It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150612 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115082 May 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That should be 6.000 years ago.
And unless, say, the Atacama is also flooded at the same time, you're SOL.
Your 6,000 year reference shows you're not following this seriously. Unless you demonstrate otherwise, I'll gage my interaction with you accordingly. I'm not here for social interaction.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115083 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you distinguish 4500 year old global flood evidence from other 4500 year old flood evidence?

Clearly you clearly know you have lost at rational debate.

You might want to Google your most recent symptom,'Poverty of thought'

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115084 May 9, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
You guys have old Kabbie going batshit insane tonight. Well played.

Yea, we really have him on the ropes.

He get dumber and funnier when he is boxed into a corner.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115085 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an obvious myth. It's reported as an historical account without obvious mythological characteristics and in a demonstrated reliable source.

I thought we were talking about a bible story. You say there is a historical account of this in a demonstrated reliable source as well?

Please tell us where!?

The account in the bible is a derived story that was taken from earlier accounts (word for word in places). It was simply rewritten to and the appropriate metaphors and lessons.

Metaphors and lessons that are well over your head, apparently.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115086 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 6,000 year reference shows you're not following this seriously. Unless you demonstrate otherwise, I'll gage my interaction with you accordingly. I'm not here for social interaction.

I don't think you are capable of social interaction. And why would anyone want to follow this canard "seriously"?

It is a joke and it is on you.

We are having a lovely time watching you dig yourself into oblivion.

By all means, continue. You have made a great case for your cult members all being mad as hatters.

If your "purpose" here was to make your cult look as stupid as possible then you could not have possible done a better job.

Please carry on. You are an inoculation against the cult for anyone reading this forum.

I cannot praise your effort higher than that.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#115087 May 9, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>It is laughable that you would reference "scientific standards" in view of the fact that evolutionary biologists have completely trashed all standards of scientific objectivity in their attempts to promote a worldview of atheism. For starters, you need to squarely address the fallacy of radiometric dating... the fact that it is a non-reproducible methodology that relies on layers upon layers of unprovable assumptions.
Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between "explosions" and "expansions." Sorry, but when you cast aspersions on the scientific community's understanding of reality, it's nothing more than projection from your own position of profound ignorance.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115088 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you distinguish 4500 year old global flood evidence from other 4500 year old flood evidence?
It would be...you know...GLOBAL.

Are you really that stupid?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115089 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. You're just here to engage in defensive wall-building, so you can work on defending your beliefs rather than examining them.

Have you seen the ridiculous batshit insanity marksman11 spews? He actually would rather defend 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.1 than to admit he is wrong about anything. He only spends time here so he can apply his defensiveness to the "enemy" so he can focus his energies on why everyone else must be wrong rather than why he must be right.

And, that's what you do. You don't care about proving what you believe is true; you just want to find any way that everyone else could possibly be wrong.

That's sad.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115090 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does all evidence last forever?
Flood evidence lasts for tens of thousands of years. Except, of course, the most significant flood in the history of the planet. That evidence has consistently disappeared itself and replaced itself with what would look like NOT A FLOOD.

Either the laws of physics changed or the flood never happened. It's up to you to choose. There are no other options.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115091 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the global scale 1.4 million year old flood gauge in Northern Canada is a work of fiction?
Any "global flood gauge" is a figment of your wishfulness. If you buy a car that has 4385.3 miles on it, you should not assume that it was driven to Des Moines from Paris.
If you want to succeed, it would be wise to present different data since what little you've already presented has been exposed as non-confirming, if not downright FRAUDULENT.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115092 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an obvious myth. It's reported as an historical account without obvious mythological characteristics and in a demonstrated reliable source.
A human being living in the stomach of a large animal. Can't get more obvious of it being a myth than that.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#115093 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that it IS an obvious myth, that it has many obvious mythological characteristics and that by reporting it as an historical account, the source is demonstrated as being unreliable.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115094 May 9, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be...you know...GLOBAL.
Are you really that stupid?
There is global 4500 year old flood evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115095 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is not. You are twisting things to try to force your mythology.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#115096 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Global?

No. There is not.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115097 May 9, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Flood evidence lasts for tens of thousands of years. Except, of course, the most significant flood in the history of the planet. That evidence has consistently disappeared itself and replaced itself with what would look like NOT A FLOOD.
Either the laws of physics changed or the flood never happened. It's up to you to choose. There are no other options.
You apparently think that if some flood data remains for tens of thousands of years, it all does.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#115098 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stop lying, liar.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#115099 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently think that if some flood data remains for tens of thousands of years, it all does.
Right. All the floods of the last 5000 years left behind evidence except the single most significant flood in the history of the planet.

Physics or fiction. Which is it?
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115100 May 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Any "global flood gauge" is a figment of your wishfulness. If you buy a car that has 4385.3 miles on it, you should not assume that it was driven to Des Moines from Paris.
If you want to succeed, it would be wise to present different data since what little you've already presented has been exposed as non-confirming, if not downright FRAUDULENT.
What if you have a 1.4 million year old crater whose sidewall loose material only made its way from the sidewalls into the crater lake once, and that was about 4500 years ago.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115101 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A human being living in the stomach of a large animal. Can't get more obvious of it being a myth than that.
Do you think the animal's belly would be too small?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 min Uncle Sam 11,610
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min DanFromSmithville 195,524
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min READMORE 29,532
Science News (Sep '13) 12 hr scientia potentia... 3,621
News Exposing the impotence of the Neo-Darwinian theory (Jan '15) 15 hr asar 12
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) 22 hr ChristineM 14,570
News Neil deGrasse Tyson embraces intelligent design... Mon Rome Viharo 1
More from around the web