It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 163781 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114291 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You can accept MF's dataless assertions or try me and see for yourself. Which do you think is more objective?
Objectively? Not you, that's for sure.
KAB

United States

#114292 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it has been rebuilt several times. Some of the ruins are Roman. So those ruins are evidence that the island was rebuilt. The Roman era was after both Nebuchadnezzar and Alexander.
No data has been provided confirming the island city was rebuilt.
KAB

United States

#114293 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rebuilt since the attack. Roman ruins were not ruins when they were first built.
Logic is not your strong point is it KAB?
You have provided no data confirming the ISLAND city was rebuilt.
KAB

United States

#114294 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Once again KAB, 2/3 of what was the old island is occupied. The other 1/3 are preserved ruins. They are mostly ruins from after even Alexander's attack. That means all of the island was rebuilt at some time after the attack when it was never supposed to be built upon again, even if you extend the time to Alexander the Great's attack.
Now of course we all know that Alex's attack was not in the prophesy.
A prophesy is meaningless if it covers every day events. That was a war torn area. No one has been able to find one city in that area that was not defeated in that time period. Saying your city will be just like other cities does not qualify as a prophesy.
Stating that Nebuchadnezzar would be involved, ground would be scraped bare and thrown in the water, and that it would never be rebuilt qualify it as prophetically unique among all the other defeated cities in the area in that timeframe. Nothing "red car" about that.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114295 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing why the island city of Tyre will never be rebuilt.
Take you meds. It might help.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114296 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have provided no data confirming the ISLAND city was rebuilt.
Again, take your meds.
KAB

United States

#114297 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? The prophecy was specific, it was never to be built upon again. You do not know what is meant by "stretching the specificity".
I notice you're not quoting the prophecy in stating "never to be built upon again". Why is that do you think?
KAB

United States

#114298 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. When in doubt, lie. Good for you. I don't recall any EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that demonstrates the mutual exclusivity of punctuated equilibrium and uniformitarianism. But, if you have such evidence, do share.
Define what you understand to be punctuated equilibrium relative to mutation rates, and I can take it from there.
KAB

United States

#114299 Apr 26, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not categorically dismissed.
We have not had a major one in nearly 80,000 years, but science has not dismissed that catastrophes do occur.
Unless we count your posts as 'catastrophes'. That ball is still in play.
Actually, there was one about 4500 years ago.
KAB

United States

#114300 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as weaknesses in data. Now, the methodology and interpretations may have weaknesses, such as bias, but data itself is merely data. And, evidence is a subset of data, and evidence is all that matters. I want you to present empirical evidence of your alleged global flood that can only be explained by such an event and that other evidence cannot contradict regarding a global flood. That's how science works. If you have a legitimate case for your flood beyond "I believe what the Bible says" and "you can't prove it didn't happen," please share it. Remember, it begins and ends with evidence. EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE. Science is how we investigate natural phenomena. If there's no evidence, we don't accept the claim. Just show us, using empirical evidence, why we should accept the claim. And, "the Bible says..." isn't empirical evidence. If you have zero empirical evidence, then admit it. If you have compelling empirical evidence that trumps all evidence to the contrary of such a flood, show it. You'd be the first person in the history of the world to do so. I eagerly await your evidence.
How many times do I have to repeat that I know of no physical evidence confirming that the global flood occurred before you will believe me?
KAB

United States

#114301 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of it HAS been rebuilt! Is your skull made entirely of solid bone of is there actually some remnant of a brain in there?
The island city no longer exists, and it appears it never again will.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#114302 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No data has been provided confirming the island city was rebuilt.
Here, you blistering halfwit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TyreFishing...
KAB

United States

#114303 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are an idiot. It's not an island TODAY but much of the original island area HAS been rebuilt.
Why are you so in love with being wrong?
Again, look at a friggin map!
Yes, the map confirms the ISLAND city has not been rebuilt (i.e., no island).

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#114304 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do I have to repeat that I know of no physical evidence confirming that the global flood occurred before you will believe me?
But didn't you just say (in reference to the Noachian flood):
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, there was one about 4500 years ago.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114305 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The island city no longer exists, and it appears it never again will.
Tyre exists today. Q.E.D.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114306 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the map confirms the ISLAND city has not been rebuilt (i.e., no island).
The island is still there, doofus. It is now joined to the mainland thanks to Alexanders causeway.

While it does claim Tyre will never be rebuilt, where in Ezekiel 26 does it say the island city will never rebuilt?
KAB

United States

#114307 Apr 26, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Mr Obvious. However, the argument that the former island is no longer an island doesn't change the fact that in Nebby's time it WAS A FREAKING ISLAND!
Has that ISLAND city ever been rebuilt?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114308 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Define what you understand to be punctuated equilibrium relative to mutation rates, and I can take it from there.
Why don't YOU explain what you understand it to be, and then tell us how that relates to mutation rates, and how that makes evolution impossible. And, before you do that, ask yourself one question: "have I been sufficiently educated in this subject to know how ignorant I am about this subject?" The more educated you are about something, the less you realize you know about it. Do you know what that means? Do you think it applies to you?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114309 Apr 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Has that ISLAND city ever been rebuilt?
Yes.

And more than once.

And the land based city has been rebuilt too.

The more I study this topic the worse it looks for the prophesy.

Losses all around
KAB

United States

#114310 Apr 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The same biological processes at work now applies to those of the past.
The same geological processes at work now applies to those of the past.
The same irrational thought processes you use now applies to those you have used in the past.
The same catastrophic process at work now applies as in the past, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Eagle 12 - 80,001
News Intelligent design (Jul '15) 17 hr Dogen 571
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Sat ChromiuMan 222,780
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Fri River Tam 32,582
What's your religion? Fri Zog Has-fallen 4
Life started in Tennessee proof. Sep 15 Science4life 1
Science News (Sep '13) Sep 8 Ricky F 4,001
More from around the web