It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
112,621 - 112,640 of 134,104 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
Where are the data supporting your claim that Nebby conquered Egypt?
Probably his Berossus link, which does not say what KAB hopes it might say. He knows that it does not describe Nebby winning a war with Egypt. In fact he knows that Nebby never won a war against Egypt. He thinks the link is vague enough that it MIGHT be a victory of Nebby over Egypt in the time of Zeke's prophecy.

It isn't.

It has a time stamp that he missed. Let's see if he can figure it out with the clue I gave him.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably his Berossus link, which does not say what KAB hopes it might say. He knows that it does not describe Nebby winning a war with Egypt. In fact he knows that Nebby never won a war against Egypt. He thinks the link is vague enough that it MIGHT be a victory of Nebby over Egypt in the time of Zeke's prophecy.
It isn't.
It has a time stamp that he missed. Let's see if he can figure it out with the clue I gave him.
I know.

It's a favourite fundie tactic: "Absent facts, vague it up".
LowellGuy

Union City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request.
You only have evidence of things that DID happen. There is no evidence that Canada's conquest of America never happened. The events that we accept having happened in no way preclude Canada conquering America. Just prove that it never happened. Show us the evidence.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if we can fix that with data. Do you accept that Canada was founded in 1867?

Hold on there bucko.

"Canada" has been used as the name of the northern region of north America since the 1500's. I can accept that Canada has been an independent country by that name since 1867. Will that help or do you need data to ignore?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a believable story confirmed by data to explain Berossus' statement that Nebby CONQUERED (has limited meaning which does not include winning a battle and losing the war) Egypt, you're entitled to your opinion and misunderstanding of Berossus' statement.

Sorry, the battle prior to Tyre is the only documented historical event that the statement can refer to. Of course, without access to the original source document from which the word 'conquered' was translated we can not be certain of anything.

Do you want to consider a translation of a lost original document from a pagan priest to be confirmed reliable?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way it use to be with Sargon. So you would have been among those who didn't accept the Bible's "useless" info to your detriment. The course of wisdom is to accept a demonstrated reliable source.

But if one took an example of where the bible was confirmed to be wrong (Ezekiel's prophecy, Pi, flood, garden of Eden.......) for example) then accepting the Bible's info would be to ones detriment, and not the other way around.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Berossus was not coining a new word. "Conquer" has a meaning, and even you know it, or you wouldn't have attempted to discount it. Also, how do you know "the lineage of Egyptian "kings" continued without interruption"? Is it simply because somebody made a list?
Regarding Tyre, what took place on the mainland,... you know, walls, towers? What does the history state?

So you are admitting that a good chunk of the prophecy failed?

That is fine, but if a portion of a prophecy fails the whole thing fails. There is no partial credit for a prophet.

I have listed the elements of the prophecy that failed (i.e. the majority of it), unless you can dispute ALL of those points you have failed in your defense.

Frankly it is not your fault. It is not defensible.

Good game and all, but still game over.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request.

Ultimately his assertion that Canada conquered America is as weak as that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre. The temporary destruction of the mainland villages not withstanding.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
Where are the data supporting your claim that Nebby conquered Egypt?
In the Berossus record, not to be confused with the dataless footnote commentary accompanying it.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have evidence of things that DID happen. There is no evidence that Canada's conquest of America never happened. The events that we accept having happened in no way preclude Canada conquering America. Just prove that it never happened. Show us the evidence.
The things that the evidence shows did happen leave no timeslot for Canada conquering America.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Actually that is what you said.
"The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request."
Your words.
Now that you're on a quoting roll, what was the evidence and proof requested?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Berossus record, not to be confused with the dataless footnote commentary accompanying it.
There is a date stamp by Berossus that tells us this was not the attack that Zeke prophesized.

Terribly KABby fail.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read it more carefully it is.
Here is a clue, whose dad was king at the time of Nebby's victory?
Here are the relevant statements from the reference,

"Berossus [...] at length comes down to Nabopolassar, who was king of Babylon and the Chaldaeans. And when he was relating the acts of this king, he describes to us how he sent his son Nebuchadnezzar against Egypt"

"Berossus then says,'that this Babylonian king conquered Egypt'."

There is no requirement in the above passages that there is time overlap between the events of the two. Nebby outlived his father, and the passages allow that he conquered Egypt then.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on there bucko.
"Canada" has been used as the name of the northern region of north America since the 1500's. I can accept that Canada has been an independent country by that name since 1867. Will that help or do you need data to ignore?
Is calling something a name the same as founding it?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, the battle prior to Tyre is the only documented historical event that the statement can refer to. Of course, without access to the original source document from which the word 'conquered' was translated we can not be certain of anything.
Do you want to consider a translation of a lost original document from a pagan priest to be confirmed reliable?
No
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultimately his assertion that Canada conquered America is as weak as that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre. The temporary destruction of the mainland villages not withstanding.
I'm relieved that the prophecy doesn't state that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a date stamp by Berossus that tells us this was not the attack that Zeke prophesized.
Terribly KABby fail.
There is no Berossus date stamp on Nebby conquering Egypt. I have provided the confirming data.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the relevant statements from the reference,
"Berossus [...] at length comes down to Nabopolassar, who was king of Babylon and the Chaldaeans. And when he was relating the acts of this king, he describes to us how he sent his son Nebuchadnezzar against Egypt"
"Berossus then says,'that this Babylonian king conquered Egypt'."
There is no requirement in the above passages that there is time overlap between the events of the two. Nebby outlived his father, and the passages allow that he conquered Egypt then.
Yes, Nebby and his father were alive at the same time. Imagine that.

We know when the battle listed occurred. It was when Nebby's Dad was king. Nebby was not the king at that time.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm relieved that the prophecy doesn't state that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre.
Actually it does since Zeke himself describes Tyre as an island.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Berossus The Pagan? The astrologer? None of whose original writings survive?

That Berossus?

Josephus and Eusebius, so beloved of YECs, both cite him as an astrologer and fortune-teller.

And Berossus cites a single battle won. That's a long way from a "conquest".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••