It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151011 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114625 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree then that, based on historical records, Canada never conquered America?

Do you agree then that, based on historical records, the flood never happened?

The "historical records" knife doth cut bidirectionally.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114626 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all historical records accurate?

In as much as the Bible purports to be a historical records the answer is no.

KAB

United States

#114627 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you suppose we will provide a historical record to you than what we have already shown?
History records that the
http://www.middleeast.com/tyre.htm
http://www.publicbookshelf.com/public_html/Th...
http://www.livius.org/tt-tz/tyre/tyre_history...
The subject is Nebby's defeat of Egypt.
KAB

United States

#114628 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are proven reliable.
Unlike yourself we have always accepted historical records to the extent they exist and are reliable.
Revisionist history is your bag.
Would you have accepted the Bible's record of Sargon as correct when it was the only such available?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114629 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree then that, based on historical records, Canada never conquered America?

Can we count South Park movies?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114630 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Sauron. Sargon was killed by Superman when he returned from Krypton's solar system.

Sargon was never killed. He and Thalassa departed into oblivion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Tomorr...
KAB

United States

#114631 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He pops in now and again. I am don't remember the last time I saw him in this forum, however.
As I stated, I hope you'll follow his lead, or change to a data-intensive and reliably correct contributor.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114632 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject is Nebby's defeat of Egypt.
Yes, and you failed to show that it happened. In other words, you showed that the prophesy failed by your failure.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114633 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated, I hope you'll follow his lead, or change to a data-intensive and reliably correct contributor.

How can I change to what I am?

Are you projecting again?

I think you are getting bitter.
KAB

United States

#114634 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I cannot give a record of what did not happen. You wil make the foolish claim that since there is no record of him defeating Egypt he could have defeated Egypt. This is the purest of nonsense. If he had defeated Egypt he would have kept records of it. He didn't. Egypt would have records of it, they don't. Neighboring countries would have records of it. They don't. We know that Nebby attacked Egypt after he went after Tyre. We also know that attack did not pan out.
Now he did defeat the Egyptian army in the field in around 605 BC but that was long before Zeke's prophecy. That confuses some people. This article has a time line of Nebby. Once again he did not defeat Egypt:
http://www.sanityquestpublishing.com/essays/B...
And remember the rules of debate say that if someone wants to make a positive claim it is up to him to provide evidence for that claim. Or as the great Hitch said, and I am paraphrasing here: "Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence". Your claim that the prophecy was fulfilled is dismissed.
Is this what you've been eagerly awaiting?

http://www.livius.org/be-bm/berossus/berossus...
KAB

United States

#114635 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Another detour into Stupid brought to you by KAB.
I didn't raise the specter of Canada conquering America. I agree it was stupid.
KAB

United States

#114636 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you agree then that, based on historical records, the flood never happened?
The "historical records" knife doth cut bidirectionally.
Historical records all over the world document the flood, not the least of these is the Bible.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114637 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what you've been eagerly awaiting?
http://www.livius.org/be-bm/berossus/berossus...
Nope, check your dates. Nebby's one victory over Egypt was in around 605 BCE, before the prophesy. It was a battle in the field.

Remember with BCE dates the higher number was longer ago, or earlier. The war with Tyre started around 586 BCE. After the victory in the field. Much later. Zeke predicted that Nebby would defeat Egypt too. He never did.

In other words, wrong, try again.

P.S. You should read all of your articles, even that one at the bottom noted that Nebby never defeated the country of Egypt. There is a big difference between defeating an army of a country in the field of battle and defeating a whole country.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114638 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical records all over the world document the flood, not the least of these is the Bible.
No, they don't.

There are flood myths with almost every ancient society that is along some sort of major water way. They tend to be missing from ancient societies that were did not have such an advantage. Of course most ancient societies were along some sort of major water way so most ancient society had flood myths. Myths are not "historical records".

In fact there is not one historical record of the flood.
KAB

United States

#114639 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, check your dates. Nebby's one victory over Egypt was in around 605 BCE, before the prophesy. It was a battle in the field.
Remember with BCE dates the higher number was longer ago, or earlier. The war with Tyre started around 586 BCE. After the victory in the field. Much later. Zeke predicted that Nebby would defeat Egypt too. He never did.
In other words, wrong, try again.
P.S. You should read all of your articles, even that one at the bottom noted that Nebby never defeated the country of Egypt. There is a big difference between defeating an army of a country in the field of battle and defeating a whole country.
Why do you accept dataless notes (i.e., someone's opinion?) rather than the record itself?
KAB

United States

#114640 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't.
There are flood myths with almost every ancient society that is along some sort of major water way. They tend to be missing from ancient societies that were did not have such an advantage. Of course most ancient societies were along some sort of major water way so most ancient society had flood myths. Myths are not "historical records".
In fact there is not one historical record of the flood.
You're entitled to your opinion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114641 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't raise the specter of Canada conquering America. I agree it was stupid.

You are confused.

Canada conquering American is satire or sarcasm.

Your beliefs are stupid (i.e. not based upon the objective data).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114642 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

This is false.

There are flood mythologies from all over the world.

They are from different peoples at different times.

There is no account of a global flood by civilizations that were present one year before, during the year of the flood and still present one year later.

Where is the flood account from Egypt who had a thriving empire at that time (before, after and during)?

So, at best you are in error. More likely you are simply lying again which is a compulsion of yours. Like an addict you lie even when you have no reason to do so.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114643 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you accept dataless notes (i.e., someone's opinion?) rather than the record itself?

The dates are based on history. They are based on the record.

the record itself gives no dates. It is date-a-less source.

Your suggesting otherwise is a lie.

You just can't stop.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114644 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.

His opinion is based on history.

Your opinion is based on mythology.

Actually on a misunderstanding of the nature of the mythology, but that is an egg to crack another day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 15 min Brian_G 31,381
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 24 min Agents of Corruption 197,535
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 35 min emperorjohn 13,332
Rome Viharo debunks evolution 8 hr Paul Porter1 2
Evolution in action May 27 MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
Another "gap" gets closed May 24 MIDutch 1
More from around the web