It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 141815 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114143 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I identify data which harmonizes with the global flood account. Should I leave that to you? I identify lack of confirmation in data provided to demonstrate the flood did not occur. Should I leave that to you? I have succeeded, whereas you have failed miserably, on both of the above. How would those points be represented if only those with your mindset were involved?

Bits of data out of a large set does not harmonize with anything except confirmation bias.

So you are using selection bias to support your confirmation bias, do to having no actual data.

I have succeeded, whereas you have failed miserably on everything.

We see how those points be represented if only those with your mindset were involved, and it is a perversion of science.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114144 Apr 24, 2013
who knows wrote:
If evolution is true how did birds out smart us they can fly. Beside everything that God created in animals has eyes ears nose mouth.
Blessed are the clueless for they shall wander the earth for all of their days saying "What?" "Huh?"

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114145 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You will always be entitled to your opinion, even when it's confirmed incorrect as in this case.
Facts are not opinions.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114146 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I identify data which harmonizes with the global flood account. Should I leave that to you? I identify lack of confirmation in data provided to demonstrate the flood did not occur. Should I leave that to you? I have succeeded, whereas you have failed miserably, on both of the above. How would those points be represented if only those with your mindset were involved?
Wow. You really ARE delusional.

You have NOT identified data which harmonizes with the global flood. All you've done is cite examples of locals flood while ignoring absolute proof that a global flood never occurred. The really sad part is you still believe you're right.
Salma Ahmed

Cairo, Egypt

#114147 Apr 24, 2013
However, the author of "It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate" is also very lacking in knowledge. He evidently has following anything in paleoanthropology. We have dozens of species tying modern humans to our common ancestor with the other apes. There are fossils from 1000's of individuals making up this fossil record. Yet he claims there is no evidence.
He also shows a distinct lack of knowledge of the workings of the scientific method. Historical sciences, such as paleoanthropology, work in a very different fashion than he seems to think. Direct experimentation is not possible, but predictions and repeatable observations are.
KAB

United States

#114148 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushu
New news question. What was the mainland city opposite island Tyre known as when Nebuchadnezzar arrived?
KAB

United States

#114149 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It says Nebuchadnezzar. Nobody else.
You can dance around with your little pronoun game but that doesn't change the simple fact that you are full of crap.
Logic is not your friend. Not even an acquaintance.
It also states "many nations". That allows the involvement of someone in addition to Nebuchadnezzar. That's data. Your declaration is not. It is unsupported restriction.
KAB

United States

#114150 Apr 24, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
19 For thus saith the Lord God; When I shall make thee a desolate city, like the cities that are not inhabited; when I shall bring up the deep upon thee, and great waters shall cover thee;
20 When I shall bring thee down with them that descend into the pit, with the people of old time, and shall set thee in the low parts of the earth, in places desolate of old, with them that go down to the pit,
*** that thou be not inhabited; ***
and I shall set glory in the land of the living;
Thanks for the data showing that NEVER to be inhabited again is not included. Isn't data a wonderful arbiter?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114151 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It also states "many nations". That allows the involvement of someone in addition to Nebuchadnezzar. That's data. Your declaration is not. It is unsupported restriction.
You're a loony. And you can't read.
KAB

United States

#114152 Apr 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Extraordinarily "reported" but in no way substantiated by any and every means available to both reputable pragmatists or unrealistic dreamers.
"Highlighting only that which could be viewed as supporting ones predilections rather than objectively considering/including all relevant data." AKA 'Global Scale Flood Gauge' vs. the entirety of every field of science.
Just provide an example of confirming data from any one field, and you can bring this to a conclusion.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114153 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
New news question. What was the mainland city opposite island Tyre known as when Nebuchadnezzar arrived?
I just told you. Old Tyre (Palaetyrus) was a name the Greeks later gave it.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114154 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ushu.

http://etb-biblical-errancy.blogspot.com/2012...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114155 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the data showing that NEVER to be inhabited again is not included. Isn't data a wonderful arbiter?
KAB, it seems you don't know the meaning of the word "data".

Also I quoted the verse to you that said it was never to be inhabited again. Okay, it did not specifically say never to be inhabited, but it did say the island was to be scraped bare and never to be rebuilt. Since most people like to live in homes I assumed that meant never to be inhabited again. Tyre has been rebuilt. There are buildings there today. Of course it was never scraped bare. Like most ancient cities it is built over its own ruins. Buildings get old, there is a fire, your occasional invasion, all of these make it necessary to occasionally rebuild parts of cities. That is Tyre. That is Rome. That is even London.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114156 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

The Daughter of Tyre.

"You cannot teach what you do not know and you cannot lead where you will not go." - James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114157 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You are admitting that you lost.

Maybe you should try siding WITH the data some time.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114158 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is wrong with you?

"...that thou be not inhabited..."! You want to play the data bullshit game? Fine. The 'Lord' did NOT say "not inhabited for a little while". You figure your god didn't know what in the hell he was talking about?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114159 Apr 24, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just provide an example of confirming data from any one field, and you can bring this to a conclusion.

Since we have done this we can consider this concluded.

Thanks for your agreement.

Per the data a global flood never happened.

Next subject?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114160 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB, it seems you don't know the meaning of the word "data".
Also I quoted the verse to you that said it was never to be inhabited again. Okay, it did not specifically say never to be inhabited, but it did say the island was to be scraped bare and never to be rebuilt. Since most people like to live in homes I assumed that meant never to be inhabited again. Tyre has been rebuilt. There are buildings there today. Of course it was never scraped bare. Like most ancient cities it is built over its own ruins. Buildings get old, there is a fire, your occasional invasion, all of these make it necessary to occasionally rebuild parts of cities. That is Tyre. That is Rome. That is even London.
Hey, hey, hey! Stop using facts, history and logic! You know how much KAB hates that stuff.
KAB

United States

#114161 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It existed. But mistaking the mainland city for Tyre is the same sort of mistake as thinking that Newark, New Jersey is New York, New York. Similar names, relatively close to each other geographically, totally different cities.
Read the prophesy. It clearly is referring to the island city whenever it talks about Tyre and it calls the mainland cities "daughter cities" or "settlements" when it refers to the land based cities.
So, yes cities existed on the land. They were not Tyre.
Couldn't it actually be more like the mistake of Kansas City and Kansas City?
KAB

United States

#114162 Apr 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Zeke 26 14:
" 14 I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the Lord have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord."
Guess what. Like most ancient cities it has been rebuilt more than once. It is still occupied today.
The ruins of the old city are still there not rebuilt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 25 min Brian_G 6,209
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 42 min ChristineM 168,733
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Brian_G 19,765
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 14 hr Paul Porter1 197
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 14 hr Paul Porter1 561
three preventive measures for PID Thu qiu 1
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Jun 28 Chimney1 178,667
More from around the web