It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151366 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#113764 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
More assertions, but still no specific confirming data examples.
The continued existence of 3 incompatible Abrahamic religions, each split into a multitude of competing and mutually incompatible sects, is data enough for my assertion.

Your religions and sects of religions have no empirical grounds on which to develop a consensus.

In science, on the other hand "schisms" - disagreements - are corrected in the long run by new data.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#113765 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a dataless assertion. We have real-time present quantified experience with tsunamis, as you noted.
You might remember this:
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A vertical shift of only 50 feet caused the 2004 tsunami. The shifts you propose are many orders of magnitude beyond that and would leave obvious and overwhelming physical evidence. What source states significant differences in mountain heights and oceanic depths pre-flood?
To which you replied:
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsunamis are destructive in their interaction with shorelines. Imagine Tsunamis with no land above water. Also, one source states that vertical shifts of 50 feet occur virtually instantaneously. The Himalayas are rather striking, don't you think?
So where is the friggin *DATA* for the 'no land above water' assertion? With your nonexistent 'stealth flood' data?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#113766 Apr 9, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Infinite Force's Law of Non-Contradiction is actually:
"If something contradicts me, IF, I am absolutely sure it must be wrong".
But because he is batshit insane, he does not realise this, ad nobody can explain it to him.
ROFL.

Oh, is THAT how he's applying the term?

Still laffin.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#113767 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsunamis during and/or resulting from the global flood would have been rather innocuous for those on the ark.
There's a species of giant tarantula, just discovered last week, on Sri Lanka.

Thing's a foot across.

Noah somehow found two of those?

Poecilotheria rajaei

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/gian...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#113768 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a dataless assertion. We have real-time present quantified experience with tsunamis, as you noted.
Here's some data you might be able to grasp:

"Woe unto he who listeneth only to the words of his elders, but learneth not." - Ecc I:11

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113769 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Continuing your tradition of quoteless misrepresentation, I see.

Accusing others of misrepresentation? You sure that is the way you want to go? Really?!

KAB wrote:
<quoted text> The analysis was restricted to depth of water required to fully mix available dirt.

And you successfully demonstrated how to make mud.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113770 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
So you accept the parameters as correct?

Continuing your tradition of quoteless misrepresentation, I see.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113771 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He's also OCD, and flat wrong.

Flat wrong I will buy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113772 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami
"Tsunamis have a small amplitude (wave height) offshore, and a very long wavelength (often hundreds of kilometres long, whereas normal ocean waves have a wavelength of only 30 or 40 metres),[22] which is why they generally pass unnoticed at sea, forming only a slight swell usually about 300 millimetres (12 in) above the normal sea surface. They grow in height when they reach shallower water, in a wave shoaling process described below. A tsunami can occur in any tidal state and even at low tide can still inundate coastal areas."
What's your point?

The only point KAB has is the dunce cap he is wearing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113773 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsunamis during and/or resulting from the global flood would have been rather innocuous for those on the ark.

And Jack would not have needed oxygen tanks to climb the bean stalk.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113774 Apr 9, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... Proposed effect of imaginary tsunami on imaginary boat during imaginary flood. Innocuous for sure. Good call.

Isn't playing make believe fun!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113775 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Another lie. And you were having such a good day.

so sad.

We have no data on the size or type of tsunamis that would be generated in a make believe global flood.

If you can't account for the ACTUAL data (no flood, civilizations concurrently occurring,......... then you might as well be telling childrens stories at your local library.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#113776 Apr 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat wrong I will buy.
*sigh*
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113777 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
But not extrapolated to your global flood. Much like your demand for one year resolution. AKA Absurd.
What are you trying to visualize, a 20,000 foot uplift in one day? If so , why?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113778 Apr 9, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The continued existence of 3 incompatible Abrahamic religions, each split into a multitude of competing and mutually incompatible sects, is data enough for my assertion.
Your religions and sects of religions have no empirical grounds on which to develop a consensus.
In science, on the other hand "schisms" - disagreements - are corrected in the long run by new data.
The religion issue was long ago "corrected" by the Bible. You can read about it, in part at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 and Revelation chapter 18.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113779 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You might remember this:
<quoted text>
To which you replied:
<quoted text>
So where is the friggin *DATA* for the 'no land above water' assertion? With your nonexistent 'stealth flood' data?
I just responded to the erroneous assertion that the global flood couldn't abide the tsunamis. In other words, if there was a global flood, tsunamis need not be a problem.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113780 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to visualize, a 20,000 foot uplift in one day? If so , why?

Why are you making up words an putting them in other peoples mouths?

Dishonest much?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113781 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The religion issue was long ago "corrected" by the Bible. You can read about it, in part at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 and Revelation chapter 18.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 is a nice description of the Watchtower cult.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113782 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There's a species of giant tarantula, just discovered last week, on Sri Lanka.
Thing's a foot across.
Noah somehow found two of those?
Poecilotheria rajaei
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/gian...
Perhaps their smaller cousins.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113783 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Here's some data you might be able to grasp:
"Woe unto he who listeneth only to the words of his elders, but learneth not." - Ecc I:11
Do you have some specific elders and youngers in mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 min thetruth 14,988
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Chimney1 35,469
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 199,525
Complex Systems May Evolve More Slowly - Calcul... 5 hr Creationtruth 3
Evolution is merely a subroutine 6 hr Creationtruth 1
My Story Part 1 7 hr Regolith Based Li... 3
the dinosaurs of the lega-warega people: racial... 18 hr MIDutch 2
More from around the web