It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151350 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115848 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
I just want to see what new hoaxes the evolutionists have had to come up with now days
So you openly admit that no matter what is presented will be considered a "hoax" no matter what. This is despite the fact you have had zero education on the subject.

This is what's called intellectual dishonesty. You are not open minded. You are not open to evidence. Evidence is utterly irrelevant to you.

You may recall I predicted this already. Now you have admitted that I was right all along.
imagine2011 wrote:
since DNA has proven it false.
Actually DNA is precisely what cemented evolution's validity in the scientific community. The ONLY people who reject it do so for religious reasons, not scientific. Aside from the occasional crank. As for scientific acceptance evolution has had that for many many decades.
imagine2011 wrote:
I've never believed in evolution even tho it was forcefully pounded in my brain at school, I've never believed it could be proven.
Your beliefs are irrelevant. Your ignorance does not make evolution invalid.
imagine2011 wrote:
It's just common sense that its false.
Based on the evidence, it's common sense that it's correct.

However you don't just reject biology. You reject ALL scientific fields. And you claim that is "common sense".

Stop using your computer.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115849 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
THEORY::: assumption, concession, premise (also premiss), presumption, presupposition, theorem; conjecture, generalization, guess, guesswork, inference, speculation, surmise; proffer, proposal, suggestion; feeling, hunch, impression, inkling, notion, suspicion; abstraction, concept, conception, construct
GUESSWORK is the definition of THEORY
Ah, but you are neglecting the proper context. There is "theory" in the colloquial (every day) usage, meaning "wild azz guess". And then there is "theory" as it pertains to a scientific context:

Theory - A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

- American Heritage Dictionary.

Examples include:

Theory of gravity.

Big Bang theory.

Modern evolutionary synthesis.

Germ theory of disease.

Relativity.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115850 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Zero evidence for your religious nonsense, and a bunch of scientific evidence that opposes everything you stated.
We'll believe it when you provide it.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115851 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but you are neglecting the proper context. There is "theory" in the colloquial (every day) usage, meaning "wild azz guess". And then there is "theory" as it pertains to a scientific context:
Theory - A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
- American Heritage Dictionary.
Examples include:
Theory of gravity.
Big Bang theory.
Modern evolutionary synthesis.
Germ theory of disease.
Relativity.
who told you about your "15 missing links"?

Google, a liberal professor...who?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115852 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
When something is swallowed it goes:
a. to the heart
b. to the brain
c. to the belly (digestive track)
d. to the (name internal organ not in digestive track here).
I am afraid that the standard translation. And as we have already seen by YOUR reference, "inward parts" is a false, amateurish and erroneous translation.
Normally the answer is c.
"Inward parts" allows for belly and even stomach.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115853 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof.
I've been looking for proof of evolution for decades, but there is none to be found, just hoaxes, sorry.

Hysterical. I see why your name is imagine.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#115854 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a fool. Just because someone is interested in science does not make one a "liberal". In fact on college campuses for many years the sciences were some of the most conservative areas politically on the campus. Unfortunately, at least in the U.S., the Republicans have been shunning science lately and aimed their recruitment at Cooter and his cousins.

You can still find a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson where he lauds the Republican party for supporting the sciences. Sadly I don't think that would be the case today.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115855 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Now back to the math. This is what you have avoided, as Bob well knows.
With the adjusted time of about one year I think we both agree the drainage would not be greater than about 4 ft/hr. That's not very fast.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115856 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter. You have already admitted (finally) that you have no interest in evidence whatsoever. Nor could you discuss it if you were. Further discussion is irrelevant. Your presence is irrelevant. Your baseless religious opinions are irrelevant. You are irrelevant. You have nothing to contribute. imagine2011 is rendered a meaningless spambot.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115857 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a fool. Just because someone is interested in science does not make one a "liberal". In fact on college campuses for many years the sciences were some of the most conservative areas politically on the campus. Unfortunately, at least in the U.S., the Republicans have been shunning science lately and aimed their recruitment at Cooter and his cousins.
You can still find a video of Neil deGrasse Tyson where he lauds the Republican party for supporting the sciences. Sadly I don't think that would be the case today.
Yes, in the years that conservatives taught mainly in colleges, we had prayer and Bible reading in schools.

We also did not have ANY school shootings or any of the crime you see today.

Funny how that works, isn't it?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115858 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with science. It works the same way no matter who you vote for or what your beliefs are. Conservative or Liberal, theist or atheist. Fundies don't appear to understand that.

Or much else really.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#115859 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in the years that conservatives taught mainly in colleges, we had prayer and Bible reading in schools.
No, we had conservative scientists for long after the illegal activity of having prayer in school ended.

Don't tell me that you are that big of an idiot that thinks we should have prayer in school? So what schools have Muslim prayers? Which ones would have Jewish prayers? Which ones would have Pastafarian prayers?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115860 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>

That is the worst logical statement ever.

Have you looked at the histories of those shooters. Right winged fundies.

Not that the lefties are perfect, but leave the SS and false attribution fallacies at the door.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115861 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we had conservative scientists for long after the illegal activity of having prayer in school ended.
Don't tell me that you are that big of an idiot that thinks we should have prayer in school? So what schools have Muslim prayers? Which ones would have Jewish prayers? Which ones would have Pastafarian prayers?
Tell me why you wouldn't want Muslim prayers.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#115862 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why you wouldn't want Muslim prayers.
Because they are just as wrong as any other prayers.

And don't tell me you would be for Muslim prayers. Now you are being disingenuous. Congratulations by your dishonesty to me you have officially won the label of "creatard".

I always give creationists a chance. When they show that they are dishonest the lost the ability to call themselves creationists anymore.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115863 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
THEORY::: assumption, concession, premise (also premiss), presumption, presupposition, theorem; conjecture, generalization, guess, guesswork, inference, speculation, surmise; proffer, proposal, suggestion; feeling, hunch, impression, inkling, notion, suspicion; abstraction, concept, conception, construct
GUESSWORK is the definition of THEORY
Too lazy to look up the definition of scientific theory?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115864 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, um, just saying it, doesn't make it so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_Uni...
http://news.discovery.com/human/violent-crime...
http://www.wanttoknow.info/g/violent_crime_ra...

So ... what was that about there being more crime today?
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115865 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are just as wrong as any other prayers.
And don't tell me you would be for Muslim prayers. Now you are being disingenuous. Congratulations by your dishonesty to me you have officially won the label of "creatard".
I always give creationists a chance. When they show that they are dishonest the lost the ability to call themselves creationists anymore.
I just wanted your opinion on the Islamic faith.

As far as schools go, it won't be long until people can use their property tax money to pay for any school they want to send their children to, instead of having to pay for public schools thru taxes and then also coming up with private school tuition to keep their kids in their chosen schools.

The voucher system.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115866 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the worst logical statement ever.
Have you looked at the histories of those shooters. Right winged fundies.
Not that the lefties are perfect, but leave the SS and false attribution fallacies at the door.
List them and their proven political and religious ties.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#115867 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wanted your opinion on the Islamic faith.
As far as schools go, it won't be long until people can use their property tax money to pay for any school they want to send their children to, instead of having to pay for public schools thru taxes and then also coming up with private school tuition to keep their kids in their chosen schools.
The voucher system.
The voucher system does not seem to be going anywhere. And if a school gets state money then they may be required to live up to state standards even if it is a "private Christian school". That would mean that they could not teach their students fairy tales and get away with it.

In fact the sort of nonsense that you preach is one of the main enemies of the voucher system.

I am all for the voucher system, as long as schools are tested and openly rated. Of course if a schools rating dropped to far it would be out of the running for state money. How long do you think your nonsense would hold up if that were the case? Remember there are many Christian sects that accept evolution in the United States, including the largest one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Ronnie 35,302
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 44 min hpcaban 14,950
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 199,440
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... Tue DanFromSmithville 36
Ribose can be produced in space Jun 27 JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation Jun 27 JanusBifrons 1
My Story Part 2 Jun 27 JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web