It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#114106 Apr 23, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how do you account for there being no geological data to support the flood?
How do you account for geological data of humans hundreds of thousands of years ago?
How do you account for your reality?
Just provide the data confirming they were humans hundreds of thousands of years ago.
KAB

United States

#114107 Apr 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Uh-uh, KAB. Looks like we have some more records from 4500 years ago. Guess what? No mention of Noah's flood. Again.
http://www.livescience.com/28778-worlds-oldes...
What were you expecting given that there's no mention of anything except the discovery of the harbor and papyri?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114108 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just provide the data confirming they were humans hundreds of thousands of years ago.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/mod_homo_4.ht...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2...

Let the denials begin.
KAB

United States

#114109 Apr 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
"God made all the animals in a single day; he could have swept them all away in the flood and re-created them in one day when they were again needed.
Therefore it was an odd idea to save specimens of them for eleven months in the ark, whilst aware that eight persons could not feed or water them by any human possibility.
If they were to be preserved by miracle, the ark was not necessary - to let them swim would have answered the purpose and been more indubitably miraculous.-
Mark Twain, God of the Bible vs. God of the Present Day
Apparently, if Mark Twain was God it would have been done differently.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#114110 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just provide some data?
head scratcher...
You have to wonder how and why Infinite Force and the Law of Non-Contradiction did not "discover" KAB'S complete and utter bastardization of logic and proceed to spin screaming out of control?

Consider his stance in overview:
There is a complete and utter absence of proof that the flood (and a host of other events) happened, therefore it/they absolutely, certainly and definitely beyond any shadow of any doubt (probably) happened.
There is certain indisputable proof that the flood (and a host of other events) could not and did not happen, therefore the proof is not certain indisputable data and thus the Bible remains an inviolate and an unimpeachable "demonstrably reliable source."
Conversely, there is a preponderance of data supporting the Theory of Evolution as feasible, credible and sound, but due to "missing links," the ToE is devoid of ANY proof and unequivocally did/does not happen.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114111 Apr 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
head scratcher...
You have to wonder how and why Infinite Force and the Law of Non-Contradiction did not "discover" KAB'S complete and utter bastardization of logic and proceed to spin screaming out of control?
Consider his stance in overview:
There is a complete and utter absence of proof that the flood (and a host of other events) happened, therefore it/they absolutely, certainly and definitely beyond any shadow of any doubt (probably) happened.
There is certain indisputable proof that the flood (and a host of other events) could not and did not happen, therefore the proof is not certain indisputable data and thus the Bible remains an inviolate and an unimpeachable "demonstrably reliable source."
Conversely, there is a preponderance of data supporting the Theory of Evolution as feasible, credible and sound, but due to "missing links," the ToE is devoid of ANY proof and unequivocally did/does not happen.
From creation.com :

"By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information."

Any questions?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#114112 Apr 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
From creation.com :
"By definition, no apparent, perceived or claimed evidence in any field, including history and chronology, can be valid if it contradicts the Scriptural record. Of primary importance is the fact that evidence is always subject to interpretation by fallible people who do not possess all information."
Any questions?
You mean aside from, "Why are these people allowed to vote?"
It would appear that questions are verboten, so I'll let someone else ask.

http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#114113 Apr 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
From creation.com :
Any questions?
This attitude explains why creatards like rusty and others will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend such failed prophecies as the Tyre prophecy. Prophecies are supposed to be of significant events. The only way they can make the prophesy "come true" at least for the defeat of Tyre is to make the defeat of Tyre a nonsignificant event. In other words to "prove" the prophecy they have to turn it into an every day event. They stretch out the time period so long that you cannot find another city in the area that had not been conquered too.

A simple analogy: The prediction "You will seen a car with a yellow stripe." Is similar to what the actual prophecy says. It says that many nations under Nebuchadnezzar would destroy Tyre forever. He didn't. He never entered the city proper. His siege ultimately failed. To make the prophecy come true, at least somewhat, they have to extend the time period and who would attack the city to Alexander the Great. Now our original prediction of "You will see a red car with a yellow stripe on it" has been changed to "You will see a red car." It is no longer a significant prophecy. It is merely a statement of fact. Try to drive any significant distance without seeing a red car. Try to find a major city in that area in that era that was not defeated over a 300 year period.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114114 Apr 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that questions are verboten, so I'll let someone else ask.
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/...
http://www.bangitout.com/uploads/26574407246_...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114115 Apr 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.religifake.com/image/religion/smal...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114116 Apr 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This attitude explains why creatards like rusty and others will go through all sorts of mental gymnastics to defend such failed prophecies as the Tyre prophecy.
They really don't have much choice, do they? Push on or come to the realization that they have been duped.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114117 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't you providing confirmation of what the mainland city was known as in Nebuchadnezzar's day?

This has been done. The mainland was not the city proper.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114118 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The spare Tyre argument sure beats drawing an inappropriate conclusion.

Why don't you just provide some data?

The bible account does not support you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114119 Apr 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Hey KAB, did you know there are more JW's in prison then atheists.
That's in percentage of total Population.
I'm not surprised.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised.

Why do you think members of the JW cult are more prone to committing crimes than the general population?

Because they are taught to lie or are they simply more disposed ot criminal behavior?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114120 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it is necessary to understand the data.

You don't seem to. You seem to understand that the data needs to agree with you or it is wrong. Further you understand that if the data is wrong it must be warped to fit your view.

This is not unique to you or even to your cult. All cult members, regardless of the nature of the cult, seem to have this same view.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114121 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't need to do this.

You need to prove there weren't.

Can you supply that data?

I knew you couldn't.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114122 Apr 23, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, if Mark Twain was God it would have been done differently.
Apparently if you had a brain you would think.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#114123 Apr 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
They really don't have much choice, do they? Push on or come to the realization that they have been duped.
snort.
Of course they have a choice. Their choice is fear and furtive self deception, and I muster neither excuse nor pity for it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#114124 Apr 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
snort.
Of course they have a choice. Their choice is fear and furtive self deception, and I muster neither excuse nor pity for it.
Nor I.
who knows

Duluth, GA

#114125 Apr 23, 2013
If evolution is true how did birds out smart us they can fly. Beside everything that God created in animals has eyes ears nose mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Aura Mytha 134,780
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) 1 hr Kong_ 998
How would creationists explain... 6 hr Dogen 449
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 13,641
Intelligent Design: Still Dead [EvolutionBlog] 10 hr geezerjock 1
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 10 hr The Dude 514
Evolutionists staes that white people are more ... (Jun '06) 14 hr spiderlover 77
More from around the web