It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 142518 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114584 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one legitimate possible way to look at it. Why would you want to insist on that view since it doesn't fulfill the prophecy? Oh, I guess that's it, isn't it?
If there wasn't a legitimate possibility which fulfilled the prophecy, then you'd have something to be excited about.

Sorry. You lost in grand style.

The prophecy failed on a multitude of counts.

Your "defense" is as childish as it is moronic.

==========

1. The "Prophecy" was made AFTER the city was seized by Nebby.

2. Lest go verse by verse

26:1 - When the prophecy was given. Note that it is AFTER the actual attack by Nebbys troops.

26:2 - Why

27:3 - God is ticked

27:4 - Failed. Never happened.

27:5 - Failed. Island still exists.

27:6 - Check ..... actually happened.

26:7 Check.... actually happened.

26:8 Check

26:9 Failed. He never destroyed the walls to the city nor the towers of the city. The little village towns were sacked, but these have been described as "suburbs". These were lower class workers. They provided food and supplies to the gentry that lived in the city.

26:10 Failed. Nebby failed to enter the city abet not without trying. Tyre agreed to pay tribute and probably only did that because their supplies were cut off.

26:11 Probably failed. This again seems to be referring to the City, not the surrounding village.

26:12 Epic Fail. The wealth, the walls, the fine houses were all on in the island city where Nebby never entered.

26:13 Cannot be determined. Maybe they had to pay the harps as part of the tribute. Most likely another failure.

26:14 Grand Imperial Pooh Bah of failures.

26:15 - 26:18 Also seems clear enough who is being talked about,... again; "men of the sea"

26:19 Complete, utter and total failure. Tyre is still above water. In fact it is larger now than in Phonetician times.

26:20 Failed.

26:21 Epic failure. We know where it is and it is still inhabited.

I hope this clears things up.

If one part fails then the whole prophecy fails,.... right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114585 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Only until you acknowledge there are multiple valid possible ways to understand the prophecy, and that as long as one fulfills it, that's all that's needed.

No.

26:1 - When the prophecy was given. Note that it is AFTER the actual attack by Nebbys troops.

26:9 Failed. He never destroyed the walls to the city nor the towers of the city. The little village towns were sacked, but these have been described as "suburbs". These were lower class workers. They provided food and supplies to the gentry that lived in the city.

26:10 Failed. Nebby failed to enter the city abet not without trying. Tyre agreed to pay tribute and probably only did that because their supplies were cut off.

26:11 Probably failed. This again seems to be referring to the City, not the surrounding village.

26:12 Epic Fail. The wealth, the walls, the fine houses were all on in the island city where Nebby never entered.

26:13 Cannot be determined. Maybe they had to pay the harps as part of the tribute. Most likely another failure.

26:15 - 26:18 Also seems clear enough who is being talked about,... again; "men of the sea"

26:19 Complete, utter and total failure. Tyre is still above water. In fact it is larger now than in Phonetician times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114586 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Only until you acknowledge there are multiple valid possible ways to understand the prophecy, and that as long as one fulfills it, that's all that's needed.

Only until you acknowledge there are multiple valid possible ways to understand the bible, and that as long as one sounds reasonable it, that's all that's needed.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114587 Apr 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
But the data.....
The data says he IS this idiotic.
"Never argue with the data." - Sheen Estevez - Jimmy Neutron
Remember, you are dealing with a religious cult inductee. Brains and self esteem are not their strong suit.
You got me, I can't argue with that.

Perhaps I should have asked how he could be so idiotic and still manage to breathe. Or why he has not drowned in his own drool.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114588 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I am insisting on reasonable ways of interpreting the evidence.
You are the one doing all sorts of gymnastics arguing for a failed prophesy. And it is only one of many. For example Zeke also predicted that Nebby would defeat Egypt. No creatard has even commented on that one.
You should know by now that all you have to do is provide data confirming Nebby didn't defeat Egypt.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114589 Apr 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much of a prophecy ... if you have to alter the meaning of what's written to make it happen.
You won't be providing confirming detail of the alteration any time soon, will you?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114590 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know by now that all you have to do is provide data confirming Nebby didn't defeat Egypt.
Nope, it is the other way around. The person making the positive claim always has to back up their claim.

You know it is simply another failed prophesy. Don't worry, there are quite a few of them in the Bible. It is largely a work of fiction after all.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114591 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

History.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114592 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't be providing confirming detail of the alteration any time soon, will you?

You mean provide it AGAIN?

You have never provided data refuting my assertion that the universe is made up entirely of invisible purple ping-pong balls.

And you won't be providing confirming detail any time soon, will you?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114593 Apr 29, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny that, having failed as badly as you have, that you continue with this subject.
Here is the refutation that you have not been able to answer (as per typical).
I'm quite encouraged that you seem to be following in the footsteps of Tangled.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114594 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it is the other way around. The person making the positive claim always has to back up their claim.
You know it is simply another failed prophesy. Don't worry, there are quite a few of them in the Bible. It is largely a work of fiction after all.
The prophecy is no more failed than the Bible's record of Sargon was failed before confirming evidence was found. You are following in the steps of those unbelievers, and the expectation is the same. I'll stick with the proven winner (i.e., not a single confirmed loss, and numerous confirmed wins!).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#114595 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Nebuchadnezzar II was king of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, who reigned c. 605 BC 562 BC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebuchadnezzar_I...

Dynasty 26th pharaohs in Egypt (664 BC - 525 BC)

Psamtik I (664 - 610 BC)
Necho II (610 595 BC)
Psamtik II (595 - 589 BC)
Apries (589 - 570 BC)
Amasis II (570 - 526 BC)
Psamtik III (526 - 525 BC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-sixth_dyn...

*** Note no point of rule by Nebby.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114596 Apr 29, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nebuchadnezzar II was king of the Neo-Babylonian Empire, who reigned c. 605 BC 562 BC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebuchadnezzar_I...
Dynasty 26th pharaohs in Egypt (664 BC - 525 BC)
Psamtik I (664 - 610 BC)
Necho II (610 595 BC)
Psamtik II (595 - 589 BC)
Apries (589 - 570 BC)
Amasis II (570 - 526 BC)
Psamtik III (526 - 525 BC)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-sixth_dyn...
*** Note no point of rule by Nebby.
How many non-Egyptian rulers are listed as ruling Egypt?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114597 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophecy is no more failed than the Bible's record of Sargon was failed before confirming evidence was found. You are following in the steps of those unbelievers, and the expectation is the same. I'll stick with the proven winner (i.e., not a single confirmed loss, and numerous confirmed wins!).
We do have a historical record in this case.

Nebby failed.

Failed prophecy.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Zhengzhou, China

#114598 Apr 29, 2013
Sorry, Macumazahn, I forgot where I read about God spreading the Leviathan's skin over the city of Jerusalem.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#114599 Apr 29, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sargon? Didn't Frodo kill that guy off when he threw his ring into Mount Doom?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114600 Apr 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Sargon? Didn't Frodo kill that guy off when he threw his ring into Mount Doom?
That was Sauron. Sargon was killed by Superman when he returned from Krypton's solar system.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114601 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion isn't the determining factor. The range of linguistic, grammatical, and contextual possibilities is.
Right. As long as you can stretch the language to make these prophecies work, without outright making shit up (which isn't out of bounds, either), then everything is totally cool. Then again, if you're going to be rigid with definitions and contexts in some places and not in others, that isn't terribly honest. But, hey...your cult, your cult's rules, right?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114602 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many non-Egyptian rulers are listed as ruling Egypt?
Riiiiiiiight...it's all a xenophobic conspiracy.

Prove Canada never conquered America.

Jackass.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114603 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite encouraged that you seem to be following in the footsteps of Tangled.

Yes, I am certain that you like having your failures pointed out to you on a daily basis.

How goes the recruiting of the ignorant masses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Suggests That A Quantum Creation Force ... (Jun '14) 11 min Paul Porter1 23
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min ChristineM 171,638
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 34 min Thinking 20,533
evolution is correct. prove me wrong 2 hr Paul Porter1 4
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 2 hr Paul Porter1 255
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 3 hr Paul Porter1 12
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? 18 hr Paul Porter1 30
More from around the web