It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#114689 May 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes, that is good data for me:
It contains no details.
Does not define what is meant by "conquer". We do know he won a battle on Egyptian soil, but that does not mean he took possession of the country. Certainly the lineage of Egyptian "kings" continued without interruption.
Further, from multiple sources we know the walled city of Tyre never fell to nebby. They did agree to pay tribute and may have taken one of Nebbys people as an "adviser", but his army never entered the walled city, never destroyed towers, plundered,.........
Why are you afraid of letting history speak for itself and feel you need to use your own words to puff it up.
Berossus was not coining a new word. "Conquer" has a meaning, and even you know it, or you wouldn't have attempted to discount it. Also, how do you know "the lineage of Egyptian "kings" continued without interruption"? Is it simply because somebody made a list?

Regarding Tyre, what took place on the mainland,... you know, walls, towers? What does the history state?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#114690 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you even more carefully read my Berossus link you will see that the statement that Nebby conquered Egypt is not timestamped. Linguistically/grammatically there is no specific time to which it is required to apply. That same careful reading will also reveal that Berossus never uses "battle".
What, that's a lie that hasn't happened yet?

Keep twisting like that, you're gonna dislocate something.
KAB

United States

#114691 May 2, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I might accept all the events as the historical record describes them, that doesn't mean that an event couldn't have been somehow left out. Just prove it never happened. I don't need to go over every event I accept. I just need you to show us evidence that Canada never conquered America. Can you prove it or not? Thus far, no evidence.
The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114692 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request.
Wait, now you're claiming that Canada did conquer the US?

Sheesh.
KAB

United States

#114693 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>What, that's a lie that hasn't happened yet?
Keep twisting like that, you're gonna dislocate something.
Are you hoping uncommitted onlookers will adopt the sentiments of your dataless comments rather than the data itself?
KAB

United States

#114694 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, now you're claiming that Canada did conquer the US?
Sheesh.
That's not what I stated, is it?
Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion (i.e., your step-by-step analysis of the data).

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114695 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you hoping uncommitted onlookers will adopt the sentiments of your dataless comments rather than the data itself?
*sigh*

Where are the data supporting your claim that Nebby conquered Egypt?

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114696 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I stated, is it?
Please explain how you arrived at that conclusion (i.e., your step-by-step analysis of the data).
Actually that is what you said.

"The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request."

Your words.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114697 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you even more carefully read my Berossus link you will see that the statement that Nebby conquered Egypt is not timestamped. Linguistically/grammatically there is no specific time to which it is required to apply. That same careful reading will also reveal that Berossus never uses "battle".
If you read it more carefully it is.

Here is a clue, whose dad was king at the time of Nebby's victory?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114698 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
Probably his Berossus link, which does not say what KAB hopes it might say. He knows that it does not describe Nebby winning a war with Egypt. In fact he knows that Nebby never won a war against Egypt. He thinks the link is vague enough that it MIGHT be a victory of Nebby over Egypt in the time of Zeke's prophecy.

It isn't.

It has a time stamp that he missed. Let's see if he can figure it out with the clue I gave him.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114699 May 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably his Berossus link, which does not say what KAB hopes it might say. He knows that it does not describe Nebby winning a war with Egypt. In fact he knows that Nebby never won a war against Egypt. He thinks the link is vague enough that it MIGHT be a victory of Nebby over Egypt in the time of Zeke's prophecy.
It isn't.
It has a time stamp that he missed. Let's see if he can figure it out with the clue I gave him.
I know.

It's a favourite fundie tactic: "Absent facts, vague it up".
LowellGuy

Leonardo, NJ

#114700 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have evidence of things that DID happen. There is no evidence that Canada's conquest of America never happened. The events that we accept having happened in no way preclude Canada conquering America. Just prove that it never happened. Show us the evidence.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114701 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if we can fix that with data. Do you accept that Canada was founded in 1867?

Hold on there bucko.

"Canada" has been used as the name of the northern region of north America since the 1500's. I can accept that Canada has been an independent country by that name since 1867. Will that help or do you need data to ignore?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114702 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a believable story confirmed by data to explain Berossus' statement that Nebby CONQUERED (has limited meaning which does not include winning a battle and losing the war) Egypt, you're entitled to your opinion and misunderstanding of Berossus' statement.

Sorry, the battle prior to Tyre is the only documented historical event that the statement can refer to. Of course, without access to the original source document from which the word 'conquered' was translated we can not be certain of anything.

Do you want to consider a translation of a lost original document from a pagan priest to be confirmed reliable?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114703 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way it use to be with Sargon. So you would have been among those who didn't accept the Bible's "useless" info to your detriment. The course of wisdom is to accept a demonstrated reliable source.

But if one took an example of where the bible was confirmed to be wrong (Ezekiel's prophecy, Pi, flood, garden of Eden.......) for example) then accepting the Bible's info would be to ones detriment, and not the other way around.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114704 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Berossus was not coining a new word. "Conquer" has a meaning, and even you know it, or you wouldn't have attempted to discount it. Also, how do you know "the lineage of Egyptian "kings" continued without interruption"? Is it simply because somebody made a list?
Regarding Tyre, what took place on the mainland,... you know, walls, towers? What does the history state?

So you are admitting that a good chunk of the prophecy failed?

That is fine, but if a portion of a prophecy fails the whole thing fails. There is no partial credit for a prophet.

I have listed the elements of the prophecy that failed (i.e. the majority of it), unless you can dispute ALL of those points you have failed in your defense.

Frankly it is not your fault. It is not defensible.

Good game and all, but still game over.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114705 May 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Ultimately his assertion that Canada conquered America is as weak as that Nebby conquered the island of Tyre. The temporary destruction of the mainland villages not withstanding.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114706 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
In the Berossus record, not to be confused with the dataless footnote commentary accompanying it.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114707 May 2, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You only have evidence of things that DID happen. There is no evidence that Canada's conquest of America never happened. The events that we accept having happened in no way preclude Canada conquering America. Just prove that it never happened. Show us the evidence.
The things that the evidence shows did happen leave no timeslot for Canada conquering America.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114708 May 2, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Actually that is what you said.
"The events you "accept" but understandably don't want to review, now that you see where this is going to lead, are the evidence and proof you request."
Your words.
Now that you're on a quoting roll, what was the evidence and proof requested?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 min Dogen 142,249
Stephen King: Universe 'Suggests Intelligent De... (May '13) 24 min UNH BERTHA 454
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Brian_G 14,590
Why natural selection can't work 40 min Dogen 24
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 7 hr ChromiuMan 941
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 9 hr ChristineM 795
Darwin on the rocks Tue The Dude 832
More from around the web