It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 142580 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#114925 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remember that when I accept something without proof.
Like Noah's flood?

Gullibility. It's you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114926 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remember that when I accept something without proof.
You accepted a god without evidence already.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114927 May 8, 2013
KAB, for all your nonsense and twisting of facts just to make your unreliable "source" appear more reliable than it is, you still fail to see the most important thing. An assertion (like your bible) is not evidence of anything, especially any supernatural claims. Thus, you must present evidence of the supernatural claims that is more than hearsay, hearsay is inadmissible as evidence for many reasons. Again, your bible is nothing but claims, that's all, thus there is no evidence of any supernatural events within it, and that includes the existence of your god. So, provide evidence first.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#114928 May 8, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the guys who make sports predictions?
Yeah. And the stock market. etc!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114929 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Noah's flood?
Gullibility. It's you.
And hypocrisy. I go away for a week and when I come back, KAB is still spouting the exact same nonsense.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114930 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I have.
Then you know what causes AIDS.

Did you suffer severe traumatic brain injury at some point in your life?

Level 6

Location hidden

#114931 May 8, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And hypocrisy. I go away for a week and when I come back, KAB is still spouting the exact same nonsense.
I was out for 2 weeks. KAB never tires of Tyre it seems.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114932 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Accept the claim until it's proven false. That is gullibility. Always. It's the willful suspension of skepticism. There is NEVER a time it is anything else. Approach every claim as though it's the first and only claim if you wish to be skeptical. Or, choose to be gullible in the name of whatever benefit you think you get from your religion. Just stop lying about it.
You always overlook the value of a demonstrated reliable source. You can call the acceptance of Sargon prior to physical evidence gullibility if you want, but it was the course of wisdom and correct to boot. You clearly would have been in the no-Sargon camp to your detriment just as you are now in the Neb-didn't-conquer-Egypt camp.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114933 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Noah's flood?
Gullibility. It's you.
Yes, logical and sane according to your characterization.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114934 May 8, 2013
Sorry, that was Kitten's characterization.

Level 6

Location hidden

#114935 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You always overlook the value of a demonstrated reliable source. You can call the acceptance of Sargon prior to physical evidence gullibility if you want, but it was the course of wisdom and correct to boot. You clearly would have been in the no-Sargon camp to your detriment just as you are now in the Neb-didn't-conquer-Egypt camp.
I guess he is also in the snakes don't talk, insects have six legs, bats are not birds, no WW flood without evidence, the earth is a sphere, pi > 3, earth came after the stars, the sky is not a solid dome camps too.

KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114936 May 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you know what causes AIDS.
Did you suffer severe traumatic brain injury at some point in your life?
No. I just wasn't thinking about and chose to continue not thinking about AIDS and wasn't sure just what you wanted since it was completely off topic.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114937 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
KAB, for all your nonsense and twisting of facts just to make your unreliable "source" appear more reliable than it is, you still fail to see the most important thing. An assertion (like your bible) is not evidence of anything, especially any supernatural claims. Thus, you must present evidence of the supernatural claims that is more than hearsay, hearsay is inadmissible as evidence for many reasons. Again, your bible is nothing but claims, that's all, thus there is no evidence of any supernatural events within it, and that includes the existence of your god. So, provide evidence first.
Is it your understanding that there is no evidence confirming anything in the Bible as correct, or are you just considering anything unproven as supernatural, or what? Please clarify what you do and don't accept in the Bible.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114938 May 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You accepted a god without evidence already.
Yes, logical and sane according to your characterization
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114939 May 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was out for 2 weeks. KAB never tires of Tyre it seems.
It was your side which inflated and continues to roll the Tyre. I just answer questions and challenges. If you want it to stop, direect your request to your comrades.
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114940 May 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess he is also in the snakes don't talk, insects have six legs, bats are not birds, no WW flood without evidence, the earth is a sphere, pi > 3, earth came after the stars, the sky is not a solid dome camps too.
Yes, I think he is.

Level 6

Location hidden

#114941 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your understanding that there is no evidence confirming anything in the Bible as correct, or are you just considering anything unproven as supernatural, or what? Please clarify what you do and don't accept in the Bible.
Whoa there Mr.

Who ever said that there should be NO evidence confirming ANYTHING in the Bible is correct.

But, if I make claims A, B, C, D, and E, and it turns out that my claims A and D are correct, does that prove that B,C, and E are correct too? Of course not.

No to mention, we already know some of its claims are incorrect.(e.g the Flood)
KAB

Bellevue, WA

#114942 May 8, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa there Mr.
Who ever said that there should be NO evidence confirming ANYTHING in the Bible is correct.
But, if I make claims A, B, C, D, and E, and it turns out that my claims A and D are correct, does that prove that B,C, and E are correct too? Of course not.
No to mention, we already know some of its claims are incorrect.(e.g the Flood)
You have yet to provide data confirming the flood didn't happen.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114943 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we have. Since a Biblical flood would leave massive evidence behind the lack of evidence in this case is data that it did not happen.

And as usual you do have it backwards. We don't even need to show "data it did not happen". This is the sort of claim that the positive side has to give evidence for. If I claim I can fly by flapping my arms really fast you don't have to find data that I can't do it. It is up to me to demonstrate that I can.

Your flood claim is on the same order. You have to give some sort of evidence that the flood happened.

Remember KAB without any evidence YOU lose.

Level 6

Location hidden

#114944 May 8, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In every post, you reveal the systematic destruction of the rational faculty evident in your kind of believer. Faith is the Enemy of Reason said Martin Luther. He was right. You cannot even see it, can you...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 53 min Zog Has-fallen 35
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr messianic114 171,787
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Strel 20,589
News Intelligent design 6 hr Paul Porter1 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 18 hr Paul Porter1 266
Science Suggests That A Quantum Creation Force ... (Jun '14) 18 hr Paul Porter1 33
evolution is correct. prove me wrong Thu Paul Porter1 4
More from around the web