It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114729 May 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Nebby and his father were alive at the same time. Imagine that.
We know when the battle listed occurred. It was when Nebby's Dad was king. Nebby was not the king at that time.
Reread the Berossus account. The key word is conquer, not battle.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114730 May 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it does since Zeke himself describes Tyre as an island.
Without quoting him to confirm, your assertion is worthless, and we can only conclude you are trying to get us to accept something which is incorrect.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114731 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Without quoting him to confirm, your assertion is worthless, and we can only conclude you are trying to get us to accept something which is incorrect.
No, that standard only applies to creatards that have been proven to be liars.

I have quoted the verses to you in the past. You are a lying creatard and you have that onus.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114732 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter.

Nebby was not the king at that time. His father was. This was the recorded battle against Necho II in about 605 BC, long before the prophesy. Your Bro even says so.

Give up, Zeke made a terribly flawed prophesy. If you cannot admit this small truth how do you ever expect to see the big picture.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114733 May 3, 2013
I must say that the Tyre and now Egypt prophecies of Zeke have inspired some truly Olympic quality straw grasping by our local creatards.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114734 May 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Berossus The Pagan? The astrologer? None of whose original writings survive?
That Berossus?
Josephus and Eusebius, so beloved of YECs, both cite him as an astrologer and fortune-teller.
And Berossus cites a single battle won. That's a long way from a "conquest".
The Berossus account states, and I quote, "conquered". It also doesn't use a "battle" word. It's clear that your side so dearly craves that it were otherwise, you will not allow yourselves even to admit what it literally states. Why not just simply acknowledge what it states and that you don't accept it?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114735 May 3, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're the one said it. What did you mean by it?
I meant that historical records prove that Canada did not conquer America.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114736 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Berossus account states, and I quote, "conquered". It also doesn't use a "battle" word. It's clear that your side so dearly craves that it were otherwise, you will not allow yourselves even to admit what it literally states. Why not just simply acknowledge what it states and that you don't accept it?
It also has a time stamp on it since it referred to Nebby's father as being alive. That puts it at 605 BC at the latest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabopolassar

The siege on Tyre lated 13 years from 585 to 573 BC, then he attacked Egypt again. Zeke prophesized Nebby would win the second attack, he didn't.

Another failed prophesy brought to you by KAB.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114737 May 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so, things can't happen simultaneously? Weird. I was under the impression that different things could happen simultaneously. Maybe you have a different reality than I do. Can you please demonstrate how it's impossible for Canada to have ever conquered America? Your dataless assertion certainly doesn't do that.
Can mutually exclusive things can't happen simultaneously?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114738 May 3, 2013
From your source KAB, read how Nebby's father sends Nebby against Egypt, that means this was 605 BC or earlier:

"Berossus [...] at length comes down to Nabopolassar, who was king of Babylon and the Chaldaeans. And when he was relating the acts of this king, he describes to us how he sent his son Nebuchadnezzar against Egypt, and against our land [Judah], with a great army, upon his being informed that they had revolted from him; and how, by that means, he subdued them all, and set our temple that was at Jerusalem on fire; nay, and removed our people entirely out of their own country, and transferred them to Babylon [1]; when it so happened that our city was desolate during the interval of seventy years, until the days of Cyrus king of Persia."

http://www.livius.org/be-bm/berossus/berossus...

There it is. As I said the article has a time stamp that tells you this was the attack on Necho II. The recorded victory of Nebby over Egypt, a mere battle in the field. Not a war against the country. That came much later and Nebby lost.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114739 May 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This would be a lie.
Berossus was not present at the events he narrates.
He provides no details.
His account conflicts with all other historic records.
That is not data, that is more of a historic assertion.
Were the other documenters you have in mind present for the relevant events they narrate?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114740 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

The failed word is conquer.

But in context he did conquer the Egyptian army army.

He just did not conquer Egypt.

And he did not win his battle in Egypt.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114741 May 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
A failure by your own reference. Nabopolassar died in 605 b.c.
Furthermore,
"605 BC: Nebuchadnezzar II leads the Babylonians to conquer Carchemish and defeat the Egyptian army"
http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/egyptian.htm...
"In the summer of 605 BC, the Battle of Carchemish was fought there by the Babylonian army of Nebuchadnezzar II and that of Pharaoh Necho II of Egypt and the remnants of the Assyrian army.(Jer. 46:2). The aim of Necho's campaign was to contain the Westward advance of the Babylonian Empire and cut off its trade route across the Euphrates. However, the Egyptians were defeated by the unexpected attack of the Babylonians and were eventually expelled from Syria."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carchemish
"1. In the twenty-first year [605/604;note 1] the king of Akkad[Nabopolassar] stayed in his own land, Nebuchadnezzar his eldest son, the crown-prince,
2. mustered the Babylonian army and took command of his troops; he marched to Karchemiš which is on the bank of the Euphrates,
3. and crossed the river to go against the Egyptian army which lay in Karchemiš.
4. They fought with each other and the Egyptian army withdrew before him.
5. He accomplished their defeat and beat them to non-existence. As for the rest of the Egyptian army
6. which had escaped from the defeat so quickly that no weapon had reached them, in the district of Hamath
7. the Babylonian troops overtook and defeated them so that not a single man escaped to his own country.
8. At that time Nebuchadnezzar conquered the whole area of Hamath.
9. For twenty-one years Nabopolassar had been king of Babylon,
10. when on 8 Abu[15 August 605] he went to his destiny; in the month of Ululu Nebuchadnezzar returned to Babylon
11. and on 1 Ululu [7 September] he sat on the royal throne in Babylon."
http://www.livius.org/cg-cm/chronicles/abc5/j...
Assyrian and Babylonian Chronicles (1975) and Jean-Jacques Glassner, Mesopotamian Chronicles (Atlanta, 2004).
NOTE THE TIME STAMP. YOU LOSE.
Nebby fought against the Egyptian army, but did not defeat them in Egypt nor did he go into Egypt!
If the account you relate continued it could have gotten to the time when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Egypt as Berossus states.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114742 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Sorry, but you are wrong as always.

==========

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm relieved that the prophecy doesn't state that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre.

Whereas Tyre was THE island and whereas it is described as an island it would be redundant of the prophecy to thus describe it.

Ezekiel 26:5 - Out in the sea...

Ezekiel 26:6 - and her settlements on the mainland

Ezekiel 26:8 - He will ravage your settlements on the mainland

Ezekiel 26:17 -“‘How you are destroyed, city of renown,
peopled by men of the sea!

Not a reference to the minor villages on the shore, to be certain.

==========

It goes on to say :he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls", of course these refer to the city on the island, not the mainland which was simply a string of villages.

Ezekiel 26:10 ...when he enters your gates as men enter a city whose walls have been broken through.

Never happened. The city gates were around the city..... on the island.

Ezekiel 26:12 They will plunder your wealth and loot your merchandise; they will break down your walls and demolish your fine houses and throw your stones, timber and rubble into the sea.

The wealth of Tyre was behind the walls. The political an religious leaders were behind the walls. And since none of this, as outlined above, actually occurred.....

Ezekiel 26:14 -....You will never be rebuilt, for I the Lord have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord.

In flagrante delicto it was not tore down (at that time) and WAS rebuilt.

Grand imperial prophetic failure.

Nearly a bad as the JW failures.

Ezekiel 26:19 - when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you,

Also never happened.

And the Coup de grâce:

Ezekiel 26:21 You will be sought, but you will never again be found"

Epic and complete failure.

The question you are too cowardly to answer is that if a prophecy is partially wrong, then isn't it ALL wrong?

Keep running. Keep distracting. I will keep reminding.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114743 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant that historical records prove that Canada did not conquer America.

So you have examined all of them....?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114744 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Can mutually exclusive things can't happen simultaneously?

No.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114745 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the other documenters you have in mind present for the relevant events they narrate?

Have you forgotten them already?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114746 May 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If the account you relate continued it could have gotten to the time when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Egypt as Berossus states.

Finding things in the bible that did not happen is interesting. But not so much as having one suggest that there would have been more errors there if it had gone on.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114747 May 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The failed word is conquer.
But in context he did conquer the Egyptian army army.
He just did not conquer Egypt.
And he did not win his battle in Egypt.
And again, this is not the battle, war, call it what you will that Zeke prophesized. Bro's account mentions that Nebby's daddy sent him to attack Egypt. Nebby's daddy dies in 605 AD roughly 20 eyars before the start of the Tyre attack and therefore at least 20 years before the prophesy.

As I said, another fail by KAB.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114748 May 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this a relevant question or simply a distraction from the fact that 'Canada' is a name that has long been in use?
I say distraction.
Is that what you want considered, the region that someone called Canada and beginning with with the time when they first did that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 12 min truthdotcom 141,868
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 5 hr General Robert E Lee 784
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr The Dude 14,504
Science News (Sep '13) 15 hr Ricky F 2,961
Darwin on the rocks 16 hr The Dude 827
The conditions necessary for homo sapiens to sp... Sun NoahLovesU 5
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Sun -TheExam- 13,957
More from around the web