred to as a liar.
That's fine. I realize I'm not actually a liar.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#116155 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My overriding concern is in getting it right to the extent possible. What about you? I don't recall the part of the account reporting that the fish deposited Jonah at Nineveh. Please provide that data, so I can get it right.
Ninevah was not a coastal city. He had to travel inland about 500 miles after he was expelled from the "fish." If you didn't know that, you aren't overly concerned about "getting it right to the extent possible," are you? So then, aside from evasion of the nautical mode of conveyance and any validation of his biographer, what is your point?
KAB

United States

#116156 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you feel free to add details not mentioned to the Bible if it helps you make the story feasible. What unmentioned details are wrong to add to Bible stories to make sense of them, and which are right?
That which is demonstrably wrong should not be invoked. All else is eligible for consideration.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#116157 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Also nobody's bible states that Jacques Cousteau didn't show up with scuba gear for Jonah - so it could have happened.

Also nobody's bible states that Jim Bowie didn't showed up with a big ass knife for Jonah - so it could have happened.

/stupid

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116158 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong about the assertion and entitled to your own dataless opinion.
What did I assert that was wrong? Why do you claim that my opinion is dataless?
KAB

United States

#116159 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're saying that you think it would take a whale three days to die of internal bleeding from a foot-long slice in its stomach AND a foot-long slice in its lung? What evidence do you have to support such a supposition?
At present I have the same evidence you have to refute it. Provide all you want. I too can provide more.
KAB

United States

#116160 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you don't have that same overriding concern when it comes to the name of your Lord. Why is that?
You'll have to quote me on that for confirmation.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#116161 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's fine. I realize I'm not actually a liar.
Actually, realize and rationalize aren't at all the same thing - especially when the intent is clear.
Better start composing your defense against Matt. 5:19 now. You're going to be desperate at the Pearly Gates.
KAB

United States

#116162 May 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother. I think everyone knows by now that you're full of crap.
I knew you'd cave when it came to a choice between the truth and your untrustworthy comrade. It's characteristic of the close-ranks lock-step behavior of your side.
KAB

United States

#116163 May 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ninevah was not a coastal city. He had to travel inland about 500 miles after he was expelled from the "fish." If you didn't know that, you aren't overly concerned about "getting it right to the extent possible," are you? So then, aside from evasion of the nautical mode of conveyance and any validation of his biographer, what is your point?
I was simply responding to your misinformation that Jonah was "delivered to the land he was supposed to have gone to". As you note, he was actually delivered at best about 500 miles from where he was supposed to go.
KAB

United States

#116164 May 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Also nobody's bible states that Jacques Cousteau didn't show up with scuba gear for Jonah - so it could have happened.
Also nobody's bible states that Jim Bowie didn't showed up with a big ass knife for Jonah - so it could have happened.
/stupid
Your proposals are outside the bounds of known physics.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116165 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the cut was rather small by whale scale standards?

The largest whale in the Mediterranean is the Sperm Whale. Humans are not on their diet and in fact, tend to eat squid in deeper waters and not near the surface.

Most likely candidate. Still, a deeper understanding of the verse makes your just-so story unnecessary.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#116166 May 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Whales bleed when their stomach and lung get foot-long slices in them? And, probably not nice clean incisions, but sloppy tearing gashes? Why would a whale bleed to death and die at sea, ensuring the death of Jonah, if KAB's what-if scenario were true? Have you been inside a whale to perform this experiment to verify that it would occur? If not, how do you know it's not possible?
This is exactly how stupid KAB is, because he needs to be to maintain his "faith." What a stupid faith that must be.

Yea, one can pick a "faith" at random and make it work if they are willing to rationalize to this extent.

It would actually be more impressive if he simply had the courage to admit that he did not know how it happened. But that would require honesty, not something we are ever likely to get out of KAB.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#116167 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you'd cave when it came to a choice between the truth and your untrustworthy comrade. It's characteristic of the close-ranks lock-step behavior of your side.
I haven't caved on anything, jerkoff. You've been asked to provide your data and you have repeatedly refused. Which mean you can't back up any of your lies. None. At all. You're a fraud.

So run away, little man. Go hide under your desk and shiver because you're so afraid of confronting reality.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#116168 May 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your proposals are outside the bounds of known physics.
You idiot! Everything about the story is outside the bounds of known physics. And biology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 22 min ChristineM 298
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr karl44 16,420
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Blitzking 201,768
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr IB DaMann 40,836
Sun could not have formed as thought 8 hr Creationtruth 1
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 9 hr THE LONE WORKER 68
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 14 hr MIDutch 24
More from around the web