It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Mar 15, 2009 Read more: Asheville Citizen-Times 141,211
I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Read more
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114899 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Ezekiel prophesies the conquest of Egypt, the scattering of its entire population (it was to be uninhabited for 40 years), and Nebuchadnezzar plundering Egypt (Ezekiel 29:3 Ezekiel 30:26).
This includes the claim that God will make Egypt so weak that it will never again rule over other nations. Pharaoh Amasis II (who drove off Nebuchadnezzar) also conquered Cyprus, ruling it until 545 BC. Despite being a powerful nation in ancient times, Egypt has since been ruled by the Persians, Greeks, Romans, Byzantine Empire, Ottomans, British and the French, and has also enjoyed periods of independence from external rule.
What data are you going to provide confirming that something in the Egypt prophecy was not fulfilled, or are you planning to go with lack of data?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114900 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What data are you going to provide confirming that something in the Egypt prophecy was not fulfilled, or are you planning to go with lack of data?

Again, that is not our job. You are such a lazy, self centered arse. You are always practicing your cult inspired denialism.

BTW, what do you think causes AIDS?

Just baiting you to say something amusing AND stupid, rather than just blithely stupid.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#114901 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Now no one is going to copy your strategy, so relax.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#114902 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, that is not our job. You are such a lazy, self centered arse. You are always practicing your cult inspired denialism.
Just baiting you to say something amusing AND stupid, rather than just blithely stupid.
So does this argument surrounding biblical prophecy mean that KAB finally gave up on his "there is no evidence that there wasn't a global flood" theory?
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114903 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
How would Matthew know anything??
We don't even know the name of the person who wrote 'Matthew'?? He didn't know Jesus....never meet Him.
What data confirms that Matthew didn't write Matthew?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#114904 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is known by most Bible non-believers that this is a strong case for a Biblical error.

I can find no evidence to dispute the error in it. Can you find evidence it actually happened? So far in my archaeology studies I can't find any writings or evidence that Egypt was barren for 40 years
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114905 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you not here when we went over this before?
Of course I've been here every time. Were you hoping I'd accept dataless assertions? Were you not here when I stated directly to you my position on dataless assertions?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114906 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Biblical scholars. They will tell you why. Or you could Google search it:

http://lmgtfy.com/...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#114907 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Bart Ehrman, a respected New Testament scholar and religious teacher at UNC Chapel Hill, and writer of a number of books on the New Testament tells us that the writers are anonymous and that Princeton Theological Seminary actually teaches this fact. Many earlier scholars have also pointed out that the Gospels are likely anonymous.

I know you will come to your own conclusions and not look at the evidence....so be it....Just remember that the real truth is out there..:-)
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114908 May 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given virtually zero attention to knowing the cause of AIDS.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114909 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you prove he did, then you're just being gullible. Remember the book I'd write and sign "Bill Clinton?" You're saying people should just accept that he wrote it. Your stupid logic, your problem. Stop being gullible and you'll stop being a Jehoveh's Witness.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114910 May 7, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So does this argument surrounding biblical prophecy mean that KAB finally gave up on his "there is no evidence that there wasn't a global flood" theory?

I doubt it.

For all his double talking he is really not that bright.

He has a simple formula. Demand proof and provide nothing. Repeat as needed.

Even if we always win he can never lose.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114911 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Question corrected: What data confirms that Matthew did write Matthew?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114912 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I've been here every time. Were you hoping I'd accept dataless assertions? Were you not here when I stated directly to you my position on dataless assertions?

Here you are caught is a lie again.

Will you never learn?

Your assertion that I have not provided data is a dataless assertion.

Did you think you would seek this by this time? Why now when it has never worked before?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114913 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Bart Ehrman, a respected New Testament scholar and religious teacher at UNC Chapel Hill, and writer of a number of books on the New Testament tells us that the writers are anonymous and that Princeton Theological Seminary actually teaches this fact. Many earlier scholars have also pointed out that the Gospels are likely anonymous.
I know you will come to your own conclusions and not look at the evidence....so be it....Just remember that the real truth is out there..:-)

Actually Ehrman uses the term "pseudonymous".

But yea.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114914 May 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
It is known by most Bible non-believers that this is a strong case for a Biblical error.
I can find no evidence to dispute the error in it. Can you find evidence it actually happened? So far in my archaeology studies I can't find any writings or evidence that Egypt was barren for 40 years
YOUR error is in assuming an error in the Bible without confirming data. I don't assert that there is extra-Biblical data confirming Nebuchadnezzar's conquering of Egypt, and then not provide any. It's your side that asserts but doesn't provide confirming data.

Why don't you follow my lead in confirming that Canada never conquered America? Provide the confirming historical records accepted by all sides and demonstrating that Egypt's sovereignty does not have a 40 year gap.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114915 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've given virtually zero attention to knowing the cause of AIDS.

Never heard of HIV, eh?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114916 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR error is in assuming an error in the Bible without confirming data. I don't assert that there is extra-Biblical data confirming Nebuchadnezzar's conquering of Egypt, and then not provide any. It's your side that asserts but doesn't provide confirming data.
Why don't you follow my lead in confirming that Canada never conquered America? Provide the confirming historical records accepted by all sides and demonstrating that Egypt's sovereignty does not have a 40 year gap.

we have confirmed many errors in the bible at this point. The failed nebby prophecy is only the tip of the iceberg.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114917 May 7, 2013
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114918 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Biblical scholars. They will tell you why. Or you could Google search it:
http://lmgtfy.com/...
Thanks for the references regarding who wrote Matthew. One of those near the top of the list I quote here,

"Probably Matthew.
It is not known for certain who wrote the book of Matthew"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Denisova 159,669
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 33 min In Six Days 1,066
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 34 min Aura Mytha 178,505
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,458
Humans DID evolve from apes! (Oct '14) Fri Chimney1 68
Poll How Do You View The New Millerite Adventist Inv... Apr 13 Zog Has-fallen 1
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) Apr 13 Denisova 360
More from around the web