It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
112,041 - 112,060 of 134,162 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you providing confirmation of what the mainland city was known as in Nebuchadnezzar's day?

This has been done. The mainland was not the city proper.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The spare Tyre argument sure beats drawing an inappropriate conclusion.

Why don't you just provide some data?

The bible account does not support you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
Hey KAB, did you know there are more JW's in prison then atheists.
That's in percentage of total Population.
I'm not surprised.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised.

Why do you think members of the JW cult are more prone to committing crimes than the general population?

Because they are taught to lie or are they simply more disposed ot criminal behavior?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it is necessary to understand the data.

You don't seem to. You seem to understand that the data needs to agree with you or it is wrong. Further you understand that if the data is wrong it must be warped to fit your view.

This is not unique to you or even to your cult. All cult members, regardless of the nature of the cult, seem to have this same view.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just provide the data confirming they were humans hundreds of thousands of years ago.

I don't need to do this.

You need to prove there weren't.

Can you supply that data?

I knew you couldn't.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, if Mark Twain was God it would have been done differently.
Apparently if you had a brain you would think.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They really don't have much choice, do they? Push on or come to the realization that they have been duped.
snort.
Of course they have a choice. Their choice is fear and furtive self deception, and I muster neither excuse nor pity for it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
snort.
Of course they have a choice. Their choice is fear and furtive self deception, and I muster neither excuse nor pity for it.
Nor I.
who knows

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

If evolution is true how did birds out smart us they can fly. Beside everything that God created in animals has eyes ears nose mouth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

who knows wrote:
If evolution is true how did birds out smart us they can fly. Beside everything that God created in animals has eyes ears nose mouth.
WTF??
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
Ezekiel 30:10-11
“This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt by the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon. He and his army – the most ruthless of nations – will be brought in to destroy the land. They will draw their swords against Egypt and fill the land with the slain.”
Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering its people. In 568 BCE Nebuchadnezzar tried to conquer Egypt and Egypt survived with no apparent damage. Aahmes ruled for another generation over a prosperous Egypt and lived to see Nebuchadnezzar die. The Egyptians were never scattered or dispersed.
There's not much we can do with an assertion. Provide some data, and we'll have something to compare to the Bible record.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
There's not much we can do with an assertion. Provide some data, and we'll have something to compare to the Bible record.
Here is an article on it:

http://errancy.org/egypt.html

There are countless others. This site links this as a minor error and the failed Tyre prophesy as a major one.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It is a logical assumption that life today operates under the same principles as it did in the past. So far this has been supported by the evidence, unlike other fantastic ideas and religious dogma. Some of the geologists here can correct me, but I believe modern geology no longer holds to strict view of gradualism. None the less, all this supports evidence of natural processes following the laws of physics and chemistry and supported by evidence.
What laws of physics would be violated by a few percent change in Earth's surface occurring inside of 4500 years?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take it out of context. It also said that Nebby was a king of kings, meaning that when he attacked several nations would attack.
All of the verses describing the attack talk about how he will lead it and HIS men will be the ones doing the conquering.
There is no way you can claim that a much greater king, Alexander the Great, was one of Nebby's men.
Plus Tyre is still there today. It was not destroyed. Like all ancient cities it has been rebuilt several times.
You will always be entitled to your opinion, even when it's confirmed incorrect as in this case.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You will always be entitled to your opinion, even when it's confirmed incorrect as in this case.
What do you mean?

In the case of the Tyre prophesy I have hit it out of the park.

If you read the prophesy the "Tyre" they are talking about is the island city. It is not my opinion that Nebuchadnezzar failed, it is a historical fact. That was the prophecy.

Worse yet, people live on an island that has been rebuilt several times today. It is not a barren rock in the middle of the sea where fishermen dry their nets.

I have provided evidence for this time and time again. Do you want to get your butt reamed out by the facts again?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming that the laws of physics change willy-nilly leads to last Thursdayism. Also, it's not born out by the evidence. As soon as you have evidence that the laws of physics have changed fundamentally during the life of the planet Earth, however many years you suppose that to be, please present it. Until then, there is no reason to think such a thing is true.
I have invoked no change in the laws of physics, nor have any been confirmed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What laws of physics would be violated by a few percent change in Earth's surface occurring inside of 4500 years?
Probably all of them.

What exactly do you propose?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does your "Noah's flood occurred" methodology square with that? Everything that disqualifies it as real is downplayed or dismissed, and anything that in any way supports or fits with the narrative is trumpeted to the mountaintops and clung to tenaciously, as though your very existence depended on it. How is that not exactly confirmation bias?
I identify data which harmonizes with the global flood account. Should I leave that to you? I identify lack of confirmation in data provided to demonstrate the flood did not occur. Should I leave that to you? I have succeeded, whereas you have failed miserably, on both of the above. How would those points be represented if only those with your mindset were involved?
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have invoked no change in the laws of physics, nor have any been confirmed.
If you want Noah's flood to be true you do.
LowellGuy

Lawrence, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I identify data which harmonizes with the global flood account. Should I leave that to you? I identify lack of confirmation in data provided to demonstrate the flood did not occur. Should I leave that to you? I have succeeded, whereas you have failed miserably, on both of the above. How would those points be represented if only those with your mindset were involved?
So, only that which "harmonizes" with the flood story is confirmed, and all that refutes it is not confirmed.

Again, how is that not exactly confirmation bias?

No matter how you re-word it, that's what you do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••