It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
113,121 - 113,140 of 134,618 Comments Last updated 12 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to be seriously trying to ascertain how it could be done. Your confirmation bias appears to be affecting your attitude toward the exercise.
Well, it's better than how you are ignoring 90% of reality just so you can pretend this myth actually happened. If you cannot explain how it could be done, you have to invoke magic, and thus all your "global flood" nonsense itself becomes moot.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certainly relieved I'm not the one reduced to substituting a steady flow of name-calling for data.

That would be quite an improvement for you.

Remember, you are the one who has had nothing for the entire length of time you have been here. By any objective basis you have lost every battle and have not even put forth a decent fight.

Pretending you are doing well is not the same thing as actually doing well.

Go back to lying. It is the one thing for which you have demonstrated outstanding skill.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You are mistaken.
The Ararat Massif, at least, has not been submerged for millions of years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Ararat
Of course the Ararat Massif hasn't been submerged for millions of years. It's not even submerged now! BTW, I didn't see any info in your reference, let alone data, regarding submergence of Ararat. Noah's flood is mentioned without even questioning it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the Ararat Massif hasn't been submerged for millions of years. It's not even submerged now! BTW, I didn't see any info in your reference, let alone data, regarding submergence of Ararat. Noah's flood is mentioned without even questioning it.
If it was not submerged in millions of years, no global flood could have happened during that entire time.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies. We're discussing that evidence right now! Do try and pay attention.
<quoted text>
Nice little word game you play here, Mr Phony Baloney. Flooding may have occurred all over the earth 4500 years ago but there was no global flood over the entire earth at one time. Period.
I see you got the point. Since flood evidence exists, how do you use that data to conclude there was no global flood? Does your confirmation bias help?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in your dreams.
Actually, it's in the record of this forum.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

thank you for admitting Ararat has not been submerged for millions of years.

Yet another refutation of the flood myth.

Good catch.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you got the point. Since flood evidence exists, how do you use that data to conclude there was no global flood? Does your confirmation bias help?

I see you got the point. Since no global flood evidence exists, how do you use that data to conclude there was a global flood? Does your confirmation bias help?

Remember who has the onus of proof.

But you refuse to acknowledge that truth.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you the same challenge SZ
Reference a study that documents the accuracy and reproducibility or radiometric dating.
I'm waiting.....
SZ was busy refuting other Christian lies....so I'll answer for him just this once..:-)

http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/wiens.html

As a bonus the above site is Christian, and the scientist presenting is a Christian

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin didn't "use" the K-Ar method. He submitted a sample to a reputable lab. If evolutionists claim that Austin incorrectly collected a the year old sample, what reassurance is there that a 50 million year old sample is "correctly" collected?
What about the numerous other samples that have been collected from volcanic lava flows of known dates that have yielded equally worthless results? The Hualalai basalt lava flow in Hawaii, which erupted between 1800 and 1801, was determined to be 22 million years old by the Potassium-Argon Method.* Sunset Crater in Arizona, which erupted around AD 1064, was dated at 250,000 to 270,000 years. Mt. Etna basalt, which erupted in Sicily in 1792, was dated at 1.41 million years.*. Many other examples of volcanic lava flows of known dates have been blindly subjected to radiometric dating and have yielded similarly worthless results.
Austin, S.A., 1996. Excess Argon Within Mineral Concentrates from the New Dacite Lava Dome at Mount St. Helens Volcano. CEN Tech.J., 10(3):335-343
Funkhouser, John G., and Naughton, John J., Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 73, No. 14, July
1968, pp.4601-4607.
Austin, S.A.,(edit),1994. Grand Canyon: Monument to Catastrophe, Institute for Creation Research, Santee, CA, pp
Do you know of any study that documents that radiometric dating of lava flows of historically known dates is accurate and reproducible? Why do no such studies exist?
You said, "K-Ar method cannot be used to date samples that are much younger than 6,000 years old".
You are therefore assuming that all fossils are older than 6,000 years old. Therefore, none of the dates assigned to australopicithine fossils are valid. If a fossil is 4,000 years old, it will date much older.
Are you a scientist in the field of radiometric dating??

If not, you know nothing, and are full of sh!t.

Go here: http://www.asa3.org/ASA/resources/wiens.html

Just hate these people trying to sound sooo educated and getting their info from Aig or ICR or some such place.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Creatard fundamentalists evangelicals have been trying to discredit radiometric dating ever since it came out in the 1950's

They have ALL failed....don't believe me....just go to ANY scientific site that uses radiometric dating and ask the webmaster for help in your school paper..:-)

The creatards on here know nothing about the science.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Flood evidence exists?????????

I had no idea!!!!!!

Can you point me too it?????

It's not those creatards George Mcready Price, Henry M. Morris, and John C. Whitcomb junkscience crapola is it??

I haven't heard of any mainline geology group endorsing a flood scenario.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Following the usual pattern, you've made the assertion. Now provide the data which confirms. You don't just go to the Atacama and say it sure is dry here. It probably hasn't rained here for thousands of years. Well, I know you would, but the scientists are different. Something has to be measured. What is it?
Red something, you effing imbecile.

http://geography.about.com/od/physicalgeograp...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's unfortunate you have such a limited mind.
Your willingness to dismiss all evidence that doesn't support your Bible story and accept anything that in any way could be construed to support it demonstrates your intellectual dishonesty. You lie to us, but you lie to yourself first.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reference. Here's a quote from it,
"Studies by a group of British scientists have suggested that some river beds have been dry for 120,000 years."
It's still not data, but it's a step closer. See if you can discern the most significant word in the statement and explain why it's significant.
Science is ALWAYS tentative. ALWAYS.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Reference a study that documents the accuracy and reproducibility or radiometric dating.
I'm waiting.....
I'll give YOU a challenge.

Reference a study that documents the accuracy and reproducibility of 2 H + 1 O = 1 molecule H2O + energy.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Following the usual pattern, you've made the assertion. Now provide the data which confirms. You don't just go to the Atacama and say it sure is dry here. It probably hasn't rained here for thousands of years. Well, I know you would, but the scientists are different. Something has to be measured. What is it?
The amount of reality you're willing to deny?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no flood evidence.

All you have ever presented was some sediment from a crater in Canada easily explained by far more mundane causes.

We have shown you piles of evidence that no massive flood or disruption to human, plant, or animal life has occurred, no large scale world wide sedimentation has occurred, in fact nothing has occurred on the scale of the Biblical Flood during the period that you claim it had to have happened.

Therefore, unless God or the Devil carefully cleaned up the mess afterwards to eliminate all trace of it, and also planted piles of evidence against it just to fool us (like 600,000 year old ice cores), then it just didn't happen buddy. Genesis is a book of early Jewish myths. Even the Jews get that and know its mostly allegorical, not factual.

You CANNOT pretend to be a data junkie while trying to hold out against the massive amount of data that invalidates your position.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting.....
I missed this post by How's That for Stupid.

Here is one study:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/09/...

And another paper:

http://www.sciencemeetsreligion.org/evolution...

Radiometric dating is sound since the mathematics are correct. We know that without contamination the dates given by it should be correct. When an anomalous date appears it is time to see what went wrong.

As an analogy if we drop something it should accelerate at roughly 9.8 m/sec^2.

There are many exceptions to this "rule". For example a tall enough height could mean that air resistances becomes a factor. The object dropped could be a magnet in a conducting tube and it will slow due to eddy currents. The object could be dropped from an extreme height where the Galilean simplification could no longer be used. The list goes on and on.

The same applies to dating rocks. Radiometric dating is so well accepted that operator error is assumed if a "wrong" answer is received. As I said, there were several things Austin could have done wrong. By telling a place to simply date a sample he was the operator and he was wrong. If the sample had xenocrysts or phenocrysts he was wrong since he did not tell the testing site. If he did not keep his sample pure he was wrong with his handling and again wrong by not telling the testing site. The first thing done if you get an anomalous date is to date again. Stevarino did not do that now, did he? Austin is not a complete idiot. He probably knew that his sample could have failed. Like most creatards he probably is not honest.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Chimney1 wrote:
YEC desperadoes.
I'm keeping that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do half of Britons not believe in evolution? 12 min TurkanaBoy 51
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 17 min polymath257 461
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr MikeF 113,231
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr MikeF 171,581
art & intelligence (Mar '11) 9 hr THE LONE WORKER 68
Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) 9 hr THE LONE WORKER 3,391
GOP House candidate Bob Frey believes dinosaurs... 11 hr The Dude 25
•••
•••