It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 143913 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113863 Apr 11, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You almost certainly asserted I was wrong. You virtually always do. You did not show that I was wrong. If you even attempted to show I was wrong (i.e., with data), and I saw it, I assure you I responded as I always do. Your side also consistently doesn't go back to get the proof to confirm your assertions. That's to be expected from those who know either for sure or that it's very likely the proof isn't there.

Nice Job. If you are going to lie do so in the most flagrant and flamboyant way possible. Very well done.

But still a lie. I provide data on a daily basis and you ignore it or try the hand wave technique. You still have not answered at least a hundred questions of mine and maintain your 10% response rate (with a 1% relevant response rate) to questions and data filled posts.

***You are the master of projection***

You are the guy who seldom provides data yet accuses others of not providing data.

You are the guy who claims to always respond to data but seldom ever does.

You are the guy who claims to have the facts on his side but can never actually provide many of them.

You are the guy who asserts about others only providing assertions.

You are the guy who has no proof but accuses others of the same.

Aside from actual lying, projection is your next best stock in trade.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113864 Apr 11, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He has nothing but a perky soft shoe routine.
Historically, fundamentalists would far rather burn whole people than to have their own feet held to the fire.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am referring to post-flood increased land peak elevations above sea level of many thousands of feet, and much greater average ocean depths.
I only expound on what I know and can provide data to confirm, and you are correct about the Bible not being a scientific text. It is also not in conflict with what has been confirmed by science.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113865 Apr 11, 2013
Sorry 'bout the multiple posts - some kinda kludge happened.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113866 Apr 11, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
He has nothing but a perky soft shoe routine.
You have to admire KAB's M.O. He asserts something (usually ridiculous) and provides no data at all to back it up. Someone says he's wrong. KAB immediately replies that no data has been supplied to prove him wrong.

Tricky Dick Nixon would be so proud.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113867 Apr 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to admire KAB's M.O. He asserts something (usually ridiculous) and provides no data at all to back it up. Someone says he's wrong. KAB immediately replies that no data has been supplied to prove him wrong.
Tricky Dick Nixon would be so proud.

Except we don't buy it and we keep calling him on it.

It is more like a rope-a-dope where a hologram takes the place of a real boxer in the ring.

I don't call him "Mr. Chicken Feces" for nothing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113868 Apr 11, 2013
More for KAB to run from:

"The Watchtower Society claims that certain words are inserted with [brackets] within
the New World Translation to make for smoother reading in English. They also claim
these "inserted words" do not change the meaning of the original text. "

RE: New World Translation.Colossians 1:16,17

The verses here from Colossians
are a striking example of the
Watchtower Society's intentional
alteration of the actual Greek
Scriptures. The word [other] was
inserted four times to make it
appear that Jesus was created
first by Jehovah, and then Jesus
was used by Jehovah to create all
other things in the universe. This
is of course to support their
unorthodox teachings that Jesus
was merely a created being and
not God."

"Interestingly, within the Watchtower Society's own
publication (The Kingdom Interlinear Translation
of the Greek Scriptures) the word "other" does not
appear within the actual Greek translation of
Colossians 1:16 and 17."

"How can the Society acknowledge the original Greek text, yet insert a word that clearly
does not belong? The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (the
above publication that all Jehovah's Witnesses should spend more time reading)
includes an appendix for the reader to understand why the Society interprets the
Scriptures the way they do. However, the Society's translation of these particular verses
from Colossians do not contain an explanation of the insertion [other]. The reader is
simply cross-referenced to the verses at Luke 11:41,42, where they will also see the
word [other] erroneously inserted with no explanation as to why?"

http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/neww...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113869 Apr 11, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You almost certainly asserted I was wrong. You virtually always do. You did not show that I was wrong. If you even attempted to show I was wrong (i.e., with data), and I saw it, I assure you I responded as I always do. Your side also consistently doesn't go back to get the proof to confirm your assertions. That's to be expected from those who know either for sure or that it's very likely the proof isn't there.
I have shown that you were wrong every time we got into a discussion.

By the way, for most of your idiotic ideas data is not needed to debunk them, simple logic will do.

You make idiotic claim after idiotic claim and forget all of the ones that have been debunked.

The simple fact that there IS NO EVIDENCE for a world wide flood debunks it in the first place.

You are the one making the claim, it is up to you to defend your claim not us.

Moron.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113870 Apr 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Sorry 'bout the multiple posts - some kinda kludge happened.
I do not seen multiple posts. I have had that bug hit me too. It takes more than one try to get a post to go through and then I find more than one of them. Somehow the system self corrects and deletes one of my multiples eventually.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113871 Apr 11, 2013
Arrrgh!! Edit "seen" to "see".

This site needs an edit function to allow corrections for typos and wandering fingers.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113872 Apr 11, 2013
KAB

DATA:
http://www.soundwitness.org/jw/a_glaring_exam...

Has the Watchtower cult corrected this glitch yet?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113873 Apr 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Arrrgh!! Edit "seen" to "see".
This site needs an edit function to allow corrections for typos and wandering fingers.

This site needs a lot of things. Yahoo had better technology 10 years ago. To bad that part of the site was not profitable and they shut it down.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#113874 Apr 11, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm prepared to be convinced, so provide some confirming data rather than just making assertions. And, before you tell me to do my own homework, be advised I do so constantly and haven't found such data yet. You have an opportunity to shortcut the process.
Ahem, to repeat for the nth time

- The antarctic ice cores alone, going back more than 600,000 years, prove that there was no worldwide inundation of flood waters any time since the origin of Homo Sapiens.

- But added to that - a massive set of independently confirming data from the magnetic polarities on the earth showing millions of years of slow plate drift

- to the crinoid beds, hundreds and sometimes thousands of feet thick made up of the crushed shells of countless tiny crinoids

- slow depositing shales thousands of feet thick. etc etc.

- Tectonic analysis shows the movement, magnetic analysis shows the rate, still measurable today, plus rock composition and fossil evidence shows the timing and the journey.

There is only one coherent explanation for all this, and it precludes any idea that less than 10,000 years ago, the seas were all shallower and the mountains far lower.

Your hypothesis is just stupendously silly. End of story (again).

We have given you reams of data.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#113875 Apr 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have shown that you {KAB}were wrong every time we got into a discussion.
Yes, but you have only done so according to the rules of reason and fact, and that is just not good enough.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#113876 Apr 11, 2013
Dogen wrote:
More for KAB to run from:
"The Watchtower Society claims that certain words are inserted with [brackets] within
the New World Translation to make for smoother reading in English. They also claim
these "inserted words" do not change the meaning of the original text. "
RE: New World Translation.Colossians 1:16,17
The verses here from Colossians
are a striking example of the
Watchtower Society's intentional
alteration of the actual Greek
Scriptures. The word [other] was
inserted four times to make it
appear that Jesus was created
first by Jehovah, and then Jesus
was used by Jehovah to create all
other things in the universe. This
is of course to support their
unorthodox teachings that Jesus
was merely a created being and
not God."
"Interestingly, within the Watchtower Society's own
publication (The Kingdom Interlinear Translation
of the Greek Scriptures) the word "other" does not
appear within the actual Greek translation of
Colossians 1:16 and 17."
"How can the Society acknowledge the original Greek text, yet insert a word that clearly
does not belong? The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures (the
above publication that all Jehovah's Witnesses should spend more time reading)
includes an appendix for the reader to understand why the Society interprets the
Scriptures the way they do. However, the Society's translation of these particular verses
from Colossians do not contain an explanation of the insertion [other]. The reader is
simply cross-referenced to the verses at Luke 11:41,42, where they will also see the
word [other] erroneously inserted with no explanation as to why?"
http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/neww...
Bash to fit, file to finish, paint to hide.

Sheesh.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113877 Apr 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wasn't scraped bare. Where did you get that idea from?
And it was never to be inhabited again, it has always been inhabited.
And worst, the wrong person defeated Tyre. The defeat did not occur until about 300 years after the prophecy. That is not a prophecy at all. It was aimed at the king of the time, not some unknown future king.
The Tyre prophesy is the worst failure of all prophesies in the Bible and it is fun to watch fundies twist and turn in trying to defend it.
If you would admit Zeke effed up we wouldn't be able to constantly laugh at you for this giant faux pas.
Here's what not providing data gets you,

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/battleswa...

Imagine what this does to your credibility.

Also, doesn't the prophecy actually state never to be rebuilt?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113878 Apr 11, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The error is on your part. The Tyre prophesy always referred to the island city. Not the smaller less important land based city.

Conflating the two like the authors of that article have is the same as conflating Newark, New Jersey for New York, New York.

Plus Alexander the Great was the wrong conqueror. He was about 300 years too late. The conqueror who never defeated Tyre, and yet was supposed to was Nebuchadnezzar. Earlier Chimney1 used the example of predicting that you would see a red car on a rainy day. Trying to stretch out Zeke's prediction that long in a war torn area is on the same order as Chimney1's prediction. The fact that it came true is not surprising at all.

So the city of Tyre is still alive and healthy. The hamlet that was scrapped was never the city of the prophecy. That is a double fail for you KAB. Perhaps you should do your homework before declaring victory.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113879 Apr 11, 2013
And yes, Tyre was supposed to be never occupied again. You can read this treatment of the subject:

http://www.theskepticalreview.com/tsrmag/992t...

The king of Tyre who the prophesy was aimed at was not destroyed by Nebuchadnezzar. He gave Tyre quite a bit of trouble but he fell short of the prophecy.

Apologists try to shit the prediction to Alexander the great, but as I said, that was 300 years after the fact and that someone finally defeated Tyre after a period of 300 years of warfare back and forth across the region is no great prophesy at all.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113880 Apr 11, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

YOU LOSE AGAIN, LIAR!

Go back and look at what I told you. The Prophecy, AS STATED IN THE BIBLE, FAILED!

Ezekiel 26:7

LOSER!

Move out!

Just keep tipping your hand. It's working nicely so far. However, I'm sure we are reaching the point of diminishing returns with regard to any objective observers. Except where I think there's something new and meaningful likely to be gained, you won't be getting responses. You have shown clearly that your assertions are consistently incorrect, so at this point there's generally nothing compelling a response no matter what you assert.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113881 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can only suggest this based on colossal ignorance of the geological knowledge we now possess.
The antarctic ice cores alone, going back more than 600,000 years, prove that there was no worldwide inundation of flood waters any time since the origin of Homo Sapiens.
But added to that - a massive set of independently confirming data from the magnetic polarities on the earth to the cinoid beds, hundreds and sometimes thousands of feet thick made up of the crushed shells of countless tiny crinoids...slow depositing shales thousands of feet thick. etc etc.
Tectonic analysis shows the movement, magnetic analysis shows the rate, still measurable today, plus rock composition and fossil evidence shows the timing and the journey.
There is only one coherent explanation for all this, and it precludes any idea that less than 10,000 years ago, the seas were all shallower and the mountains far lower.
Your hypothesis is just stupendously silly. End of story.
It's not even beginning of story. You provided no data, not even for the Antarctic 600,000. I don't think that's even 600,000 measurable parametric fluctuations.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113882 Apr 11, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't the repeated failure to get it right suggest the following to any objective viewer?
1. Your lot are not very good at interpreting scripture.
AND / OR
2. The scripture is so woolly and imprecise that accurate analysis of it and hence useful prediction is impossible.
And verily I say to you KAB, that will one day see a Red Car on a Rainy Day. When it happens, don't come beating down my door, though you will remember my prophecy.
None of the correct understanding has been mentioned, so you have no basis for an objective assessment. BTW, is the Red Car prophecy comparable to the Ezekiel Tyre prophecy? If so, explain how. Indeed, the Red Car prophecy is imprecise. A major proportion of cars are red, and a major proportion of days are rainy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 38 min NoahLovesU 178,691
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr woodtick57 173,507
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) 4 hr Chilli J 13
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) 11 hr Chimney1 583
News Intelligent design 12 hr Paul Porter1 22
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 12 hr Paul Porter1 421
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? 12 hr Paul Porter1 56
More from around the web