It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 169760 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#113771 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>He's also OCD, and flat wrong.

Flat wrong I will buy.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113772 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsunami
"Tsunamis have a small amplitude (wave height) offshore, and a very long wavelength (often hundreds of kilometres long, whereas normal ocean waves have a wavelength of only 30 or 40 metres),[22] which is why they generally pass unnoticed at sea, forming only a slight swell usually about 300 millimetres (12 in) above the normal sea surface. They grow in height when they reach shallower water, in a wave shoaling process described below. A tsunami can occur in any tidal state and even at low tide can still inundate coastal areas."
What's your point?

The only point KAB has is the dunce cap he is wearing.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113773 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsunamis during and/or resulting from the global flood would have been rather innocuous for those on the ark.

And Jack would not have needed oxygen tanks to climb the bean stalk.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113774 Apr 9, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm... Proposed effect of imaginary tsunami on imaginary boat during imaginary flood. Innocuous for sure. Good call.

Isn't playing make believe fun!

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113775 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a dataless assertion. We have real-time present quantified experience with tsunamis, as you noted.

Another lie. And you were having such a good day.

so sad.

We have no data on the size or type of tsunamis that would be generated in a make believe global flood.

If you can't account for the ACTUAL data (no flood, civilizations concurrently occurring,......... then you might as well be telling childrens stories at your local library.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#113776 Apr 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Flat wrong I will buy.
*sigh*
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113777 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
But not extrapolated to your global flood. Much like your demand for one year resolution. AKA Absurd.
What are you trying to visualize, a 20,000 foot uplift in one day? If so , why?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113778 Apr 9, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The continued existence of 3 incompatible Abrahamic religions, each split into a multitude of competing and mutually incompatible sects, is data enough for my assertion.
Your religions and sects of religions have no empirical grounds on which to develop a consensus.
In science, on the other hand "schisms" - disagreements - are corrected in the long run by new data.
The religion issue was long ago "corrected" by the Bible. You can read about it, in part at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 and Revelation chapter 18.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113779 Apr 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You might remember this:
<quoted text>
To which you replied:
<quoted text>
So where is the friggin *DATA* for the 'no land above water' assertion? With your nonexistent 'stealth flood' data?
I just responded to the erroneous assertion that the global flood couldn't abide the tsunamis. In other words, if there was a global flood, tsunamis need not be a problem.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113780 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to visualize, a 20,000 foot uplift in one day? If so , why?

Why are you making up words an putting them in other peoples mouths?

Dishonest much?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113781 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The religion issue was long ago "corrected" by the Bible. You can read about it, in part at 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 and Revelation chapter 18.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 is a nice description of the Watchtower cult.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113782 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>There's a species of giant tarantula, just discovered last week, on Sri Lanka.
Thing's a foot across.
Noah somehow found two of those?
Poecilotheria rajaei
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/gian...
Perhaps their smaller cousins.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113783 Apr 9, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Here's some data you might be able to grasp:
"Woe unto he who listeneth only to the words of his elders, but learneth not." - Ecc I:11
Do you have some specific elders and youngers in mind?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113784 Apr 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusing others of misrepresentation? You sure that is the way you want to go? Really?!
<quoted text>
And you successfully demonstrated how to make mud.
Yes, as I recall the lesson is that beyond a certain point, additional depth of water doesn't stir anymore dirt.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113785 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps their smaller cousins.

So evolution is true.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113786 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have some specific elders and youngers in mind?

How about cults less than 200 years old being the youngers....

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113787 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as I recall the lesson is that beyond a certain point, additional depth of water doesn't stir anymore dirt.

Duh. Making mud is less obvious than that.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113788 Apr 9, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
How about cults less than 200 years old being the youngers....
How about an instruction manual 2,000 years old representing the elders?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113789 Apr 9, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How about an instruction manual 2,000 years old representing the elders?

How about a forged translation of that manual done by amateurs?

James

Mesquite, NV

#113790 Apr 9, 2013
The world's highest mountain is currently at 8,848 metres above sea level - Genesis makes it clear that the highest peaks were covered.

The average depth of the oceans, which contain 96.5% of the world's water, is 3,790 metres

The surface area of the Earth is 510,072,000 km2.

There is 24,064,000 km³ of water in ice sheets and glaciers (as the density of ice is greater than that of water, this is equilavent to 22, 138,880 km³). If all this ice melted, it would cover the entire Earth's surface to a depth of 23 metres.

If all the water in the atmosphere was on the Earth, that would cover the Earth with an average of 2.5cm.

There simply has never been enough water on Earth to cover the highest mountains.

Factoring in the average height above sea level of the continents (840 metres), I think you would need nearly four times more water than exists...an additional 4.0847×10^9 km^3.

Genesis says that it rained for 40 days and 40 nights...to reach as high as the top of Everest in that time would require a rainfall rate of approximately 139,028 mm of rain a minute. The highest precipitation rate ever recorded was only 38 mm in one minute...and wasn't for 40 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 hr Samuel Patre 95,363
The “cumulative evidence” problem 3 hr jla2w 30
Hawaiian Volcanic Eruptions and Prophetic Catac... 6 hr Rose_NoHo 21
Genetic Study proves 90 percent of animals appe... 6 hr JUST SAYING 63
List what words of Jesus (the Creator) you evol... 11 hr Rose_NoHo 97
E equals MC squared Sun Jim Ryan 15
News Just So: The Microbe-To-Man Evolution Story Is ... Jun 16 Elganned 1