It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160830 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115068 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and friends (especially opposing ones) don't have to provide data to confirm an assertion is correct.

You would like that, wouldn't you?

And clearly, you have never met my friends!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115069 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Would we know about any flood which left no recognizable evidence remaining to be recognized?

No. Nor would we know about a planet the size of Jupiter that directly collided with the earth that left no recognizable evidence remaining to be recognized, either.

Fundies say the dumbest things!

[QUOTE who="KAB"]<quoted text> As to the global flood, it would have left behind flood evidence. Isn't there 4500 year old flood evidence throughout the earth?

No.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115070 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Data? You haven't even provided evidence. Data without evidence is nothing, like your bible.
Evidence is data used to support a point. Perhaps you should stick to your high level math.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115071 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've admitted I don't know of any physical data confirming the global flood. As to supporting data, what's unscientific about the flood gauge data?

As to supporting data, what's unscientific about the flying unicorn gauge data?
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115072 May 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
By providing evidence (data).
Is that too hard for you?
Regardless of cause there is only non-evidence for things that didn't happen.
Regardless of cause there is evidence for things that do happen.
Does all evidence last forever?
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115073 May 9, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If I had a dime for everytime you claimed you would provide data, I would be rich man by now. If I got a dime for everytime you made the claim and then provided nothing, I would be twice as rich.
You have become established as a recurring character in your own online comedy farce. As evidence, I submit this thread in its entirety.
You're entitled to your opinion. The data will remain the same.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115074 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the global scale 1.4 million year old flood gauge in Northern Canada is a work of fiction?

There was no global flood 1.4 million years ago or at any other time in earths history.

For the same reasons we know there was not a global flood 4,500 years ago.

Works the same any any time period.

In case you have forgotten:

1. Where did the water come from?

2. Where did the water go?

3. How did civilizations continue through this period, unaffected?

4. How did fragile items survive?

5. Why is there not water damage inside of all older structures (great pyramid)?

6. How did water soluble "paint's" used in cave and cliff paintings manage to survive?

7. Why is there absolutely no tangible evidence of a global flood to be found?

8. Why are there no modern fish fossils on dry land?

9. How did animals get from their homes to the Ark?

10. How did animals get from the ark back to their homes?

==========

Okay, not ALL of them transfer to any time line, but you get the idea.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115075 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to succeed, it would be wise to present different data since everything already presented has been exposed as non-confirming.

Are you talking to yourself, yet again?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115076 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've presented data confirming Canada didn't conquer America. No one has provided similar data confirming Nebby didn't conquer Egypt. That's as perfect as it gets.

No, you have not provided any data at all that Canada did not conquer American. Maybe you think "assertion" means the same as "data". Well, not.

We have seen the same amount of data for both.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115077 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence is data used to support a point. Perhaps you should stick to your high level math.

Irony meter go boom.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115078 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does all evidence last forever?

A rock hit the earth 65 million years ago. That evidence lasted.

But a global flood only 4,500 years ago and we got bumpkis.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115079 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There is evidence of lots of flood over the last 4500 years, but alas, still none for one "world wide" flood at any time.
How would you distinguish 4500 year old global flood evidence from other 4500 year old flood evidence?

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#115080 May 9, 2013
You guys have old Kabbie going batshit insane tonight. Well played.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115081 May 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why do you believe in an obvious myth?
It's not an obvious myth. It's reported as an historical account without obvious mythological characteristics and in a demonstrated reliable source.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#115082 May 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That should be 6.000 years ago.
And unless, say, the Atacama is also flooded at the same time, you're SOL.
Your 6,000 year reference shows you're not following this seriously. Unless you demonstrate otherwise, I'll gage my interaction with you accordingly. I'm not here for social interaction.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115083 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you distinguish 4500 year old global flood evidence from other 4500 year old flood evidence?

Clearly you clearly know you have lost at rational debate.

You might want to Google your most recent symptom,'Poverty of thought'

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115084 May 9, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
You guys have old Kabbie going batshit insane tonight. Well played.

Yea, we really have him on the ropes.

He get dumber and funnier when he is boxed into a corner.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115085 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an obvious myth. It's reported as an historical account without obvious mythological characteristics and in a demonstrated reliable source.

I thought we were talking about a bible story. You say there is a historical account of this in a demonstrated reliable source as well?

Please tell us where!?

The account in the bible is a derived story that was taken from earlier accounts (word for word in places). It was simply rewritten to and the appropriate metaphors and lessons.

Metaphors and lessons that are well over your head, apparently.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115086 May 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 6,000 year reference shows you're not following this seriously. Unless you demonstrate otherwise, I'll gage my interaction with you accordingly. I'm not here for social interaction.

I don't think you are capable of social interaction. And why would anyone want to follow this canard "seriously"?

It is a joke and it is on you.

We are having a lovely time watching you dig yourself into oblivion.

By all means, continue. You have made a great case for your cult members all being mad as hatters.

If your "purpose" here was to make your cult look as stupid as possible then you could not have possible done a better job.

Please carry on. You are an inoculation against the cult for anyone reading this forum.

I cannot praise your effort higher than that.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#115087 May 9, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>It is laughable that you would reference "scientific standards" in view of the fact that evolutionary biologists have completely trashed all standards of scientific objectivity in their attempts to promote a worldview of atheism. For starters, you need to squarely address the fallacy of radiometric dating... the fact that it is a non-reproducible methodology that relies on layers upon layers of unprovable assumptions.
Says the guy who doesn't know the difference between "explosions" and "expansions." Sorry, but when you cast aspersions on the scientific community's understanding of reality, it's nothing more than projection from your own position of profound ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 24 min Aura Mytha 28,472
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Aura Mytha 66,324
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 221,195
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Eagle 12 3,417
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 6 hr Dogen 79
What does the theory of evolution state? 6 hr Dogen 103
What are microevolution and macroevolution? 8 hr pshun2404 4
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 11 hr Subduction Zone 137
More from around the web