It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114863 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:

Is that a source document?

I checked the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and it does not list the presidents.

Surly George Washington would know who the presidents are. Perhaps you can show me where he refers to them in his collected writings.

http://etext.virginia.edu/washington/fitzpatr...

Why is that, do you think?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114864 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No reluctance. I've never stated that Nebuchadnezzar defeated all of Tyre.

So you disagree with the Bible.

Interesting.

Can I report this to your cult figureheads?

A 'Yes' to ANY of the following completely and totally falsifies the "prophecy"

Does the mainland city still exist?
Does the island city still exist?
Do we know where it was?
Did Nebby take the wealth of Tyre?

Here, try this.....:
http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/992t...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114865 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the prophecy allows that result.

This is a lie. Are you this desperate?(rhetorical question, obviously)

We have refuted this, blow by painful blow, over and over again.

Bottom line, one failure and the prophecy fails. You are grasping at straws to defend ANY of it.

Ezekiel even ADMITS his prophecy failed
Ezek. 29:18

18 “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made his army labor [a]hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare. But he and his army had no wages from Tyre for the labor that he had [b]performed against it.”
NASB

"BUT HE AND HIS ARMY HAD NOT WAGES FROM TYRE FOR THE LABOR THAT HE HAD PREFORMED AGAINST IT."

In other words Nebby got NOTHING!
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114866 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a source document?
I checked the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and it does not list the presidents.
Surly George Washington would know who the presidents are. Perhaps you can show me where he refers to them in his collected writings.
http://etext.virginia.edu/washington/fitzpatr...
Why is that, do you think?
Washingon's been dead for the terms of almost all the Presidents.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114867 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you disagree with the Bible.
Interesting.
Can I report this to your cult figureheads?
A 'Yes' to ANY of the following completely and totally falsifies the "prophecy"
Does the mainland city still exist?
Does the island city still exist?
Do we know where it was?
Did Nebby take the wealth of Tyre?
Here, try this.....:
Even the Bible states that Nebby didn't take the wealth of Tyre.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114868 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a lie. Are you this desperate?(rhetorical question, obviously)
We have refuted this, blow by painful blow, over and over again.
Bottom line, one failure and the prophecy fails. You are grasping at straws to defend ANY of it.
Ezekiel even ADMITS his prophecy failed
Ezek. 29:18
18 “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made his army labor [a]hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare. But he and his army had no wages from Tyre for the labor that he had [b]performed against it.”
NASB
"BUT HE AND HIS ARMY HAD NOT WAGES FROM TYRE FOR THE LABOR THAT HE HAD PREFORMED AGAINST IT."
In other words Nebby got NOTHING!
Thanks for the additional verse quote reinforcing the proper understanding of the prophecy (i.e., Nebuchadnezzar did not capture the island city, which is where the riches had been taken during the siege).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114869 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Washingon's been dead for the terms of almost all the Presidents.

Really? So, since I was only using an analogy of one of your arguments, what shall we say is wrong with your thinking?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114870 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Bible states that Nebby didn't take the wealth of Tyre.

Strange, because the prophecy says he would (Ezek 26:12).

I wonder why that is, do you think?

"And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and..."

But maybe if we put this through the psycho warp mindfuck of a cult mind it will actually mean just the opposite.

Remember: I think you are a deluded moron. Not doing much to help your case here.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114871 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the additional verse quote reinforcing the proper understanding of the prophecy (i.e., Nebuchadnezzar did not capture the island city, which is where the riches had been taken during the siege).

Thanks for reinforcing the refutation of the prophecy.

KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114872 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So, since I was only using an analogy of one of your arguments, what shall we say is wrong with your thinking?
If your assertion was true, all you had to do was quote me, but since it's not, you can't.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114873 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, because the prophecy says he would (Ezek 26:12).
I wonder why that is, do you think?
"And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and..."
But maybe if we put this through the psycho warp mindfuck of a cult mind it will actually mean just the opposite.
Remember: I think you are a deluded moron. Not doing much to help your case here.
Thanks for the quote stating "they" would spoil the riches. Don't forget the "many nations" factor. It was a group effort. As the Bible also states, Nebuchadnezzar didn't get the spoil.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114874 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the quote stating "they" would spoil the riches. Don't forget the "many nations" factor. It was a group effort. As the Bible also states, Nebuchadnezzar didn't get the spoil.
And as we have pointed out many times, Nebby was the head of many nations.

Since Tyre was attacked on a regular basis to claim that the prophecy extends for over 1,000 years it would fail on the basis that it is no longer a "prophesy" but a certainty. The only "many nations" that makes any logical sense is that of Nebby being the head of many nations.

You could claim "many nations" over a long period of time if Tyre had never been attacked before. That is definitely not the case.

Is "You will see a red car" a valid Biblical prophesy? Why am I not a prophet of Biblical magnitude?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Bay of Fundy

#114875 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Neeeby miss out on the Egyptian prophecy also??

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114876 May 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Neeeby miss out on the Egyptian prophecy also??
Of course.

I will let KAB explain how he might not have on his own.

I wouldn't want to put words into his mouth and I would probably break down laughing if I tried.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

#114877 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently FAIL to recognize the prophecy can't mean ANYTHING someone wants. It contains some very specific requirements which not everything which occurs include. At the same time, as written, it does allow for multiple possibilities. That's a harsh reality of language. Get use to disappointment as you are shown legitimate ways prophecies are fulfilled.
Funny how not a single verified prophecy that is too specific to weasel your way through has ever been proven.

In the case of Tyre, the only way to falsify it according to your criteria would be if Tyre had NEVER been invaded or overrun by anyone ever. Name a single city in the civilised world that has not been overrun in some war at least once - you know damned well that 99% of them have been. Even then, you could claim it just has not happened YET.

See? Its smoke and mirrors, no better than a Sunday paper astrology page. Some people swear by them, too.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#114878 May 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And as we have pointed out many times, Nebby was the head of many nations.
Since Tyre was attacked on a regular basis to claim that the prophecy extends for over 1,000 years it would fail on the basis that it is no longer a "prophesy" but a certainty. The only "many nations" that makes any logical sense is that of Nebby being the head of many nations.
You could claim "many nations" over a long period of time if Tyre had never been attacked before. That is definitely not the case.
Is "You will see a red car" a valid Biblical prophesy? Why am I not a prophet of Biblical magnitude?
Hey that was MY prophecy SZ. I should be the Prophet of Biblical Magnitude!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114879 May 7, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey that was MY prophecy SZ. I should be the Prophet of Biblical Magnitude!
You are right. So sorry.

Why is not Chimney1 a prophet of Biblical proportions?

He seems to be at least, if not more correct, than Zeke.

Level 6

Dubai, UAE

#114880 May 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. So sorry.
Why is not Chimney1 a prophet of Biblical proportions?
He seems to be at least, if not more correct, than Zeke.
Though it might be more accurate to say that the actual Zeke of Biblical Proportions would be nothing more than a writer of the Sunday paper Astrology page, if he lived today...

Hey another thought just occurred to me. Wonder if anyone has followed this line of reasoning up...since ancient Israel was such a prophecy driven society and presumably becoming a prophet would be the height of ambition for the typical Israelite, perhaps there were many, many prophet try-hards in the day. The ones that got something right were preserved and remembered, while the mass of failures would be forgotten. This selection bias would give a strong impression, in hindsight, of good biblical prophecy by those who happened to get something right! Not only that, but even those who got something right...would their mistakes also be preserved with such care?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114881 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If your assertion was true, all you had to do was quote me, but since it's not, you can't.

Don't you know what an analogy is?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogy&#8206 ;

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114882 May 7, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

We have already refuted this.

You have a short memory.

"So if Ezekiel was declaring that Nebuchadnezzar would be the instrument that Yahweh would use to destroy Tyre, why did he say that "many nations" would be sent against it? A reasonable explanation of the prophet's reference to "many-nations" can be found in the ethnic compositions of early empires. Empires like Babylonia formed from the conquest and annexation of surrounding tribes and nations, so when an area was assimilated into an adjoining kingdom, the soldiers of the conquered nations served the greater empire. The Assyrian empire, for example, crumbled when the combined forces of the Medes, Babylonians, and Scythians plundered Assur in 614 B. C. and Nineveh in 612. When Haran fell to these allied forces in 610 and then Carchemish in 605, most of the Assyrian territory was annexed by Babylon. In such cases, defeated armies swore allegiance to their conquerers, so the armies of a king like Nebuchadnezzar were actually armies of "many nations."

Trying to ride on the corpse of a dead horse will not get you anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 11 min Evolution a lie 173,711
New review critical of "Origins" 5 hr DanFromSmithville 17
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 7 hr Dogen 515
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 hr Dogen 116,639
Need clarification on evolution 7 hr DanFromSmithville 5
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Wed Kong_ 62
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever for ... Wed thewordofme 166
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••