It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Read more
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113574 Apr 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Do you really think a being that is intelligent enough to create the entire universe would be so arrogant and petty that He would have people suffer for ETERNITY if they won’t be his cheerleader?
http://www.irreligion.org/wp-content/uploads/...
Does this not give you a sense that this dogma is just made-up crap?
It sure does to me.
What makes you think he's going to have them suffer for eternity (Ecclesiastes 9:5)?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113575 Apr 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So essentially you are a Young Human Creationists. You believe everything the YEC's do, just not the part about the earth being very young.
Because you believe the Day-Age theory?
How do you account for all the stuff we know about the ancient world? You know, stuff like: Jericho being about 9,000 years old, us having Neanderthal genes--when they died out about 30,000 years ago, humans skulls/bones from 200,000 years ago, China and Japan's old civilizations, aborigines in Australia 40,000 years ago, cave painting's in Spain and France that date back well over 15,000 years, the plentiful evidence that humans populated the Americas 15,000+ years ago?
Of course all that is only the tip of the iceberg. The proofs we have for a long line of humans on earth is overwhelming and I find it impossible to think that maybe all of this is wrong and you and other fundamentalists are right.
Note that what you find impossible to believe (incredulity) is all presented in summary and conclusions, no data. Start providing specific data, and let's see where the reality leads. Start with any specific data item you want.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113576 Apr 5, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>I would join you if you were sincere about being focused on data. I have watched you long KAB; you are focused on cherry picking data, and creating smoke screens, confusions and mis-directions when the data wont support your case. But you are a master at that - I will grant you that. Join you? I am afraid not, but I enjoy watching you.
Since you state you've been watching and obviously are not on my side, here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts? I hope you're courageous enough to realize that this is for his ultimate good. The sooner and more he comes to grips with the reality the more therapeutic it will be for him. I'm concerned he may not see the forest for his own trees. Do you want to share the responsibility for leaving him there?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#113577 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think he's going to have them suffer for eternity (Ecclesiastes 9:5)?
Try that on a Southern Baptist..:-)

Level 9

Long Beach

#113578 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to a Southern Baptist..:-)

Those were not my words by the way. If you actually go to the site you'll see it is a joke/cartoon

Level 9

Long Beach

#113579 Apr 5, 2013
What the hell????

Sorry admin, I have no clue how that happened
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113580 Apr 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Try that on a Southern Baptist..:-)
Are they Christians? Keep in mind that by definition the standard against which that assessment must be made is the Bible.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113581 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they Christians? Keep in mind that by definition the standard against which that assessment must be made is the Bible.
By those standards even Hitler was a Christian, which of course he was.

Level 9

Long Beach

#113582 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we all know that only Jehovah's Witnesses fit the definition of 'true' Christians....don't we?

Level 9

Long Beach

#113583 Apr 5, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>I would join you if you were sincere about being focused on data. I have watched you long KAB; you are focused on cherry picking data, and creating smoke screens, confusions and mis-directions when the data wont support your case. But you are a master at that - I will grant you that. Join you? I am afraid not, but I enjoy watching you.
I believe this is a new 'digital tactic' to bring disinformation about Christianity into the consumers homes and make them want to speak to the door-to-door people because they don't know whats true anymore..:-)

Level 9

Long Beach

#113584 Apr 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
how do account for humans being around a lot longer than that?
How do you account for a flood while civilization went along uninterrupted?
As per typical, the facts are not your friends.
Yeah, have we ever read a history book about our pre-historic past and been told that all these civilizations had a long break while they were recovering from the 'Great Noachian Flood" That they had to wait until one of the 'Noah Brothers' came to their area of the world and restart life there....took thousands of years I hear.

Let's see now....when did that dang 'Flood' happen? Oh yeah 2350 +- BC. Still waitin' for those T-Rex bones to show up.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#113585 Apr 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, have we ever read a history book about our pre-historic past and been told that all these civilizations had a long break while they were recovering from the 'Great Noachian Flood" That they had to wait until one of the 'Noah Brothers' came to their area of the world and restart life there....took thousands of years I hear.
Let's see now....when did that dang 'Flood' happen? Oh yeah 2350 +- BC. Still waitin' for those T-Rex bones to show up.
I'd settle for a Pre-Cambrian rabbit.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113586 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

I would count this as a quote-mine (lie).

In broader context this is just another JW mythunderstanding.

Not a great article, but it does highlight a number of the JW errors.

http://www.truthmagazine.com/archives/volume3...

Of course, part of the problem is that you are working from a bad translation.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113587 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Note that what you find impossible to believe (incredulity) is all presented in summary and conclusions, no data. Start providing specific data, and let's see where the reality leads. Start with any specific data item you want.

Now there you go again. You rarely put up data, you run from questions because you can't answer them and you lie habitually.

As rpk put it

" you are focused on cherry picking data, and creating smoke screens, confusions and mis-directions when the data wont support your case. But you are a master at that - I will grant you that. Join you? I am afraid not, but I enjoy watching you".

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113588 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you state you've been watching and obviously are not on my side, here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts? I hope you're courageous enough to realize that this is for his ultimate good. The sooner and more he comes to grips with the reality the more therapeutic it will be for him. I'm concerned he may not see the forest for his own trees. Do you want to share the responsibility for leaving him there?

But for all your lying you still do have a sense of humor.

However, in your humor you still leaked an important point:

"here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts?"

I challenge him likewise. I have the data on my side and any objective person will see that easily.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113589 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how high the tallest mountains were.
That is insufficient data. I asked for a comprehensive description. You defined neither the depth of the water accumulation nor its source(s). "Substantial change in Earth's contours" and "much more pronounced post-flood variations" are vague and could be subject to misinterpretation. Describe those "substantial changes in Earth's contours" and the "much more pronounced post-flood variations" to which you refer.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113590 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Compared to the Watchtower cult?

If yes then the bar is very low.

But based on what we know of the teachings of Yeshua, then no. Neither are even close.

Jesus never made lying part of his church.

Jesus never made avoiding people of different beliefs part of his teaching.

Nor did he ever suggest that they were evil for attending someones funeral or wedding.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113591 Apr 6, 2013
Is everybody aware that KAB can't actually answer much?

Does everyone see that nearly all his posts are in the form of a dodge, misdirection, smokescreen?

Does anyone not perceive why he does this?

Having nothing to offer but lies is a sad state to be in.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#113592 Apr 6, 2013
TO DOGEN AND FOLLOWERS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS A NON-FIXED SPECIES IDENTIFIED AS A PSEUDO-SCIENCE and verified by the law of non-contradiction!

>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

O.k. Dogen, observe and read the responses that think like you as I speak in absolute truths. I hope as a mental health professional you will change your ways.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113593 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
TO DOGEN AND FOLLOWERS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS A NON-FIXED SPECIES IDENTIFIED AS A PSEUDO-SCIENCE and verified by the law of non-contradiction!
>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
O.k. Dogen, observe and read the responses that think like you as I speak in absolute truths. I hope as a mental health professional you will change your ways.
You can repeat that nonsense as often as you like, but your so called law of noncontradiction has nothing to do with evolution at all.
Since evolution is observed several different ways it is clear that you are misapplying your law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min dirtclod 154,637
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 1 hr Chimney1 901
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Ooogah Boogah 178,093
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 17,917
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Thu Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Thu MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Wed Paul Porter1 1
More from around the web