It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 166302 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#115795 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not giving a reference everyone can check for confirmation, I see. Why is that do you think?

Again, YOU provided the reference. It would be silly for me to provide a reference you have already provided, would it not?

I thought so too.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115796 May 18, 2013
Joe wrote:
Evolution is just plain stupidity. Deep down everyone including darwin knows their is a GOD. Maybe something happened in life that upset them so they blame GOD. So then they make up the greatest lie ever concieved, and try to teach this stupidity to our kids. Just my 2 cents

Thanks for the 2 cents.

If you want to provide more I charge $250 per hour. Heavily discounted for insurance companies, of course.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115797 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob remembers that you always thought it was him that was laughable!

All the characters are amusing in their own way. Why is that when you get backed into a corner you try this desperate thrashing about bringing up movie themes as if they substantiated your point in any way?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115798 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my reference. That's why I knew to challenge you. Why did you just select a choice morsel (your choice) from all the info there and present it as if it was the only possibility? Why is it that your side chronically handles data in this patently dishonest way?

Did you not see that all of the translations of the word in question save 2 are in reference to the digestive track?

One of the other two was in reference to a pregnant woman's belly.

Once can deduce from the context why the word was translated (correctly) as it was.

What does your cult bible claim it should be translated as?

I also noted also that you were not able to follow my logic.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave the reference. Why do I need to give you YOUR reference?
Are you retarded?
And what is the largest hollow place in a fish?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/common ...
Please show me the largest hollow place connected to the mouth. Unless you think he was "swallowed" through his gill or rectum.
If you want to be dishonest you should try to be better at it.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115799 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The waters receded far enough in 150 days to enable what? Be quick with your answer. Bob is chomping at the bit to get in here. He's sure he knows the answer. Do you? He says it's a no brainer!

Again, you desperately want to focus on minutia as you are horrified by the big picture.

I also notice no math to back up your claim again. Humm.... why is that, do you think?

Gen 7:6 Now Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of water [g]came upon the earth. 7 Then Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives with him entered the ark because of the water of the flood.

Gen 7:10 It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood [i]came upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the [j]floodgates of the sky were opened. 12 The rain [k]fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.

Gen 7:17 Then the flood [n]came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark [o]floated on the [p]surface of the water. 19 The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains [q]everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen [r]cubits higher, and the mountains were covered.

Gen 7:24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

Gen 8:3 and the water receded steadily from the earth, and at the end of one hundred and fifty days the water decreased. 4 In the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. 5 The water decreased steadily until the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains became visible.

Gen 8:13 Now it came about in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, on the first of the month, the water was dried up [g]from the earth. Then Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and behold, the [h]surface of the ground was dried up. 14 In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry. NASB

Do we agree on the data? Does the cult version of your "bible" have something other than the above?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115800 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, water rising uniformly at roughly 10 ft/hr. Is there a problem with that?

Why would the water rise uniformly? You would have torrents coming down as rain and running off the mountains. You would still have tides as the earth rotated.

Water would crash over high areas and valleys would be flooded quickly.

Really, you never bother to think these things through.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115801 May 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Two questions.
1) What water? 2)Who is Bob?

Bob is one of KAB's invisible playmates.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115802 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point, you know how to guarantee a response. In the meantime I'll just consider you generally ir-responsible.

Yes, you make ups bs and you are guaranteed a response.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115803 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The water from the global flood of Noah's day, and Bob from the movie "What About Bob?". Dr. D can tell you all about Bob.

Dr. D is also, apparently, another of KAB's invisible playmates.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115804 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing that, as I've stated numerous times, most expressions can have multiple legitimate possible meanings.

And even more illegitimate impossible non-meanings.

What do you think we see when we read your posts?

You had better not care! It is pretty sad from where we sit.

KAB

Wilson, NC

#115805 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
All the characters are amusing in their own way. Why is that when you get backed into a corner you try this desperate thrashing about bringing up movie themes as if they substantiated your point in any way?
Dealing with a mental health "professional" of your calibre has helped me aprreciate what may have motivated someone to make the movie (i.e., a shrink who's so far around the bend himself that he treats someone completely normal as if he's nuts).
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115806 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not see that all of the translations of the word in question save 2 are in reference to the digestive track?
One of the other two was in reference to a pregnant woman's belly.
Once can deduce from the context why the word was translated (correctly) as it was.
What does your cult bible claim it should be translated as?
I also noted also that you were not able to follow my logic.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You gave the reference. Why do I need to give you YOUR reference?
Are you retarded?
And what is the largest hollow place in a fish?
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/common ...
Please show me the largest hollow place connected to the mouth. Unless you think he was "swallowed" through his gill or rectum.
If you want to be dishonest you should try to be better at it.
The best translation is something akin to "inward parts" so as not to be inappropriately restrictive. Actually, "belly" in its most general sense, is not bad, except that there are zealots such as yourself who take that and run exclusively to the stomach with it.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115807 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you desperately want to focus on minutia as you are horrified by the big picture.
I also notice no math to back up your claim again. Humm.... why is that, do you think?
Gen 7:6 Now Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of water [g]came upon the earth. 7 Then Noah and his sons and his wife and his sons’ wives with him entered the ark because of the water of the flood.
Gen 7:10 It came about after the seven days, that the water of the flood [i]came upon the earth. 11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the [j]floodgates of the sky were opened. 12 The rain [k]fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights.
Gen 7:17 Then the flood [n]came upon the earth for forty days, and the water increased and lifted up the ark, so that it rose above the earth. 18 The water prevailed and increased greatly upon the earth, and the ark [o]floated on the [p]surface of the water. 19 The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains [q]everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen [r]cubits higher, and the mountains were covered.
Gen 7:24 The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.
Gen 8:3 and the water receded steadily from the earth, and at the end of one hundred and fifty days the water decreased. 4 In the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat. 5 The water decreased steadily until the tenth month; in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, the tops of the mountains became visible.
Gen 8:13 Now it came about in the six hundred and first year, in the first month, on the first of the month, the water was dried up [g]from the earth. Then Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and behold, the [h]surface of the ground was dried up. 14 In the second month, on the twenty-seventh day of the month, the earth was dry. NASB
Do we agree on the data? Does the cult version of your "bible" have something other than the above?
That covers it, verse 13 reporting that the waters continued receding for about one year. I have this uneasy feeling, however, that you're going to state otherwise. That's just the way you've proven to be, as Bob well knows.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115808 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the water rise uniformly? You would have torrents coming down as rain and running off the mountains. You would still have tides as the earth rotated.
Water would crash over high areas and valleys would be flooded quickly.
Really, you never bother to think these things through.
Thinking thru is an excellent discipline.
With that in mind, think thru how the flood account doesn't state how much water was in the form of rain. Think thru how much havoc tides wreak today as they go thru their slow rise and fall? Think thru and explain why and how water would crash over high areas. The only such that I can explain water crashing over is something like the closed rim of a global scale flood gauge or some similar closed elevated-rim structure. Think thru valleys with water rising relatively slowly and steadily, as we have already thought thru, from the downstream end. You are so not technically savvy.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115809 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking thru is an excellent discipline.
With that in mind, think thru how the flood account doesn't state how much water was in the form of rain. Think thru how much havoc tides wreak today as they go thru their slow rise and fall? Think thru and explain why and how water would crash over high areas. The only such that I can explain water crashing over is something like the closed rim of a global scale flood gauge or some similar closed elevated-rim structure. Think thru valleys with water rising relatively slowly and steadily, as we have already thought thru, from the downstream end. You are so not technically savvy.
Please, for the love of the internet, Google things before you post them.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115810 May 18, 2013
tfj wrote:
If humans have evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
Yes...

and why haven't other things evolved right before our eyes.....

and why are most of the fossils of many creatures claimed to be millions of years old, still living today....

and why are there fossils of fish eating fish or fish laying eggs? Could it be they were killed by mudslides during the "global flood"?

and why are there human foot prints right next to dinesaur prints supposedly millions of years before humans...?

and why are there so many dinasaurs that died standing up?

trees died standing up in these so-called soil and rock layers supposedly millions of years old...why didn't the tree rot?

and why can we make man-made coal in a very short period of time.....not millions or billions of years...

and why can we make man-made petrified plants or animals just by leaving it sunk in water for a short period of time...creating a fossil in less that a year...not millions of years?

That goes along with the global flooding that created the fossils in a very short period of time, 13 months to be exact.

and why are there 16th-20th century modern objects found inside of rock layers & boulders of coal that are said to be 100's of millions of years old....

and why can't people accept the fact that evolution has been PROVEN to be absolutely "impossible"??? Impossible I say. Its a theory made up by a man who was angry with God and who called himself "Satan Chaplan".....Darwin.

Are some people that desperate to disprove God, so they think they won't have to behave or so afraid of being pointed out as a sinner, they will make "monkeys" out of themselves?

If you truly want to know about the flood and the creation proof, watch this video below. If you don't watch it and learn from it, don't say another word against it.

http://www.cross.tv/64437

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115811 May 18, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob is one of KAB's invisible playmates.
Ah, a direct descendant of Noah. It should have been obvious.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115812 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...
and why are most of the fossils of many creatures claimed to be millions of years old, still living today....
and why are there fossils of fish eating fish or fish laying eggs? Could it be they were killed by mudslides during the "global flood"?
and why are there human foot prints right next to dinesaur prints supposedly millions of years before humans...?
trees died standing up in these so-called soil and rock layers supposedly millions of years old...why didn't the tree rot?
and why can we make man-made coal in a very short period of time.....not millions or billions of years...
and why can we make man-made petrified plants or animals just by leaving it sunk in water for a short period of time...creating a fossil in less that a year...not millions of years?
That goes along with the global flooding that created the fossils in a very short period of time, 13 months to be exact.
and why are there 16th-20th century modern objects found inside of rock layers & boulders of coal that are said to be 100's of millions of years old....
and why can't people accept the fact that evolution has been PROVEN to be absolutely "impossible"??? Impossible I say. Its a theory made up by a man who was angry with God and who called himself "Satan Chaplan".....Darwin.
Are some people that desperate to disprove God, so they think they won't have to behave or so afraid of being pointed out as a sinner, they will make "monkeys" out of themselves?
If you truly want to know about the flood and the creation proof, watch this video below. If you don't watch it and learn from it, don't say another word against it.
All fallacies, all addressed or debunked. ALL of them.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#115813 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...
And the response, oddly, comes from Answers in Genesis.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/t...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#115814 May 18, 2013
Hoo Boy. This is a classic:

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blogs/bi...

Bill Nye, the harmless children's edu-tainer known as "The Science Guy," managed to offend a select group of adults in Waco, Texas at a presentation, when he suggested that the moon does not emit light, but instead reflects the light of the sun.

As even most elementary-school graduates know, the moon reflects the light of the sun but produces no light of its own.

But don't tell that to the good people of Waco, who were "visibly angered by what some perceived as irreverence," according to the Waco Tribune.

Nye was in town to participate in McLennan Community College's Distinguished Lecture Series. He gave two lectures on such unfunny and adult topics as global warming, Mars exploration, and energy consumption.

But nothing got people as riled as when he brought up Genesis 1:16, which reads: "God made two great lights -- the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars."

The lesser light, he pointed out, is not a light at all, but only a reflector.

At this point, several people in the audience stormed out in fury. One woman yelled "We believe in God!" and left with three children, thus ensuring that people across America would read about the incident and conclude that Waco is as nutty as they'd always suspected.

This story originally appeared in the Waco Tribune, but the newspaper has mysteriously pulled its story from the online version, presumably to avoid further embarrassment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min replaytime 87,210
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 3 hr knows 1,824
What's your religion? 14 hr Endofdays 767
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 23 hr superwilly 5,811
Scientific Method Feb 15 stinky 20
Evolving A Maze Solving Robot Feb 6 Untangler 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 1 Rose_NoHo 223,360
More from around the web