It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151331 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114224 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My God knew precisely what he was talking about imprecisely (Heb. 4:12). Specifically, he knew there would be ones like you who would feel justified while being openly publicly incorrect.

Mike: 3
KAB : 0

Mike should actually get more than one point for this:

"My God knew precisely what he was talking about imprecisely"

But I included no provisions for awarding multiple points based on the inane stupidity of the competition.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114225 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at a friggin map, you moron. Much of the island HAS been rebuilt.
Tyre, akin to what it was then, has not been rebuilt, and much of its ruins remain.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114226 Apr 24, 2013
KAB,

I am still waiting for responses from you to posts #114169, 114193, 114214, 114215 and 114216.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I am still laughing at post #113180.

Can you make that chicken sound again?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114227 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at a friggin map, you moron. Much of the island HAS been rebuilt.
It's not an island, but thanks for mentioning another way in which it hasn't been rebuilt, possibly the most important since its island status was such a critical attribute.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114228 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an island, but thanks for mentioning another way in which it hasn't been rebuilt, possibly the most important since its island status was such a critical attribute.
If you would read Tyre's history you would see that what is now a peninsula was an island until Alexander the Great built a ramp to attack the island. Currents have filled it in since.

Ignorance is not your ally.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114229 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tyre, akin to what it was then, has not been rebuilt, and much of its ruins remain.
No, it has been rebuilt several times. Some of the ruins are Roman. So those ruins are evidence that the island was rebuilt. The Roman era was after both Nebuchadnezzar and Alexander.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114230 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Even those ruins are Roman ruins. In other words they were built after the attack by Alexander the Great. So even the third of the island or so that has preserved ruins was rebuilt.
Actually, the ISLAND city has not been rebuilt. See if you can discern why.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114231 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

The critical attribute of a failed "prophecy".

So, what I understand you are saying is that you absolutely cannot defend any failed prophecy, regardless if it is in the bible or committed by members of your cult.

Message received.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114232 Apr 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have not been paying attention to the data. Lets review just a couple of the things we have shown you.
1. Nebuchadnezzar did not defeat Tyre. The city agreed to pay tribute and he left, having never been inside the walls that he was designated to destroy. So, complete failure.
2. The siege occurred BEFORE the the "prophecy" that it would be destroyed. So, someone did not even get the story straight!
Work those out and we can get on to some of the other problems.
Do you think there were only walls on the island?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114233 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Funny.

Prophecy failed.

Your defense is an even bigger failure, however.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114234 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It was rebuilt since the attack. Roman ruins were not ruins when they were first built.

Logic is not your strong point is it KAB?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#114235 Apr 24, 2013
Once again KAB, 2/3 of what was the old island is occupied. The other 1/3 are preserved ruins. They are mostly ruins from after even Alexander's attack. That means all of the island was rebuilt at some time after the attack when it was never supposed to be built upon again, even if you extend the time to Alexander the Great's attack.

Now of course we all know that Alex's attack was not in the prophesy.

A prophesy is meaningless if it covers every day events. That was a war torn area. No one has been able to find one city in that area that was not defeated in that time period. Saying your city will be just like other cities does not qualify as a prophesy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114236 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think there were only walls on the island?

Yes, that is the only place where wall are described.

Do you think you have an answer for God promising Egypt to Nebby but it never happened.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114237 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things, the ruins are only a small part of Tyre. The prophecy applied to the whole island.
Second the ruins are Roman ruins. That means they were built after the invasion of Alexander the Great. So even the ruins are part of the city that was rebuilt after the time when there was not supposed to be any rebuilding at all.
The ruins are in no way a validation of your claim, if anything they once again shoot down the prophecy.
No rebuilding at all stretches the specificity of the prophecy as stated.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114238 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only part of Tyre, idiot. The rest has been rebuilt.
The island city has not been rebuilt.(HINT: There is no longer an island.)
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114239 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you didn't read it or, if you did, you couldn't understand it. Not really a shocker in your case.
<quoted text>
Nobody *needs* you beyond some mild amusement.
-
Ever notice that when KAB get his ass handed to him, he always makes some inane comment rather the addressing the issue at hand?
Are you assuring me there are no weaknesses in the data?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114240 Apr 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, there it is.
When the evidence is presented, you simply deny its existence. When you're not denying its existence, you deny what it means. I'd love to watch you swallow two neodymium magnets a day after one another, and then watch you tell us how the data don't show that the magnets are causing tears in your intestines, and it's in fact God punishing you for masturbating.
Are you assuring me there are no weaknesses in the data?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114241 Apr 24, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dataless assertion. No comment.
Does the punctuated equilibrium explanation ring any bells regarding the dilemma of attempting to reconcile observed mutation rates, estimated available time, and the variety of life on Earth, recognizing it doesn't fit the uniformitarian model, all the while trying to force that model on the global flood?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#114242 Apr 24, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your misunderstanding of uniformitarianism?
Do you understand that uniformitarianism does not rule out catastrophes?
Do you understand the difference between hard and soft uniformitarianism?
I need to know where your thinking has gone astray to try to help you on this one.
Yes I realize that uniformitarianism is not absolute, and catastrophe must not be categorically dismissed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114243 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No rebuilding at all stretches the specificity of the prophecy as stated.

The "prophecy" [written after the events as noted previously] was quite specific. Hence the failure is specific.

I notice you are inept a a great many things, but there are few things your are more inept at than defending failed prophecy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Chimney1 35,114
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Aura Mytha 199,398
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Richardfs 14,940
News ID Isn't Science, But That's the Least Of Its P... 18 hr DanFromSmithville 36
Ribose can be produced in space Mon JanusBifrons 6
A Simple Simulation Mon JanusBifrons 1
My Story Part 2 Mon JanusBifrons 1
More from around the web