It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151419 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115507 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What I do is provide data supplied by geologists.

You mean like dirt and garden hose research. You are a cartoon!

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#115508 May 14, 2013
According to flood supporters the Grand Canyon is the result of the noachian flood. Sediment from the flood was laid down and the Colorado River carved the canyon over the last few thousand years. The walls of the canyon are composed of different layers of gneis at the bottom with sandstones, shales, and limestones swapping back and forth as you ascend. These formations are well known and named, but I won't go into that. The interesting thing is that if the sandstones were cut by the river prior to forming stone, the canyon would look very different than it does. Loose sand, wet or dry could not hold the sheer vertical faces that exist today. Further, there are sandstone formations that were not formed under water and these lie between layers that were solution formed rock. Further, if the whole of these strata were formed under water, they would not have the same layering effect that is apparent today.

Finally, another comment about KAB's inerrent source of information. Joshua stopped the sun in Joshua 10: 12-13. He stopped the moon too. Another of those pesky contradictions found within the good book. Conditions that would have allowed Joshua at least the dream of stopping the sun and moon could only exist if the Earth were the center of the solar system and the sun and moon along with everything else revolved around us. Since those conditions have been shown to be false, stopping the sun wouldn't have amounted to anything which...sorry I just stopped the sun. Did you see it. Me neither.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115509 May 14, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Like all DarwinBots on this forum, you must defer to the credentials of others when you are backed into a corner.
You are blindly swallowing whatever dogma is presented to you by the intellectuals of the world. I look at the evidence and decide for myself.

Decide for yourself the answer to the following:

f'(x)={f(x+h)- f(x)}\(h)
lim h-->0

Can you look at the evidence and decide what the atmosphere of an extrasolar planet is composed of?

Can you answer this question (on Indian civil service test)
The Bay of Bengal is in which state?

Frankly, we have experts because it is not possible for anyone to know everything that is known nor how to evaluate the information in complex fields.

And you have not even shown yourself to be of even average intelligence or education, so.....

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115510 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I raise questions about experts' findings. Do you think that's inappropriate?

When you don't know enough about the field to raise VALID objections, then yes, that is inappropriate.

You are not raising actual objections, you are just serving your own confirmation bias. All your "objections" mean is that you don't want to believe the findings of science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115511 May 14, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>It is unfortunate that many [including the likes of Richard Dawkins] have labeled anyone who quesitons evolution as "anti-science". Such a position is the antithesis of true scientific investigation.

Surely you can provide a quote and source for this labeling.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115512 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a slow drainage. It's in the record. Have you ever observed the effect of a slowly decreasing water level on sand on a surface? Do you see how this didn't require even a single back-flip? Why do you insist on making invalid assumptions? Is it because that's the only way to attempt to defend your case?

Why do you insist on making invalid assumptions? Is it because that's the only way to attempt to defend your case?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115513 May 14, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the paper I have been repeatedly referencing http://geology.gsapubs.org/content/33/4/321.f...
DOES have data that offers NO scenario where a MASSIVE amount of water innundated the region, and instead offers (again) the following conclusion:
"Only exceptional global climatic disturbances have occasionally permitted humidity transfer across the Andes into the driest regions of this coastal desert since ca. 25 Ma."
....and no, "HUMIDITY" does in no way suggest a miles-deep flood.
No wiggle room here. There was no flood in the Atacama region since it was raised out of the Atlantic Ocean about 30MYA.
As I have previously stated and you here once again reinforce, your side is not comfortable beyond the conclusions and summary statements since you are so not technically savvy and don't understand the data.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115514 May 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Got spanked on Tyre, so now... Really? NOW you want to run the numbers on a global flood that topped the mountains under the entire heavens by 15 cubits? You realize that the calculations haven't changed any in at least a couple dozen posts. Numbers and data are like that. Maybe they don't like you KAB? It's glaringly transparent that you don't like them. Math must be a tool of Satan?
Wouldn't you suppose that the ass would be the one who has been avoiding and ignoring those numbers as "dataless assertions?"
Do you think that the world hasn't caught on that you are going to continue to incorrigibly avoid and ignore that which CONCLUSIVELY disproves your dataless ASSertion that "the Bible is a demonstrably reliable source?"
Once again, no data, no numbers, no math, I see.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115515 May 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Never been to the beach, huh? Putz.
Yes, I have been to the beach. What do you want to hilite about it?

Level 9

#115516 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have previously stated and you here once again reinforce, your side is not comfortable beyond the conclusions and summary statements since you are so not technically savvy and don't understand the data.
Yet you provide no data. You make allusions. You dance around. You dodge and hem and haw.

I don't think you are technically savvy either. It would seem that you aren't savvy at all.

On the upside, someone was asking in one of these threads about an example of a monkey typing Shakespear or any seemingly coherent work. I will let them know where to find you.

Level 9

#115517 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As if you would be able to interpret real data in any meaningful way.

Level 9

#115518 May 14, 2013
The number of times KAB has demanded data. 23,128.

The number of times KAB has provided data. 0.

Watching KAB make an ass out of himself. Priceless.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115519 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. still miffed that your badly contrived "global rain gauge" failed to rationalize a trillion tons of magic water?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115520 May 14, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet that you posted in the form of a question so you can weasel out of it later.
Whatever legitimately gets the job done. That's the element your side consistently lacks.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115521 May 14, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
According to flood supporters the Grand Canyon is the result of the noachian flood. Sediment from the flood was laid down and the Colorado River carved the canyon over the last few thousand years. The walls of the canyon are composed of different layers of gneis at the bottom with sandstones, shales, and limestones swapping back and forth as you ascend. These formations are well known and named, but I won't go into that. The interesting thing is that if the sandstones were cut by the river prior to forming stone, the canyon would look very different than it does. Loose sand, wet or dry could not hold the sheer vertical faces that exist today. Further, there are sandstone formations that were not formed under water and these lie between layers that were solution formed rock. Further, if the whole of these strata were formed under water, they would not have the same layering effect that is apparent today.
Finally, another comment about KAB's inerrent source of information. Joshua stopped the sun in Joshua 10: 12-13. He stopped the moon too. Another of those pesky contradictions found within the good book. Conditions that would have allowed Joshua at least the dream of stopping the sun and moon could only exist if the Earth were the center of the solar system and the sun and moon along with everything else revolved around us. Since those conditions have been shown to be false, stopping the sun wouldn't have amounted to anything which...sorry I just stopped the sun. Did you see it. Me neither.
You make some good Grand Canyon points.

Regarding Joshua, it seems he was addressing a visual thing, don't you think?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115522 May 14, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you provide no data. You make allusions. You dance around. You dodge and hem and haw.
I don't think you are technically savvy either. It would seem that you aren't savvy at all.
On the upside, someone was asking in one of these threads about an example of a monkey typing Shakespear or any seemingly coherent work. I will let them know where to find you.
Try quoting me as confirmation of any of your assertions about me.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#115523 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly me.

I prefer to take the findings of TEAMS of professional Geologists with reams of supporting data above the UNsupported assertions of an individual that has admitted no substantial training in geology, and a clear bias for Bronze-age mythology.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#115524 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I raise questions about experts' findings. Do you think that's inappropriate?
But, not about things that you think might support your Bible story.

How is that not confirmation bias?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115525 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want the data, numbers and math, all you have to do is scroll back over the last several hundred pages. When you see a post where you've written"dataless assertion" look just above where it starts out "______ wrote:" and THIS time keep reading.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#115526 May 14, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Try quoting me as confirmation of any of your assertions about me.
Quote all the word-twisting, wiggle-room-searching, and bullshittery you've done to prove to YOU that you've done exactly what we've watched you do since you got here? Don't you remember any of the wacky bullshit you've said? We do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min DanFromSmithville 201,401
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 min DanFromSmithville 175
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min IB DaMann 40,659
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 15 min _Susan_ 16,133
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 17 min THE LONE WORKER 34
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 1 hr Chazofsaints 15
News Book aims to prove existence of God (Nov '09) 1 hr ChristineM 96
More from around the web