It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150550 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#114481 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. The prophecy has very specific boundaries to its range of possible meaning (e.g., Tyre, Nebuchadnezzar, others must be involved, there must be scraping bare and throwing in water, at least some aspect of not rebuilding must be permanently sustained, and there's more). This is no red car you know!
Stupid. Zeke said Tyre would never be rebuilt. He and his lord buddy were wrong.
KAB wrote:
...at least some aspect of not rebuilding must be permanently sustained...
This is friggin hilarious. Now we have KAB backstroking to the position that Zeke and his pal only meant semi-rebuilding. Some rebuilding is OK. Never being rebuilt now means never totally rebuilt.

You are certifiable.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114482 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting since I just proved one.
If you are referring to your IQ, I'll have to grant you the point.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114483 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just demonstrate the Bible is unreliable. Oh, that's right. That would require confirming data, and all you provide are unconfirmed assertions. I realize that's so much easier, but alas, worthless.
It's been done, Black Knight. You're just too brain-washed to realize it.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114484 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
For something stated in the Bible, provide conclusive data confirming that there is no linguistically, grammatically, and contextually valid possible understanding which could be correct.
Laffin.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114485 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I see that KAB is still stuck on stupid.
It's what he does best.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114486 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that is ridiculously vague. Using that standard you could claim that any religion is "true".
Your test fails. Try again.
You are so not logically savvy. A test can't fail until it's run. Let's take your assertion out for a spin. Of course it can be asserted that any religion is true, but since religions have opposing beliefs, by definition, at most only one of them can be true. That would have to be one with no beliefs which can be confirmed incorrect.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114487 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so not logically savvy. A test can't fail until it's run. Let's take your assertion out for a spin. Of course it can be asserted that any religion is true, but since religions have opposing beliefs, by definition, at most only one of them can be true. That would have to be one with no beliefs which can be confirmed incorrect.
Yes, but according to your excessively vague requirements for a prophecy to be false you could claim anything. You could claim one prophecy supports two very different religions since according to your standards the prophecy was not proven false.

A prophecy is supposed to be a definite prediction, not some vague guess. If a prophecy is not specific it is trivial. A trivial prophecy is worthless.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114488 Apr 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The town that was sacked by Nebby.
More than one of us has mentioned it.
If you indeed read our posts (unlikely)
And if you do indeed read our references (not possible).
Then you can name the town.
What was the name of the town?
The references have shown that before Nebby it was known as Ushu.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114489 Apr 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you don't understand what you are arguing against.
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...yet remain undisturbed from PRE-flood days?
Cosmic-ray dating (which I have referenced previously) shows the surface of portions of the Atacama have remained undisturbed for several MILLIONS of years.
Yet you're saying that the SAME weight of MILES of water that you claim distorted the sea floor into what we now see, FAILED to displace individual grains of sand during both the deposition and drainage of that emmense volume of water?
" Studies by a group of British scientists have suggested that some river beds have been dry for 120,000 years."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atacama_Desert#A...
Is suggestion equivalent to confirmation? Unfortunately for you, answering this properly calls for analyzing data. You could, of course, stick with your practice of winging it.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114490 Apr 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just demonstrate the Bible is reliable. Oh, that's right. That would require confirming data, and all you provide are unconfirmed assertions. I realize that's so much easier, but alas, worthless.
How many testable points do you require to be confirmed correct?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114491 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot or none of them are true.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#114492 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is suggestion equivalent to confirmation? Unfortunately for you, answering this properly calls for analyzing data. You could, of course, stick with your practice of winging it.
As opposed to your practice of ignoring it. Yeah, that is soooooo much better.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114493 Apr 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never on that discussion, because I don't care about that discussion. That is between you and the other in that discussion. You really like your fallacies, especially the red herring.
So why didn't you stay out of the discussion if you weren't intending/going to pursue it?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114494 Apr 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't understand what the Dunning-Kruger effect is, yet you think yourself supremely versed in what the Dunning-Kruger effect is. I wonder if there's a name for that kind of misplaced perception of competence...
Perhaps you're wrong about my not understanding DK. You perhaps more than anyone in this forum declare positions on behalf of others, which they themselves have not expressed. Judging from how frequently you're wrong without realizing it, you seem to be a good candidate for DK.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114495 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If intelligent people can be wrong, which they can, how, from your personal Dunning-Kruger experience, does that compare with the expectation for unintelligent people?

Your question is non-coherent. An intelligent person would be expected to formulate an intelligent question.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> I asked if there was data confirming no scraping took place at Tyre. That seems much more analagous to proving that no rain fell indoors on a particular occasion, don't you think.

Opposite, actually. You seem to have the odd idea that if you keep typing words then you have not lost. It really does not work that way.

KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Also, indoor rain evokes an almost reflex thought of something impossible, whereas scraping does not.

Actually, indoor rain can be made to happen rather easily. Look it up on any site devoted to science fair projects.

[QUOTE who="KAB"]<quoted text> If it makes it easier for you to accept, however, then I modify my challenge to a request for data confirming scraping did take place at Tyre. What say you?

That would be a logical thing to do. However, you are quibbling over one tiny point as you are unable to compete on the plethora of other points that have been refuted.

But a prophecy should be 100% correct, correct?

I mean if a bit here and a bit there are correct but the bulk if it is disproved then that does not count. Right?

I do not expect a cogent answer to the above questions. You can't, so you won't. As per typical.

1. The "Prophecy" was made AFTER the city was seized by Nebby.

2. Lest go verse by verse

26:1 - When the prophecy was given. Note that it is AFTER the actual attack by Nebbys troops.

26:2 - Why

27:3 - God is ticked

27:4 - Failed. Never happened.

27:5 - Failed. Island still exists.

27:6 - Check ..... actually happened.

26:7 Check.... actually happened.

26:8 Check

26:9 Failed. He never destroyed the walls to the city nor the towers of the city. The little village towns were sacked, but these have been described as "suburbs". These were lower class workers. They provided food and supplies to the gentry that lived in the city.

26:10 Failed. Nebby failed to enter the city abet not without trying. Tyre agreed to pay tribute and probably only did that because their supplies were cut off.

26:11 Probably failed. This again seems to be referring to the City, not the surrounding village.

26:12 Epic Fail. The wealth, the walls, the fine houses were all on in the island city where Nebby never entered.

26:13 Cannot be determined. Maybe they had to pay the harps as part of the tribute. Most likely another failure.

26:14 Grand Imperial Pooh Bah of failures.

26:15 - 26:18 Also seems clear enough who is being talked about,... again; "men of the sea"

26:19 Complete, utter and total failure. Tyre is still above water. In fact it is larger now than in Phonetician times.

26:20 Failed.

26:21 Epic failure. We know where it is and it is still inhabited.

I hope this clears things up.

If one part fails then the whole prophecy fails,.... right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114496 Apr 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I see that KAB is still stuck on stupid.

As if he ever had another setting.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114497 Apr 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't understand what the Dunning-Kruger effect is, yet you think yourself supremely versed in what the Dunning-Kruger effect is. I wonder if there's a name for that kind of misplaced perception of competence...

Snark! LOL!
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114498 Apr 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. He doesn't. And Tyre has been rebuilt several times. Thanks for playing.
It appears the island city of Tyre has never been rebuilt, a linguistically and contextually legitimate understanding of what the prophecy states. I've enjoyed the game. I suspect we'll play again sometime.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114499 Apr 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears the island city of Tyre has never been rebuilt, a linguistically and contextually legitimate understanding of what the prophecy states. I've enjoyed the game. I suspect we'll play again sometime.
You have a very strange definition of "rebuilt".

When you rebuild a city you do not rebuild the old buildings. That is called "rebuilding the original buildings".

A rebuilt city has new buildings to replace old ones lost in some sort of disaster.

London was rebuilt after the Great Fire of London. The same goes for Chicago and San Francisco. Chicago had a fire that devastated much of the city, San Francisco had a double whammy earthquake and then fire. It too was rebuilt.

Did they even try to rebuild all of the old buildings? No, not even close.

Redefining rebuilt in the way that you are has another name for it, it is called "grasping for straws".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114500 Apr 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
As if he ever had another setting.
Yup, take a look at his next post after yours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Blitzking 195,234
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 9 min scientia potentia... 11,171
Cheap Kitchen Units UK 53 min jojoyus 1
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 hr Brian_G 29,391
Science News (Sep '13) Thu Ricky F 3,573
Ribose can be produced in space Apr 26 MIDutch 2
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Apr 26 ChristineM 14,551
More from around the web