It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164326 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114372 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never stated that evolution is impossible. I will state, however, that your last assertion is impossible. Someone adept with language would realize that.

Not at all impossible. His statement fits within the rules of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

The educated know the limits of their education.

The uneducated don't.

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU explain what you understand it to be, and then tell us how that relates to mutation rates, and how that makes evolution impossible. And, before you do that, ask yourself one question: "have I been sufficiently educated in this subject to know how ignorant I am about this subject?" The more educated you are about something, the less you realize you know about it. Do you know what that means? Do you think it applies to you?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114373 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never stated that evolution is impossible. I will state, however, that your last assertion is impossible. Someone adept with language would realize that.
Wrong. Go back, read it again, and realize how you just proved it true.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114374 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you could identify the island on a map of the present day mediterranean coastline.

That has been done.

The island is not important.

You are still committing the Ship of Theseus Fallacy.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114375 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Right where it states there would never again be any settlemant of any kind built there.

And there was.

And it remained a built up island for hundreds of years.

Again, you are still committing the Ship of Theseus Fallacy.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114376 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't provided data confirming they were always known by different names. Hey, Tyre today is actually Sur!

AH HA! So you ADMIT that it is the same a Tyre.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#114377 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There is physical evidence which supports a premise of contradiction. I know of no physical evidence whch confims there was no global flood.
And that is because you hold science to an unrealistic standard of absolute certainty, which is anathema to science. According to your standard, there could NEVER be evidence that contradicts a year-long global flood. Which is why you are a liar.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114378 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't provided data confirming they were always known by different names. Hey, Tyre today is actually Sur!

BTW, do you remember what the name of the town on the mainland was?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114379 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're having difficulty following the entire conversation. Perhaps you can enlist someone adept with the English language to assist you.

I can explain it to SZ.

Hey, SZ, he has nothing so he is playing stupid again.

Remember he does this when he is completely lost.

Now that everyone is back on track, let us proceed.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#114380 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think nothing ever changes? Using your answer, what can you conclude about your assertion here?

1. Where did the water come from?

2. Where did the water go?

3. How did civilizations continue through this period, unaffected?

4. How did fragile items survive?

5. Why is there not water damage inside of all older structures (great pyramid)?

6. How did water soluble "paint's" used in cave and cliff paintings manage to survive?

7. Why is there absolutely no tangible evidence of a global flood to be found?

8. Why are there no modern fish fossils on dry land?

9. How did animals get from their homes to the Ark?

10. How did animals get from the ark back to their homes?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114381 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I did on one of these threads. I included a link that explains the etymology of Tyre.

You can Google search it yourself. But Sur is the original Phoenician. Pronunciation across languages always mauls pronunciation. It is Tyrus in Greece and Tyre in English. They all go back to Sur. I don't see how you could mangle Ushu or Usu into "Paleo-Tyre".

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#114382 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all impossible. His statement fits within the rules of the Dunning-Kruger effect.
The educated know the limits of their education.
The uneducated don't.
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU explain what you understand it to be, and then tell us how that relates to mutation rates, and how that makes evolution impossible. And, before you do that, ask yourself one question: "have I been sufficiently educated in this subject to know how ignorant I am about this subject?" The more educated you are about something, the less you realize you know about it. Do you know what that means? Do you think it applies to you?
Kabbycakes sure don't understand irony.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114383 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can explain it to SZ.
Hey, SZ, he has nothing so he is playing stupid again.
Remember he does this when he is completely lost.
Now that everyone is back on track, let us proceed.
Oh, sorry. It is not all that different from what he is like when he thinks that he is correct. Either way there is a lot of stupid to cut through.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114384 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been done.
The island is not important.
You are still committing the Ship of Theseus Fallacy.
Yah.

I still have my grandfather's axe.
My Dad replaced the head.
I replaced the handle.
I still have my grandfather's axe.
KAB

United States

#114385 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
And the fact that it was never fully destroyed, has been continuously inhabited, never scraped bare,.......
You just like it because JWs are big fans of false prophecy.
Hasn't the non-biblical historian "scraped bare" testimony data already been provided, I think even by your side?
KAB

United States

#114386 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Earth's composition is not analogous to a rubber ball. You and science are like marksman11 and reality. The two of you are in diametric opposition. As soon as you stop with the presuppositional apologetics, you can start having a rational conversation.
Is it your contention that the Earth's crust subjected to uneven additional pressure is not subject to deformation?
KAB

United States

#114387 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So you assert. I say the universe was created last Thursday, destroyed on Monday and recreated yesterday.
I don't have any archeological, historic, or genetic evidence of that either.
Prove me wrong.
As you indicated, you have no evidence.
KAB

United States

#114388 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rebuilt.... before it became landlocked, oh data adverse one.
Do you think "Jehovah" plays deceptive games like this? Does not another biblical figure seem more supportive of this sort of "logic"?
I await confirmation that it was rebuilt as an island city. I know that likely won't come from you.
KAB

United States

#114389 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps if the earth was made of rubber, you would have a point. Alas, it's not and you don't.
What is it made of relative to deformation?
Mike: 10
KAB :-1 (one point deducted for being deliberately stupid).
It's made of deformable crust as has been amply observed.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#114390 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it your contention that the Earth's crust subjected to uneven additional pressure is not subject to deformation?
Not like you're describing. Not even close. Not even in the same universe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#114391 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
AH HA! So you ADMIT that it is the same a Tyre.
I have a nickel says he'll stick to the "Spare Tyre" argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 81,934
Why does Tennessee smell like Asphalt? 14 hr Djdjrjrjerj 1
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 hr Science 2,206
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Sat Science 33,086
Did humans come from Sturgeons? Oct 16 Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee Oct 16 Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
More from around the web