It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114409 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter. As long as there's a linguistically/grammatically valid way the prophecy could be understood to be fulfilled, that's all that's necessary.
No, by doing so you make all claims of prophesy worthless.

With your definition any prophesy can be applied to almost any event.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114410 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is discarded when evidence contradicts it, something you are unwilling to do with your made up history.
Do you have data confirming no scraping occurred?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114411 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not specified in Ezekiel. Only the name of the town.
I've asked you several times to quote chapter and verse for the rebuilding of an ISLAND city but you ran away like a little girl.
There is no statement in the prophecy which uses a word which is defined to mean island.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114412 Apr 26, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...yet remain undisturbed from PRE-flood days?
Cosmic-ray dating (which I have referenced previously) shows the surface of portions of the Atacama have remained undisturbed for several MILLIONS of years.
Yet you're saying that the SAME weight of MILES of water that you claim distorted the sea floor into what we now see, FAILED to displace individual grains of sand during both the deposition and drainage of that emmense volume of water?
Disturbed is relative. Do you think you would recognize the rearranging of grains of sand 4500 years after the event?
BTW, the cosmic ray measurements show how much cumulative (not necessarily uninterrupted, as I referenced previously) exposure the surfaces have had.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114413 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Want to bet?
No word whose definition includes "island" is used in the prophecy.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114414 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have data confirming no scraping occurred?
A negative cannot be proven.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114415 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No word whose definition includes "island" is used in the prophecy.
KAB, you don't have to play stupid here. We already know that you are.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114416 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, by doing so you make all claims of prophesy worthless.
With your definition any prophesy can be applied to almost any event.
Not so. The prophecy has very specific boundaries to its range of possible meaning (e.g., Tyre, Nebuchadnezzar, others must be involved, there must be scraping bare and throwing in water, at least some aspect of not rebuilding must be permanently sustained, and there's more). This is no red car you know!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114417 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB, you don't have to play stupid here. We already know that you are.
He ain't playin'.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114418 Apr 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the statement in the post to which I'm responding, "A negative can be proven."?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114419 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the statement in the post to which I'm responding, "A negative can be proven."?

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

#114420 Apr 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
"The more educated you are about something" reflects greater knowledge/understanding of the thing. "the less you realize you know about it" reflects lower realization of what you know about it, even tho the first phrase acknowledges realization of more. The two notions are mutually exclusive.
A good search term on this would be "Dunning-Kruger effect."

Level 5

Zhengzhou, China

#114421 Apr 27, 2013
Kitten Koder wrote, "A negative cannot be proven."

That depends.
If a claim is made regarding something invisible, it can't be disproven.
That's how Carl Sagan got by with claiming that there was an invisible dragon in his garage.
On the other thread, one of the Creationists challenged the Evolutionists to prove that God doesn't exist.
I guess we can't, since God is invisible.

Also, if a claim is not confined to a particular place, it would be difficult to disprove.
In order to prove that there are no werewolves or vampires, one would have to explore the entire world.

However, a claim might be disproven if it involves the visible and is limited to a particular place.
One could go to the peak of Mount Olympus to find out if the Greek gods live there.
One could also go to the North Pole to find out if Santa Claus lives there.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114422 Apr 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
"The more educated you are about something" reflects greater knowledge/understanding of the thing. "the less you realize you know about it" reflects lower realization of what you know about it, even tho the first phrase acknowledges realization of more. The two notions are mutually exclusive.
No. You are such a fantastic example of it, it would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#114423 Apr 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You're entitled to your opinion.
So, you admit that you're just asserting opinion, not objective facts. You're so pointless. Spheres aren't as pointless as you are.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#114424 Apr 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not hold science to an unrealistic standard of absolute certainty. I also don't raise science above where it is. You do.
Sure you do. You ask for conclusive evidence. Why do you lie?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114425 Apr 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting since I just proved one.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114426 Apr 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
A good search term on this would be "Dunning-Kruger effect."
Except that what was stated is not the Dunning-Kruger effect. It is instead a statement the two parts of which directly contradict each other. So it may have been stated by someone suffering from DK.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114427 Apr 27, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
Kitten Koder wrote, "A negative cannot be proven."
That depends.
If a claim is made regarding something invisible, it can't be disproven.
That's how Carl Sagan got by with claiming that there was an invisible dragon in his garage.
On the other thread, one of the Creationists challenged the Evolutionists to prove that God doesn't exist.
I guess we can't, since God is invisible.
Also, if a claim is not confined to a particular place, it would be difficult to disprove.
In order to prove that there are no werewolves or vampires, one would have to explore the entire world.
However, a claim might be disproven if it involves the visible and is limited to a particular place.
One could go to the peak of Mount Olympus to find out if the Greek gods live there.
One could also go to the North Pole to find out if Santa Claus lives there.
Thanks TR. I hope Kitten will give you a hearing ear, or would that be seeing eye considering the nature of this forum? Refusal to accept truth from an opponent is a significant impediment to progress.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#114428 Apr 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do. You ask for conclusive evidence. Why do you lie?
Can something be established as conclusive without conclusive evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min Dogen 141,842
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 21 min Thinking 14,502
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 2 hr Strel 782
Science News (Sep '13) 9 hr Ricky F 2,961
Darwin on the rocks 9 hr The Dude 827
The conditions necessary for homo sapiens to sp... 19 hr NoahLovesU 5
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Sun -TheExam- 13,957
More from around the web