It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Mar 15, 2009 Read more: Asheville Citizen-Times 141,211
I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Read more
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114919 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Bart Ehrman, a respected New Testament scholar and religious teacher at UNC Chapel Hill, and writer of a number of books on the New Testament tells us that the writers are anonymous and that Princeton Theological Seminary actually teaches this fact. Many earlier scholars have also pointed out that the Gospels are likely anonymous.
I know you will come to your own conclusions and not look at the evidence....so be it....Just remember that the real truth is out there..:-)
I gaurantee you I will look at evidence. Do you think what you just provided is evidence?
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114920 May 7, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you prove he did, then you're just being gullible. Remember the book I'd write and sign "Bill Clinton?" You're saying people should just accept that he wrote it. Your stupid logic, your problem. Stop being gullible and you'll stop being a Jehoveh's Witness.
Unless you prove he didn't, what are you being?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114921 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He is being logical and sane.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114922 May 8, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of HIV, eh?
Yes, I have.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114923 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He is being logical and sane.
I'll remember that when I accept something without proof.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#114924 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept the claim until it's proven false. That is gullibility. Always. It's the willful suspension of skepticism. There is NEVER a time it is anything else. Approach every claim as though it's the first and only claim if you wish to be skeptical. Or, choose to be gullible in the name of whatever benefit you think you get from your religion. Just stop lying about it.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#114925 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Noah's flood?

Gullibility. It's you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114926 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You accepted a god without evidence already.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114927 May 8, 2013
KAB, for all your nonsense and twisting of facts just to make your unreliable "source" appear more reliable than it is, you still fail to see the most important thing. An assertion (like your bible) is not evidence of anything, especially any supernatural claims. Thus, you must present evidence of the supernatural claims that is more than hearsay, hearsay is inadmissible as evidence for many reasons. Again, your bible is nothing but claims, that's all, thus there is no evidence of any supernatural events within it, and that includes the existence of your god. So, provide evidence first.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#114928 May 8, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the guys who make sports predictions?
Yeah. And the stock market. etc!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114929 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Noah's flood?
Gullibility. It's you.
And hypocrisy. I go away for a week and when I come back, KAB is still spouting the exact same nonsense.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114930 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have.
Then you know what causes AIDS.

Did you suffer severe traumatic brain injury at some point in your life?

Level 6

Location hidden

#114931 May 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And hypocrisy. I go away for a week and when I come back, KAB is still spouting the exact same nonsense.
I was out for 2 weeks. KAB never tires of Tyre it seems.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114932 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept the claim until it's proven false. That is gullibility. Always. It's the willful suspension of skepticism. There is NEVER a time it is anything else. Approach every claim as though it's the first and only claim if you wish to be skeptical. Or, choose to be gullible in the name of whatever benefit you think you get from your religion. Just stop lying about it.
You always overlook the value of a demonstrated reliable source. You can call the acceptance of Sargon prior to physical evidence gullibility if you want, but it was the course of wisdom and correct to boot. You clearly would have been in the no-Sargon camp to your detriment just as you are now in the Neb-didn't-conquer-Egypt camp.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114933 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Noah's flood?
Gullibility. It's you.
Yes, logical and sane according to your characterization.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114934 May 8, 2013
Sorry, that was Kitten's characterization.

Level 6

Location hidden

#114935 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You always overlook the value of a demonstrated reliable source. You can call the acceptance of Sargon prior to physical evidence gullibility if you want, but it was the course of wisdom and correct to boot. You clearly would have been in the no-Sargon camp to your detriment just as you are now in the Neb-didn't-conquer-Egypt camp.
I guess he is also in the snakes don't talk, insects have six legs, bats are not birds, no WW flood without evidence, the earth is a sphere, pi > 3, earth came after the stars, the sky is not a solid dome camps too.

KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114936 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know what causes AIDS.
Did you suffer severe traumatic brain injury at some point in your life?
No. I just wasn't thinking about and chose to continue not thinking about AIDS and wasn't sure just what you wanted since it was completely off topic.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114937 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
KAB, for all your nonsense and twisting of facts just to make your unreliable "source" appear more reliable than it is, you still fail to see the most important thing. An assertion (like your bible) is not evidence of anything, especially any supernatural claims. Thus, you must present evidence of the supernatural claims that is more than hearsay, hearsay is inadmissible as evidence for many reasons. Again, your bible is nothing but claims, that's all, thus there is no evidence of any supernatural events within it, and that includes the existence of your god. So, provide evidence first.
Is it your understanding that there is no evidence confirming anything in the Bible as correct, or are you just considering anything unproven as supernatural, or what? Please clarify what you do and don't accept in the Bible.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114938 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You accepted a god without evidence already.
Yes, logical and sane according to your characterization

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 4 min In Six Days 1,011
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Denisova 159,226
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 42 min Zog Has-fallen 18,436
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr One way or another 178,494
Humans DID evolve from apes! (Oct '14) Fri Chimney1 68
Poll How Do You View The New Millerite Adventist Inv... Apr 13 Zog Has-fallen 1
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) Apr 13 Denisova 360
More from around the web