It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164711 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#113548 Apr 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that.

Posted in reply to your post but actually for KAB's benefit.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113549 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that the flood was global, covering all land in 40 days, taking most of a year to recede, and causing substantial change in Earth's surface contours (i.e. much more pronounced post-flood variations).

Why do you believe that? There is not one scrap of evidence to support that contention.

The bible itself does not even suggest the earths contours were changed. This is just stuff made up to rationalize a belief system. Even as uneducated as you are surely you can see that.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113550 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that. You don't do sufficient questioning.

And you do, much to your embarrassment.

You have brought the beatings on yourself. There is no one else to blame except yourself.

Remember, you are the one who has, at best, a 10% response rate to questions.

You are the one avoiding and dodging the questions you do "answer".

The fact remains you CAN'T answer most questions put to you. You have given over your life to an Anti-Christian cult and must follow their cattle prods, wherever they push you.

You have no original thoughts because they took your ability to think for yourself away long ago.

Remember, it is you who have been unable to defend your cult as somehow being the chosen and correct true followers Jesus.

Maybe you can sign up and get some more advanced brainwashing and come back and be able to answer 20% of the questions posed to you.

You live in denial that you have squandered your life to be a puppet.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113551 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I ever disputed their modern history? Do they presently show a knowledge of floods?

Another dodge (lie).

Again, you are completely compulsive, knee-jerk, liar.

If you can't answer the question then just don't answer.

That is what you do when you can't answer my question. You just cower.

Break the cycle of lying! Yes, it will be hard.

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not. However and as usual, you cherry pick what you want out of any given topic to support your loony claims and ignore anything that will expose your foolishness.
Earlier, you disputed the value of Egyptian history. Now, their history is of value. Which is it? Just the parts you like?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113552 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding in kind to a question.

no, you were dodging and avoiding the issues, just like you do in every post.

How does it feel to be a chronic liar?

How does it feel to be EXPOSED as such?

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113553 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
Correction:
I was responding in kind to a dataless assertion.

Further dodge. And in the guise of being forthcoming and honest no less.

Just a deeper lie.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113554 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He indicated a global flood would wipe out evidence of all earlier floods, a dataless and you seem to realize, incorrect assertion.

Another compulsive lie. That was NOT what he said.

You just cannot stop. I realize that you are a chronic liar who no longer has any credibility. Everyone sees through your game except you. Not uncommon, but always sad.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113555 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you wish!

No, I don't wish for you or your ilk to be out indoctrinating the simpletons.

What you do is no less than evil. It is calculated by people above you that you be well trained to manipulate other and decrease your own cognitive dissonance while doing so. It is a win-win situation for the temple priests and their coffers, but a lose-lose for everyone else.

Why do JW's believe they need human help to understand the bible?

KAB

Wilson, NC

#113556 Apr 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you tell me when you believe Adam and Eve to have been created by Jehovah?
Could you tell me when Adam's son Seth was born?
Could you tell me when the Great Noachian Flood occurred?
Could you tell me when Moses roamed the Sinai desert?
Adam and Eve created about 6,000 years ago.
The flood about 4400 years ago.
Moses about 3500 years ago.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113557 Apr 5, 2013
Sorry, I forgot Seth, born about 5900 years ago.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113558 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is insufficient data. I asked for a comprehensive description. You defined neither the depth of the water accumulation nor its source(s). "Substantial change in Earth's contours" and "much more pronounced post-flood variations" are vague and could be subject to misinterpretation. Describe those "substantial changes in Earth's contours" and the "much more pronounced post-flood variations" to which you refer.
I don't know how high the tallest mountains were.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113559 Apr 5, 2013
TheEvolutionDouche wrote:
The funniest thing about this whole thread is the fact that people who claim evolution is not real clearly knows nothing about it. Its not "we all came from monkeys." Actually evolution exists today. For example, there are cases in which humans are being born without wisdom teeth and overall, they are smaller than previous generations. Adaptation to your environment is all evolution really is. You keep things you need, develop aspects that are most beneficial to your survival, and lose things that hinders it.
My favorite argument is "God created humans and the Earth therefore evolution is not real." Well if he is truly the all mighty then why is the scientific fact of evolution out of the realm of his power?
Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean you have to fear and deny it.
You could be onto something. It appears you don't understand evolution, yet you don't fear and deny it. Unfortunately, I do understand evolution but only enough to deny it, not fear it.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113560 Apr 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What you do is no less than evil. It is calculated by people above you that you be well trained to manipulate other and decrease your own cognitive dissonance while doing so. It is a win-win situation for the temple priests and their coffers, but a lose-lose for everyone else.
Acts 8:26-35

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113561 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam and Eve created about 6,000 years ago.
The flood about 4400 years ago.
Moses about 3500 years ago.

how do account for humans being around a lot longer than that?

How do you account for a flood while civilization went along uninterrupted?

As per typical, the facts are not your friends.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113562 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how high the tallest mountains were.

Geologists do.

To bad your dataless, unsupported, notions cannot account for geology.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113563 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be onto something. It appears you don't understand evolution, yet you don't fear and deny it. Unfortunately, I do understand evolution but only enough to deny it, not fear it.

Another lie. You have to be constantly reminded of even the basics of evolution. The reality conflicts with your programming therefore you must reject it. You do so gleefully.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113564 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

I bet this quote is unrelated to the issue at hand.

Now, lets check.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#113565 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Oh, I win again.

You point to an event in history before the bible was written.

Now we have the word of god (which is often misused by incompetents).

The more relevant scripture is Matthew 7:15-23.

Jer 23:21-22
Deu 18:20-22
Micah 3:11
2 Pet 2:1-3

Pretty damning evidence against the JW's

Oh, and Isa 30:9-14.

CRACK! That one's outta here!

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>

KAB

Wilson, NC

#113566 Apr 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
And, unlike KAB, I am not committed to lying so will admit my errors when I make them.
He will never do so.
It seems worthwhile that everyone have opportunity to be reminded of this along with my recently acknowledging an error I made. I do so love to contribute to your credibility.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113567 Apr 5, 2013
http://phys.org/news/2013-04-abrupt-widesprea...

As recently as 5,000 years ago, the Sahara—today a vast desert in northern Africa, spanning more than 3.5 million square miles—was a verdant landscape, with sprawling vegetation and numerous lakes. Ancient cave paintings in the region depict hippos in watering holes, and roving herds of elephants and giraffes—a vibrant contrast with today's barren, inhospitable terrain.

The Sahara's "green" era, known as the African Humid Period, likely lasted from 11,000 to 5,000 years ago, and is thought to have ended abruptly, with the region drying back into desert within a span of one to two centuries.

Now researchers at MIT, Columbia University and elsewhere have found that this abrupt climate change occurred nearly simultaneously across North Africa.

The team traced the region's wet and dry periods over the past 30,000 years by analyzing sediment samples off the coast of Africa. Such sediments are composed, in part, of dust blown from the continent over thousands of years: The more dust that accumulated in a given period, the drier the continent may have been.

<<Truncated for brevity, more at link above.....and no, no "one year granularity" has been indicated>>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min Aura Mytha 83,253
Are you from Tennessee? 6 hr Science 1
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 10 hr Dogen 2,578
SEX did not EVOLVE 10 hr Dogen 185
Evolutionists are anti-conspiracy theorists and... 11 hr Al Caplan 10
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 223,049
Religions are the original fake news and fascis... 15 hr Really55 31
More from around the web