It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164261 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113588 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you state you've been watching and obviously are not on my side, here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts? I hope you're courageous enough to realize that this is for his ultimate good. The sooner and more he comes to grips with the reality the more therapeutic it will be for him. I'm concerned he may not see the forest for his own trees. Do you want to share the responsibility for leaving him there?

But for all your lying you still do have a sense of humor.

However, in your humor you still leaked an important point:

"here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts?"

I challenge him likewise. I have the data on my side and any objective person will see that easily.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113589 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how high the tallest mountains were.
That is insufficient data. I asked for a comprehensive description. You defined neither the depth of the water accumulation nor its source(s). "Substantial change in Earth's contours" and "much more pronounced post-flood variations" are vague and could be subject to misinterpretation. Describe those "substantial changes in Earth's contours" and the "much more pronounced post-flood variations" to which you refer.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#113590 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Are they Christians? Keep in mind that by definition the standard against which that assessment must be made is the Bible.

Compared to the Watchtower cult?

If yes then the bar is very low.

But based on what we know of the teachings of Yeshua, then no. Neither are even close.

Jesus never made lying part of his church.

Jesus never made avoiding people of different beliefs part of his teaching.

Nor did he ever suggest that they were evil for attending someones funeral or wedding.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#113591 Apr 6, 2013
Is everybody aware that KAB can't actually answer much?

Does everyone see that nearly all his posts are in the form of a dodge, misdirection, smokescreen?

Does anyone not perceive why he does this?

Having nothing to offer but lies is a sad state to be in.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#113592 Apr 6, 2013
TO DOGEN AND FOLLOWERS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS A NON-FIXED SPECIES IDENTIFIED AS A PSEUDO-SCIENCE and verified by the law of non-contradiction!

>>>> http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

O.k. Dogen, observe and read the responses that think like you as I speak in absolute truths. I hope as a mental health professional you will change your ways.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113593 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
TO DOGEN AND FOLLOWERS OF THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS A NON-FIXED SPECIES IDENTIFIED AS A PSEUDO-SCIENCE and verified by the law of non-contradiction!
O.k. Dogen, observe and read the responses that think like you as I speak in absolute truths. I hope as a mental health professional you will change your ways.
You can repeat that nonsense as often as you like, but your so called law of noncontradiction has nothing to do with evolution at all.
Since evolution is observed several different ways it is clear that you are misapplying your law.

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Lansdale, PA

#113594 Apr 6, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you state you've been watching and obviously are not on my side, here's an objectivity, sincerity, and loyalty test all rolled into one for you. What have you observed regarding Dogen and the veracity of his assertions, especially related to when he directly challenges me to prove him wrong regarding content of previous posts? I hope you're courageous enough to realize that this is for his ultimate good. The sooner and more he comes to grips with the reality the more therapeutic it will be for him. I'm concerned he may not see the forest for his own trees. Do you want to share the responsibility for leaving him there?
If I wanted to discuss Dogen's behavior or actions or my observations of him, I would prefer to do that directly with Dogen. Anyway, I have not paid that close attention to Dogen. As I said before you are a very good debater, so I paid attention to you.
I would say that this was a clumpsy attempt to draw me into a debate. You should really pay attention to your own grip on reality.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#113595 Apr 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You can repeat that nonsense as often as you like, but your so called law of noncontradiction has nothing to do with evolution at all.
Since evolution is observed several different ways it is clear that you are misapplying your law.
I am speaking with Dogen not you! Me and Dogen go way back and he knows how I think! My understanding has "evolved" since the last time we spoke and I need somebody in the psychology field like Dogen to evaluate my way of understanding and give me feedback so I can do the necessary adjustments for simplification purposes! So relax!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113596 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speaking with Dogen not you! Me and Dogen go way back and he knows how I think! My understanding has "evolved" since the last time we spoke and I need somebody in the psychology field like Dogen to evaluate my way of understanding and give me feedback so I can do the necessary adjustments for simplification purposes! So relax!
Cross reference for Infinite Force:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#113597 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:

Your link goes to nothing that would support your contention.

The only absolute truths are.
1. Cogito Ergo Sum
2. 1st person reports.
3. There are no other absolute truths.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#113598 Apr 6, 2013
rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I wanted to discuss Dogen's behavior or actions or my observations of him, I would prefer to do that directly with Dogen. Anyway, I have not paid that close attention to Dogen. As I said before you are a very good debater, so I paid attention to you.
I would say that this was a clumpsy attempt to draw me into a debate. You should really pay attention to your own grip on reality.

You really think KAB is a good debater?

What criteria, may I inquire, are you basing that assessment on???

Not supporting his assertions?

Avoiding data?

Dodging?

Not answering questions?

Out right lying?

Cherry picking?

Deliberate deception?

Smokescreens?

If these are on your list as impressive qualities in a debater then I would have to agree with you.

He is excellent.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#113599 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>

Well, this is an open forum, so anyone is allowed, even implicitly encouraged, to chime in.

If you want a private opinion then you might want to use the message function.

If you can give me a better link or spell out what you are are thinking then I will be glad to give you my opinion, for whatever it is worth.
LowellGuy

United States

#113600 Apr 6, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Is 1.10 greater than, less than, or equal to 1.1?

Level 3

Planet Earth

#113601 Apr 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Cogito Ergo Sum
2. 1st person reports.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Cogito Ergo Sum
2. 1st person reports.
Nature doesn’t contradict its self dogen the theory of evolution on the origin of species through mutations contradicts itself! I validated that evolution is a pseudo-science. Science must be re-written now and founded on the absolute truth I presented and found in nature called the law of non-contradiction. It's not even an argument!

I discovered this scientific method not only applies to physical evidence but information which is observable and testable and this gives validation to ETERNITY as an absolute truth!

Now, I ask you with integrity because nature does not contradict itself, now when you speak about nature the information must not contradict it’s self as well and here we have a constant of two observable and testable evidences called the physical and the immaterial called information!

I ask you again.

Nature reveals a mutation through observation and here is the evidence called cancer and here are visible pictures of mutations:
>>>> http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/animals/...

A. Mutations “is” beneficial
B. Mutations “is not” beneficial

You can only choose one (either/or) because nature is constant (law of non-contradiction) and don’t contradict itself people does when they put out flawed information about nature. THAT’S JUST THE WAY IT IS RATHER YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT!

I AWAIT YOUR ANSWER ON A OR B WITH THE EVIDENCE I PRESENTED ABOVE ON WHAT NATURE REVEALS ABOUT MUTATIONS!

Level 3

Planet Earth

#113602 Apr 7, 2013
The scientific method must be modified because now it is not founded on an absolute truth and it rejects all absolute truths proposed because absolute truths are not falsifiable.

THE SCIENTIFC METHOD MUST BE FOUNDED ON THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH CALLED "THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTION". AFTER THIS IS DONE WE WILL REBOUND AS A CIVILIZATION AND EVERYTHING WILL LINE UP!

People of science this is not only my responsibility to correct but yours to, so please do the right thing and start submitting my simplified explanation and keep things simple, you don't need a PHD to explain that nature does not contradict its self and explain the law of non-contradiction as the new foundation to the scientific method.

THIS IS YOUR DUTY AND OBLIGATION JUST LIKE IT IS MINE FOR THE SAKE OF LIFE ON THIS PLANET!

Do it in a peaceful and non-violent manner!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#113603 Apr 7, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature doesn’t contradict its self dogen the theory of evolution on the origin of species through mutations contradicts itself! I validated that evolution is a pseudo-science. Science must be re-written now and founded on the absolute truth I presented and found in nature called the law of non-contradiction. It's not even an argument!

I discovered this scientific method not only applies to physical evidence but information which is observable and testable and this gives validation to ETERNITY as an absolute truth!
False.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#113604 Apr 7, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
LOL! You make demands from a position of misunderstanding, misinterpretation and misplaced ego.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#113605 Apr 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Explain information as coming from nothing or something. It either ALWAYS existed or NEVER exists!

A. Did information (immaterial) ALWAYS existed?

B. Did information (immaterial) NEVER existed?

If you do not want to remeain delusional (accept non-absolute truths) you got to make that choice with your own "free will" which is the ability to choose!

I am keeping this simple so you can understand if you up-hold non-absolute truths like THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS NON-FIXED you are holding an "INFORMATION VIRUS" in your head!

"VIRUSES OF THE MIND"
Author: Richard Dawkins

>>>> http://vserver1.cscs.lsa.umich.edu/~crshalizi...

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#113606 Apr 7, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
The scientific method must be modified because now it is not founded on an absolute truth and it rejects all absolute truths proposed because absolute truths are not falsifiable.
THE SCIENTIFC METHOD MUST BE FOUNDED ON THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH CALLED "THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTION". AFTER THIS IS DONE WE WILL REBOUND AS A CIVILIZATION AND EVERYTHING WILL LINE UP!
People of science this is not only my responsibility to correct but yours to, so please do the right thing and start submitting my simplified explanation and keep things simple, you don't need a PHD to explain that nature does not contradict its self and explain the law of non-contradiction as the new foundation to the scientific method.
THIS IS YOUR DUTY AND OBLIGATION JUST LIKE IT IS MINE FOR THE SAKE OF LIFE ON THIS PLANET!
Do it in a peaceful and non-violent manner!
More Farcical humour.

Level 4

Since: Apr 12

Lansdale, PA

#113607 Apr 7, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think KAB is a good debater?
What criteria, may I inquire, are you basing that assessment on???
Not supporting his assertions?
Avoiding data?
Dodging?
Not answering questions?
Out right lying?
Cherry picking?
Deliberate deception?
Smokescreens?
If these are on your list as impressive qualities in a debater then I would have to agree with you.
He is excellent.
Most of the above.
Most are good skills to have in a debate.
One question: Do you think you had KAB pinned down at any point? If you did, then watch his next post and see how he extricates himself out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Dogen 81,506
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 54 min Science 2,188
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min Science 32,892
Did humans come from Sturgeons? 12 hr Science 1
Proof humans come from Tennessee 12 hr Science 1
Science News (Sep '13) Oct 14 Science 4,005
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! (Apr '17) Oct 14 Science 876
More from around the web