It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162036 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Wilson, NC

#114847 May 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You like to play pretend. Pay no attention to the other sources that have been cited!
Jeremiah
cuneiform inscriptions (plural)- List his accomplishments but FAIL to list his conquering of Egypt (does list his early battle and victory over the Egyptian army)
Herodotus - Who FAILED to note Egypt had been Conquered.
Daniel
EGYPTIAN EVIDENCE
PERSIAN EVIDENCE
Further evidence.
http://www.sanityquestpublishing.com/essays/B...
What's Jeremiah's contribution to "Nebuchadnezzar didn't conquer Egypt"?
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#114848 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, with the limited info provided, there are multiple possibilities. I'm not going to provide analysis for every possible scenario. It's your challenge. You define what scenario you want considered. So, on this point shall I start with the founding of Canada?
I have yet to even craft a fanciful story of Canada's conquest of America. It is clear, thus far, that you cannot prove that Canada never conquered America. If you could, you'd have presented evidence, instead of just asking questions. Evidence comes in the form of declarative statements, not interrogatives. Whenever you come up with evidence that a conquest of America by Canada never happened, you just go ahead and share it with the class.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#114849 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Bellevue, Lynnwood, Renton, and Everett cities/towns or are they recognized sections of Seattle?
If I conquer Dorchester, have I conquered Boston?
KAB

Marathon, FL

#114850 May 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to even craft a fanciful story of Canada's conquest of America. It is clear, thus far, that you cannot prove that Canada never conquered America. If you could, you'd have presented evidence, instead of just asking questions. Evidence comes in the form of declarative statements, not interrogatives. Whenever you come up with evidence that a conquest of America by Canada never happened, you just go ahead and share it with the class.
George Washington became President of the United States in 1789, first of an unbroken string down to the present. Canada was founded in 1867. QED
KAB

Marathon, FL

#114851 May 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I conquer Dorchester, have I conquered Boston?
If Dorchester is a named section of Boston, then you have conquered a part of Boston.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114852 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Newark is not a recognized part of NY city.

EXACTLY.

Thank you for finally seeing reality.

So ends our discussion of the failed Tyre prophecy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114853 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just provide big picture names and their data.

Are you 10 second Tom?

Are you 10 second Tom?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114854 May 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoooosh!! Right over KAB's head.

Notice the more he gets beat the shorter his responses are, so as to try to commit himself less and less?

If we were beaten daily, day after day, post after post our behavior might start to approximate KABs.

In context his behavior makes more and more sense.

He can't quit, which would be failure.

He can't admit failure which would be failure.

He is stuck.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114855 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Jeremiah's contribution to "Nebuchadnezzar didn't conquer Egypt"?

The chronologies differ. Ezekiel assumes the standard 587 chronology but Jeremiah assumes a 607 chronology.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114856 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
George Washington became President of the United States in 1789, first of an unbroken string down to the present. Canada was founded in 1867. QED

LOL. You can't prove it was unbroken.

Does the bible say it was unbroken?
LowellGuy

United States

#114857 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says any given sitting president couldn't have been left in office as a way to placate the people of America? Just prove that this couldn't have happened.
LowellGuy

United States

#114858 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If Dorchester is a named section of Boston, then you have conquered a part of Boston.
But, you agree that I would not have conquered Boston. Thank you for your tacit, if reluctant, agreement. Why can't you just say what you mean? Be direct and honest sometime.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114859 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Is that what the prophecy states?

I did not know God did partial credit.

Maybe God didn't really create the heavens and earth but really just did a 100 piece jig-saw puzzle and thought that was close enough.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114860 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You can't prove it was unbroken.
Does the bible say it was unbroken?
http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/presidents/
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114861 May 6, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you agree that I would not have conquered Boston. Thank you for your tacit, if reluctant, agreement. Why can't you just say what you mean? Be direct and honest sometime.
No reluctance. I've never stated that Nebuchadnezzar defeated all of Tyre.
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114862 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what the prophecy states?
I did not know God did partial credit.
Maybe God didn't really create the heavens and earth but really just did a 100 piece jig-saw puzzle and thought that was close enough.
Yes, the prophecy allows that result.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114863 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:

Is that a source document?

I checked the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and it does not list the presidents.

Surly George Washington would know who the presidents are. Perhaps you can show me where he refers to them in his collected writings.

http://etext.virginia.edu/washington/fitzpatr...

Why is that, do you think?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114864 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No reluctance. I've never stated that Nebuchadnezzar defeated all of Tyre.

So you disagree with the Bible.

Interesting.

Can I report this to your cult figureheads?

A 'Yes' to ANY of the following completely and totally falsifies the "prophecy"

Does the mainland city still exist?
Does the island city still exist?
Do we know where it was?
Did Nebby take the wealth of Tyre?

Here, try this.....:
http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/992t...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114865 May 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the prophecy allows that result.

This is a lie. Are you this desperate?(rhetorical question, obviously)

We have refuted this, blow by painful blow, over and over again.

http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/992t...

Bottom line, one failure and the prophecy fails. You are grasping at straws to defend ANY of it.

Ezekiel even ADMITS his prophecy failed
Ezek. 29:18

18 “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon made his army labor [a]hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare. But he and his army had no wages from Tyre for the labor that he had [b]performed against it.”
NASB

"BUT HE AND HIS ARMY HAD NOT WAGES FROM TYRE FOR THE LABOR THAT HE HAD PREFORMED AGAINST IT."

In other words Nebby got NOTHING!
KAB

Des Moines, IA

#114866 May 6, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a source document?
I checked the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and it does not list the presidents.
Surly George Washington would know who the presidents are. Perhaps you can show me where he refers to them in his collected writings.
http://etext.virginia.edu/washington/fitzpatr...
Why is that, do you think?
Washingon's been dead for the terms of almost all the Presidents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 18 min IB DaMann 75,173
How can we prove God exists, or does not? (May '15) 2 hr Endofdays 517
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 3 hr Eagle 12 - 169
The Subduction Zone class on Evidence. (Jun '13) 3 hr Science 140
Is Creationism and Intelligent Design debunked ... 5 hr Science 265
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 5 hr Nemesis 32,051
Evidence that no god exists 6 hr Nemesis 7
More from around the web