It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 157755 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113523 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How objective/scientific is it to tag an account as myth without confirming it to be such?
It has not escaped my notice (or anyone else's, I'm sure) that your debate tactics include deferring questions with tangential questions and dismissing evidence as "dataless." By employing this scheme you avoid providing any definitive position or guidelines of what you regard/discard as "objective/scientific " and what you accept/reject as "myth."

Please state for the record PRECISELY and COMPREHENSIVELY what you believe the Noahic flood was. Please include the extent, scope, severity and impact. This is not a question and is not rhetorical. I am deliberately asking for your statement, not a counter question or rebuttal.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113524 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You taking Dogen at face value in light of my revealing with data his destruction of his own credibility is all that needs be known.
I've known Dogen for quite awhile and if there's any issue of credibility, I will take his over yours any day of the week. With out question.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113525 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All I implied is that they have experience with floods. Do you deny that?
I do not. However and as usual, you cherry pick what you want out of any given topic to support your loony claims and ignore anything that will expose your foolishness.

Earlier, you disputed the value of Egyptian history. Now, their history is of value. Which is it? Just the parts you like?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113526 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Small local annual floods. That is totally different from a mega-flood, much less a worldwide flood.

You are not being reasonable.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113527 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that nowhere on Earth is there evidence of a flood overlaying evidence of an earlier flood? I suspect Egyptians could help you dispell such a notion.

You are misrepresenting what he said (aka lying). He stated that more recent floods can wipe out evidence of previous ones. The point is that we have MANY regional floods in the historic record, but NONE that was global in nature.

Since you are dishonest by admitted choice there is little hope of reasoning with someone so predisposed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113528 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How objective/scientific is it to tag an account as myth without confirming it to be such?

Another deliberate falsification on your part (aka a lie).

1. There is no confirmed evidence in the geologic, genetic, anthropological, fossil,..... record that supports the notion of a global flood at any time.

2. There IS evidence such a flood never occurred during the period encountered by recorded history.

3. The flood myths are from various time periods, not from one time period.

4. The flood stories are all compiled from oral tradition.

All of this is known to you yet you deliberately and falsely claim an evidence basis to your religious objections.

Sorry, but that does not fly with rational people. Maybe, someday, your cult will change it's mind and embrace the evidence. They certainly like to change their minds more often than some people change their underwear.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113529 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you don't trust government agencies. I can understand that, but it is unwise to categorically dismiss such on that basis alone?

This would be another lie. I admire how blatantly and incorrigibly you persist is lies you like. You have been programmed well by your cult. Kudos to them. It is a pity that it is much harder to get someone to unlearn false information than it is to teach them right in the first place. Small wonder cults insist that children be indoctrinated at an early age.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
My data is from wikipedia. YOUR site, is rather general AND it explains why the mountains are not a million feet high.
Who should we believe, given your multiple regular confirmed instances of error? See the problems you create for yourself when you don't bother with data, but act as if you do? People will not be inclined to believe your assertions and will gradually come to ignore you.
Very foolish of you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geology_of_the_H ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayas#Geolog ...
“Hypocrites get offended by the truth.”
&#8213; Jess C. Scott, Bad Romance: Seven Deadly Sins Anthology

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113530 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for you, I wouldn't bother providing the confirming data.

Why would you start now?

You got your butt in yet another sling and want to worm out by ignoring it and pretending it did not happen. This may work with strangers when you go bothering them in their homes, but it does not fly around here.

We know you. Better than you seem to know yourself. That is your disadvantage.

Aren't you supposed to be out attempting to indoctrinate uneducated simpletons?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113531 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think that nowhere on Earth is there evidence of a flood overlaying evidence of an earlier flood? I suspect Egyptians could help you dispell such a notion.

There is no record of a global flood in egyptian mythology or recorded history.

Look it up.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113532 Apr 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Now the Egyptians are all of a sudden a demonstrated reliable source of information. Jackass.

Egyptians do NOT have a global flood myth.

In fact in many of the historic flood accounts they are clearly not referring to a global flood.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113533 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the Romans, Egyptians, Native N. Americans, asians, europeans,..... didn't get the memo requiring that they have a flood myth.

Perhaps you can fly around the world and explain it to them.

If pigs had wings
Away they'd fly
Up into Heaven, oh, so high
If pigs had wings
Away they'd soar
Up in through Heaven's golden door

Oh, look up yonder
On the telephone line
Just a-snortin' and a-gruntin'
It's a flock o' swine!
If pigs had wings
and birds had none
My windshield wipers
could barely run

Here we go..

(pig snorts through chorus)

If flying pigs
all became the rage
We'd keep them all
in a little piggy cage
Just hangin' in the kitchen
right near the sink
So if they get thirsty,
they can have a piggy drink

(chorus)

When it's hunting season
on flying hogs
It's such a strain
on my retriever dog
Above the lake
I shot one down (BANG)
That hog swam off (splashing)
My puppy drowned!(Awww!)

'Cause..
(chorus x 3)

If pigs had wiiiiiiings!

http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113534 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You taking Dogen at face value in light of my revealing with data his destruction of his own credibility is all that needs be known.

You mean your FAILURE to tarnish my credibility while crapping away credibility you never had?

Impressive.

Remember, I promised to call you on all your lies.

And here is another one you have gotten caught in.

I warned you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113535 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

No, you said they could dispel the notion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113536 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely, that's why I keep focused on the data. Please join me.

Another lie.

You are compulsive!

You just can't stop yourself.

You are planning on ignoring all data forever, as required of a good cult adherent.

Well done.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113537 Apr 5, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Egyptians do NOT have a global flood myth.
In fact in many of the historic flood accounts they are clearly not referring to a global flood.
I do know that.
KAB

United States

#113538 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not escaped my notice (or anyone else's, I'm sure) that your debate tactics include deferring questions with tangential questions and dismissing evidence as "dataless." By employing this scheme you avoid providing any definitive position or guidelines of what you regard/discard as "objective/scientific " and what you accept/reject as "myth."
Please state for the record PRECISELY and COMPREHENSIVELY what you believe the Noahic flood was. Please include the extent, scope, severity and impact. This is not a question and is not rhetorical. I am deliberately asking for your statement, not a counter question or rebuttal.
My understanding is that the flood was global, covering all land in 40 days, taking most of a year to recede, and causing substantial change in Earth's surface contours (i.e. much more pronounced post-flood variations).
KAB

United States

#113539 Apr 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known Dogen for quite awhile and if there's any issue of credibility, I will take his over yours any day of the week. With out question.
I realize that. You don't do sufficient questioning.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#113540 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you not been present in the past when I have made it quite clear that I AM NOT A YEC!? Got it NOW?
Could you tell me when you believe Adam and Eve to have been created by Jehovah?

Could you tell me when Adam's son Seth was born?

Could you tell me when the Great Noachian Flood occurred?

Could you tell me when Moses roamed the Sinai desert?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113541 Apr 5, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My understanding is that the flood was global, covering all land in 40 days, taking most of a year to recede, and causing substantial change in Earth's surface contours (i.e. much more pronounced post-flood variations).
That is insufficient data. I asked for a comprehensive description. You defined neither the depth of the water accumulation nor its source(s). "Substantial change in Earth's contours" and "much more pronounced post-flood variations" are vague and could be subject to misinterpretation. Describe those "substantial changes in Earth's contours" and the "much more pronounced post-flood variations" to which you refer.
KAB

United States

#113542 Apr 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not. However and as usual, you cherry pick what you want out of any given topic to support your loony claims and ignore anything that will expose your foolishness.
Earlier, you disputed the value of Egyptian history. Now, their history is of value. Which is it? Just the parts you like?
Have I ever disputed their modern history? Do they presently show a knowledge of floods?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 min The Northener 52,201
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 7 min scientia potentia... 1,206
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 10 min scientia potentia... 497
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr scientia potentia... 218,826
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr scientia potentia... 24,885
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Jan 19 scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... Jan 19 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web