It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150962 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114601 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion isn't the determining factor. The range of linguistic, grammatical, and contextual possibilities is.
Right. As long as you can stretch the language to make these prophecies work, without outright making shit up (which isn't out of bounds, either), then everything is totally cool. Then again, if you're going to be rigid with definitions and contexts in some places and not in others, that isn't terribly honest. But, hey...your cult, your cult's rules, right?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114602 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many non-Egyptian rulers are listed as ruling Egypt?
Riiiiiiiight...it's all a xenophobic conspiracy.

Prove Canada never conquered America.

Jackass.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114603 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm quite encouraged that you seem to be following in the footsteps of Tangled.

Yes, I am certain that you like having your failures pointed out to you on a daily basis.

How goes the recruiting of the ignorant masses?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114604 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophecy is no more failed than the Bible's record of Sargon was failed before confirming evidence was found. You are following in the steps of those unbelievers, and the expectation is the same. I'll stick with the proven winner (i.e., not a single confirmed loss, and numerous confirmed wins!).

Is what way are the two comparable at all?

The problem here is the OPPOSITE of Sargon. There we had a lack of evidence. Here we have a LOT of evidence that demonstrates that the "prophecy" (falsely so called) never happened.

1. The "Prophecy" was made AFTER the city was seized by Nebby.

2. Lest go verse by verse

26:1 - When the prophecy was given. Note that it is AFTER the actual attack by Nebbys troops.

26:2 - Why

27:3 - God is ticked

27:4 - Failed. Never happened.

27:5 - Failed. Island still exists.

27:6 - Check ..... actually happened.

26:7 Check.... actually happened.

26:8 Check

26:9 Failed. He never destroyed the walls to the city nor the towers of the city. The little village towns were sacked, but these have been described as "suburbs". These were lower class workers. They provided food and supplies to the gentry that lived in the city.

26:10 Failed. Nebby failed to enter the city abet not without trying. Tyre agreed to pay tribute and probably only did that because their supplies were cut off.

26:11 Probably failed. This again seems to be referring to the City, not the surrounding village.

26:12 Epic Fail. The wealth, the walls, the fine houses were all on in the island city where Nebby never entered.

26:13 Cannot be determined. Maybe they had to pay the harps as part of the tribute. Most likely another failure.

26:14 Grand Imperial Pooh Bah of failures.

26:15 - 26:18 Also seems clear enough who is being talked about,... again; "men of the sea"

26:19 Complete, utter and total failure. Tyre is still above water. In fact it is larger now than in Phonetician times.

26:20 Failed.

26:21 Epic failure. We know where it is and it is still inhabited.

I hope this clears things up.

If one part fails then the whole prophecy fails,.... right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114605 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many non-Egyptian rulers are listed as ruling Egypt?

All of them.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#114606 Apr 30, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Sorry, Macumazahn, I forgot where I read about God spreading the Leviathan's skin over the city of Jerusalem.
NP, I'll go look for it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114607 Apr 30, 2013
Hah. It's in the Torah: "From the beautiful skin of the Leviathan, G-d will construct canopies to shelter the righteous from the sun." (Bava Basra 75a)
KAB

United States

#114608 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is funny that, having failed as badly as you have, that you continue with this subject.
Here is the refutation that you have not been able to answer (as per typical).
26:1 - When the prophecy was given. Note that it is AFTER the actual attack by Nebbys troops.
26:9 Failed. He never destroyed the walls to the city nor the towers of the city. The little village towns were sacked, but these have been described as "suburbs". These were lower class workers. They provided food and supplies to the gentry that lived in the city.
26:10 Failed. Nebby failed to enter the city abet not without trying. Tyre agreed to pay tribute and probably only did that because their supplies were cut off.
26:11 Probably failed. This again seems to be referring to the City, not the surrounding village.
26:12 Epic Fail. The wealth, the walls, the fine houses were all on in the island city where Nebby never entered.
26:13 Cannot be determined. Maybe they had to pay the harps as part of the tribute. Most likely another failure.
26:15 - 26:18 Also seems clear enough who is being talked about,... again; "men of the sea"
26:19 Complete, utter and total failure. Tyre is still above water. In fact it is larger now than in Phonetician times.
I didn't initiate the subject, and I've only been responding to others' inputs. It's you and your comrades who are continuing the subject.
KAB

United States

#114609 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We do have a historical record in this case.
Nebby failed.
Failed prophecy.
Please drop the assertion, and provide the historical record.
KAB

United States

#114610 Apr 30, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiight...it's all a xenophobic conspiracy.
Prove Canada never conquered America.
Jackass.
Are you willing to accept historical records?
KAB

United States

#114611 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am certain that you like having your failures pointed out to you on a daily basis.
How goes the recruiting of the ignorant masses?
I particularly had in mind that Tangled is no longer with us.
KAB

United States

#114612 Apr 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is what way are the two comparable at all?
The problem here is the OPPOSITE of Sargon. There we had a lack of evidence. Here we have a LOT of evidence that demonstrates that the "prophecy" (falsely so called) never happened.
The subject is Nebby's defeat of Egypt.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114613 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical, yes.

Mythological, not so much.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114614 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather a funny question from a guy who has repeatedly refused to accept historical records.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114615 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't initiate the subject, and I've only been responding to others' inputs. It's you and your comrades who are continuing the subject.

You have been wallowing like an uninflated life raft in shark infested waters.

You can respond all you want, but unless and until you respond with data your assertions remain, as always, refuted.
LowellGuy

United States

#114616 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If they've withstood scrutiny by the historian community.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114617 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you suppose we will provide a historical record to you than what we have already shown?

History records that the

http://www.middleeast.com/tyre.htm

http://www.publicbookshelf.com/public_html/Th...

http://www.livius.org/tt-tz/tyre/tyre_history...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114618 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

If they are proven reliable.

Unlike yourself we have always accepted historical records to the extent they exist and are reliable.

Revisionist history is your bag.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114619 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I particularly had in mind that Tangled is no longer with us.

He pops in now and again. I am don't remember the last time I saw him in this forum, however.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114620 Apr 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I cannot give a record of what did not happen. You wil make the foolish claim that since there is no record of him defeating Egypt he could have defeated Egypt. This is the purest of nonsense. If he had defeated Egypt he would have kept records of it. He didn't. Egypt would have records of it, they don't. Neighboring countries would have records of it. They don't. We know that Nebby attacked Egypt after he went after Tyre. We also know that attack did not pan out.

Now he did defeat the Egyptian army in the field in around 605 BC but that was long before Zeke's prophecy. That confuses some people. This article has a time line of Nebby. Once again he did not defeat Egypt:

http://www.sanityquestpublishing.com/essays/B...

And remember the rules of debate say that if someone wants to make a positive claim it is up to him to provide evidence for that claim. Or as the great Hitch said, and I am paraphrasing here: "Claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence". Your claim that the prophecy was fulfilled is dismissed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min scientia potentia... 197,330
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min scientia potentia... 31,271
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 min Brian_G 13,275
Evolution in action 43 min MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... Wed bearings 2
Another "gap" gets closed May 24 MIDutch 1
Christianity and why its wrong + evolution debates May 21 Zog Has-fallen 15
More from around the web