It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162034 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114246 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you assuring me there are no weaknesses in the data?

The data is your problem. It is like a anchor tied to your neck, dragging you down.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114247 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

A lot of weakness in the data. Ergo, a "prediction" that never occurred.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114248 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No rebuilding at all stretches the specificity of the prophecy as stated.
How so? The prophecy was specific, it was never to be built upon again. You do not know what is meant by "stretching the specificity".

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114249 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the punctuated equilibrium explanation ring any bells regarding the dilemma of attempting to reconcile observed mutation rates, estimated available time, and the variety of life on Earth, recognizing it doesn't fit the uniformitarian model, all the while trying to force that model on the global flood?

I perceive you do not understand PE any more than you understand,... well, anything we have discovered.

Why was PE poised?

Okay, that is a trick question.

What does the observed fact of PE tell us about evolution?

In what way does PE say anything at all about a mythological flood?

The only "evidence" of the flood is in a book we have proven to be unreliable.

Hence there is no evidence of a flood.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114250 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the punctuated equilibrium explanation ring any bells regarding the dilemma of attempting to reconcile observed mutation rates, estimated available time, and the variety of life on Earth, recognizing it doesn't fit the uniformitarian model, all the while trying to force that model on the global flood?
Oh, I see. When in doubt, lie. Good for you. I don't recall any EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that demonstrates the mutual exclusivity of punctuated equilibrium and uniformitarianism. But, if you have such evidence, do share.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114251 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I realize that uniformitarianism is not absolute, and catastrophe must not be categorically dismissed.

It is not categorically dismissed.

We have not had a major one in nearly 80,000 years, but science has not dismissed that catastrophes do occur.

Unless we count your posts as 'catastrophes'. That ball is still in play.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#114252 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as weaknesses in data. Now, the methodology and interpretations may have weaknesses, such as bias, but data itself is merely data. And, evidence is a subset of data, and evidence is all that matters. I want you to present empirical evidence of your alleged global flood that can only be explained by such an event and that other evidence cannot contradict regarding a global flood. That's how science works. If you have a legitimate case for your flood beyond "I believe what the Bible says" and "you can't prove it didn't happen," please share it. Remember, it begins and ends with evidence. EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE. Science is how we investigate natural phenomena. If there's no evidence, we don't accept the claim. Just show us, using empirical evidence, why we should accept the claim. And, "the Bible says..." isn't empirical evidence. If you have zero empirical evidence, then admit it. If you have compelling empirical evidence that trumps all evidence to the contrary of such a flood, show it. You'd be the first person in the history of the world to do so. I eagerly await your evidence.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114253 Apr 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. When in doubt, lie. Good for you. I don't recall any EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE that demonstrates the mutual exclusivity of punctuated equilibrium and uniformitarianism. But, if you have such evidence, do share.

We can add that to all the other evidence and data KAB has brought to this forum.

I have all his data stored in a container around here.... now what DID I do with that lilliputian thimble? Oh, I will have to get my lens out to look for it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114254 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyre, akin to what it was then, has not been rebuilt, and much of its ruins remain.
Much of it HAS been rebuilt! Is your skull made entirely of solid bone of is there actually some remnant of a brain in there?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114255 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
My God knew precisely what he was talking about imprecisely.
{head/desk}
{head/desk}
{head/desk}

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114256 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an island, but thanks for mentioning another way in which it hasn't been rebuilt, possibly the most important since its island status was such a critical attribute.
You really are an idiot. It's not an island TODAY but much of the original island area HAS been rebuilt.

Why are you so in love with being wrong?

Again, look at a friggin map!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114257 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there were only walls on the island?
Red herring.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114258 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The island city has not been rebuilt.(HINT: There is no longer an island.)
Thanks, Mr Obvious. However, the argument that the former island is no longer an island doesn't change the fact that in Nebby's time it WAS A FREAKING ISLAND!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114259 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

I can only assure you with absolute certainty that the only obvious weakness is your thought process.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114260 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The island city has not been rebuilt.(HINT: There is no longer an island.)
Still building:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Business/Lebanon/...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114261 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I realize that uniformitarianism is not absolute, and catastrophe must not be categorically dismissed.
Catastrophes leave evidence.

Global catastrophes leave global evidence.

As previously noted, logic is not your friend.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114262 Apr 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only assure you with absolute certainty that the only obvious weakness is your thought process.

Mike: 6
KAB : 0

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114263 Apr 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Catastrophes leave evidence.
Global catastrophes leave global evidence.
As previously noted, logic is not your friend.

I hate to give points for stating the obvious, but when your opponent does not recognize the obvious I feel compelled.

Mike: 7
KAB : 0

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114264 Apr 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simpler than that. ToE doesn't harmonize with the Theory of Uniformitarianism which your side seems to demand must be accepted as inviolate. In this case, missing links need not be invoked.
The same biological processes at work now applies to those of the past.
The same geological processes at work now applies to those of the past.
The same irrational thought processes you use now applies to those you have used in the past.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114265 Apr 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. None of us do. You are a legion in your own mind.
"legion" or lesion?
Legion of lesions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Into The Night 74,946
News In Turkey, no teaching of evolution, but bannin... 17 min Science 39
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 24 min Nemesis 156
Is Creationism and Intelligent Design debunked ... 40 min THE LONE WORKER 245
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,048
The Subduction Zone class on Evidence. (Jun '13) 1 hr Science 138
creationism, for good reason fears answers 13 hr Science 12
More from around the web