It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 20 comments on the Mar 15, 2009, Asheville Citizen-Times story titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113332 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for the millionth time.....SHOW ME!!! Why do you continue to make these wild claims that you, and I, and everyone else knows you can't support? It is really unimpressive.
What's with the avatar, Marky? Trying to look all bad ass again? What a joke.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#113333 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
How many times do I have to say it? When your pet theory is unobservable you can twist it to be what ever you need it to be.
You're still demanding that we observe theories.

Theories are ideas.

You can't SEE an idea.

They only exist in the brain as electrochemical patterns.

When you can observe "delicious," then we'll talk about observing theories.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113334 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
And example.....GOD created dogs.....and later on wolves evolved.
One more thing to add to the "Incredibly Stupid Things Marky Has Said" list.

Wolves evolved from dogs! Too freaking funny. What an ass.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113335 Apr 3, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. And not once have you ever admitted error, even when it's been demonstrated to you. Because you're always right about absolutely everything, it is we who must be wrong.
Exactly.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113336 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>That you would even expect scientific evidence for the supernatural is the very height of ignorance. Everyone knows by now that science is unqualified to deal with the supernatural. The fact is, you know I am right, and that is why you are so bitter.
Romans 1
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.
You can't go outside and look around you, look at the night sky, see the love of a child, and the complexity of the human brain, and not understand that it takes GOD to create that. You know that, and Romans 1 makes it clear. So even though you have this something within you, your brain and pride won't let you acknowledge it and it sets up an inner struggle within you which causes you to be so bitter. You are walking talking confirmation that the bible is true!!
<quoted text>There you go again. Trying to morph micro and macro in an attempt to dishonestly infer that both are equally valid, when that of course, is a not at all true.<quoted text>Because parables are told and explained as parables. For some reason science or atheism or liberalism, or SOMETHING...has this hold over you where you will believe absolutely anything over the bible. I look at the world around me, and I have read every word of the bible, and I have studied science, and I have debated you guys. I have found the truth in my observation of life lines up perfectly with the bible, and it has continuosly proven itself to me to be the words of GOD to mankind. It has changed my life, my world view, and my eternity.
If Christianity has supposedly made you a better person then you must have been really awful before that even.

Now you are merely an unrepentant liar, arrogant, ignorant, fool.

I showed that you lied at least once when you denied claiming that evolution says you are descended from a tobacco leaf. And yet you don't apologize for breaking the Ninth Commandment.

Second some claims of supernatural events will leave evidence, if they are real.

For example the traditional Adam and Eve story will leave evidence in the form of genetic bottlenecks. Even more so will the Noah's Ark myth. In fact the Noah's Ark myth will leave all sorts of evidence, not just genetic bottlenecks all pointing to the same time in Earth's history. It would also leave physical evidence and there is none. Not one bit.

So to try to laugh at someone for wanting evidence of a supernatural event only shows that you have no understanding of science yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113337 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you think an apology for calling me a liar would be nice? Listen, you and I don't have to agree, just because you believe something does not make you a liar. I believe the bible is true, you do not, but because I do doesn't make me a liar.
I can be completely wrong, and you completely right, but that still doesn't make me a liar. We need to understand that and I apologise for making the same mistake.
Why should I apologize for calling you a liar when I was able to quote the posts that proved you lied?

Your faulty belief in the Bible is was not why I called you a liar. Perhaps if you go back and look at the post where I first called you out you will find your bald faced lie.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#113338 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to give me an example, and when you do, let me ask why is it ok to be dishonest in debates and never answer a single challenge? You do know that this group, nor the debate between evolutionists and creationists would exist if you guys would just be honest enough to admit to the obvious. That you take human from non-human evolution in faith. Everyone knows that's that is the case, but you guys just can't be honest enough to admit it.
And here is another lie. In your previous post you ignored the fact that you have been given evidence and the reason why I no longer give proven creatards any more evidence until they pass my "scientific evidence class".

Creatards, like you, will always claim there is no evidence for evolution. Then when evidence is given you reject it. Evidence cannot be rejected out of hand. It must be shown to be wrong. Since creationists cannot do that all that is left for them is to deny its existence when it is as plain as the nose on their face.

So Mark what will it be? Will you take a short but interesting class on what is scientific evidence and why it cannot be denied or do you prefer to remain ignorant? If the latter is the case then you have no complain whenever I point out that you are wrong about your claims of "no evidence".

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113339 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'll let you answer your own question with one word.
Are you stupid enough to think that you are related to a banana? Yes?..or...no?
I bet you don't answer with one word.
We share genetic code with bananas and tobacco, don't we Marky? All life we know of is based on DNA, and is therefore related? Alright, moving on.
You must be familiar with this:
If A=B and B=C then A=C.
Do you agree, or do you deny basic mathematics and logic?
Okay, then let's go ahead and diffuse this in your own framework. God created bananas. God created man (in his image.) Hence, God is kin to bananas.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#113340 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>No, the bible doesn't say that all creatures were here in the first six days. And example.....GOD created dogs.....and later on wolves evolved. THey are both still dogs, and will never evolve into anything other than a dog. Your post is a typical evolutionist trick in trying to morph micro and macro together as if they are related, they are not.
"No it doesn't. That is you and you don't speak for science because you don't demand adherance to the scientific method."

Gen 1:20-31 says NOTHING about wolves, dogs, breeding or evolution. By the understanding of the authors of Genesis, it is clear they thought that every living kind WAS created by the end of the 6th day.
Marky Boy, you don't speak for science, you don't speak for the Bible and you CERTAINLY don't speak for God. Who DO you speak for?
"Could it be... Sataaan?"

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113341 Apr 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your technical ineptitude may actually help you to stumble onto the truth in spite of your bias. By your own analysis, your 10,000 ft. allowance may not be too far off the mark. Do you really think all those mountain ranges would have been and remained at approximately their present heights with all that seismic activity you properly discerned resulting from the flood? Since you're on a technical roll refresh my memory. Where do plankton and algae live? On another point, since you mentioned glaciers, do you fancy them floating around somehow problematic, and do you think Earth can't survive changing ocean currents and atmospheric patterns? Perhaps moron those topics could be clarified for the class.

Your technical ineptitude may actually help you to stumble onto the truth in spite of your bias. Do you really think a flood would have more of an effect on mountain ranges rooted in the mantle or on fragile canyons? While your on a technical roll, what effect would half a mile of limestone solidifying (a thermogenic event) have on the temperature of the earth? Finally, what effect does internet banter have on the lack of evidence for a global flood and the positive evidence for there never being one?

Put your poor, injured but massive, ego down for one second and reason it out.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113342 Apr 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
A massive amount of the accumulated loose material on the inside walls of the 1.4 million year old crater somehow went down into the bottom of the crater about 4500 years ago, and we're left to wonder what could have caused that to happen in the same timeframe as the global flood. What do you think, objectively that is?

Matters not at all since there are at least a million reasons that are more likely than a mythical flood.

You still are off 300 years from your alleged time frame for a flood and have STILL never accounted for Egyptians continuing their pyramid building throughout that time period.

Go figure.

The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not.
Hillary Clinton
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/li...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113343 Apr 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for finally being befuddled enough to unwittingly provide some good objective reasoning examples. I agree that since the flood took a long time to recede it need not have been catastrophic.

You dolt, draining 200 ft per day IS CATASTROPHIC.

AND where did that water GO? It has never been accounted for either coming nor going.

Civilization continued to prosper throughout this time period, without skipping a beat.

There is no scientific evidence for a global flood ever occurring.

There is no scientific explanation of how a global flood ever COULD occur.

There IS science that shows that civilization, fragile physical formations, plant and animal life that continued to live (no bottle necks) through that period.

There is much more genetic diversity can can be accounted for in 45,000 years, much less 4,500.

It is fun to pick on people who are intentionally stupid and on people who are liars.

So I am having a blast playing with my little KAB mouse.

"I can't really make fun of zombies. They're not liars. They're not cheats."
George A. Romero

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113344 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, I noticed you completely failed to address a single point I made in the post you are replying too. THat's fine, because we both know you have no answers, so you do the only thing a person with no integrity can do, insult.

Why would Mike need to refute everything you said, AGAIN?

You can't even comprehend the scientific method after 3 years of being tutored in it!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113345 Apr 3, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even I know exactly when the flood occurred, and not even the geologists know exactly when the sidewall slide occurred, but the estimates are close enough that the actual times could be the same, and measured on a 1.4 million year scale they are virtually the same for probability assessment purposes.

For probability assessment purposes, the odds of something for which there is no evidence and is not logically nor physically possible are zero.

So we go into this discussion with the known probability of a global flood being zero.

Reasons (just a few selected):

1. Not enough water.(no where for extra water to come from and no where for it to go).

2. No evidence of a global flood in the span of human history.

3. If the flood was not 4,200 years ago then the crater data is entirely moot.

4. A global flood would kill off all life (except for a presumed bottleneck). There is no period in earths history where a universal bottleneck has been found. There was a volcanic near extinction event about 80,000 years ago, but many species were unaffected.

5. Obviously there is much more, but this should suffice for now.

“At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right”
&#8213; Miguel de Unamuno

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Errors Made:
Moving the goal posts
Outright lying
Confirmation bias
Sharpshooter fallacy
It is interesting you keep moving the date for the mythological global flood around.
Just a page back it was 4,200 years ago.
You have picked various time frames for the flood, all of which are faulty because there is no evidence of one occurring.
What is this sort of dishonesty called?
“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.”
&#8213; Ayn Rand,

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113346 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Already disproven. I'm not going through 5000 pages of posts to expose your didhonesty, but I've already posted where your team said we were related to "Bananas".....also Mike, are you saying we ARE NOT evolutionary tied to tobacco plants? I bet you can't answer, or won't answer that question. I dare you to answer it with a "Yes" we are evolutionary related to tobacco plants, or "NO" we are not evolutionaryly related to tobacco plants. Wanna take a ride?

This is a lie.

YOU said that we said that we are DESCENDED from tobacco/bananas.

No one ever said that.

We DID say that we are RELATED to tobacco/bananas.

Do YOU know the difference between RELATED TO and DESCENDED FROM?

DUH!

WE ARE RELATED BY EVOLUTION TO TOBACCO PLANTS!

An evolutionary pathway that diverged hundreds of millions of years ago.

You are an outrageous but obvious liar.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113347 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>GOD never gave us the ten commandments expecting us to have the ability to keep them. All GOD was saying is here are my requirements, AND YOU CAN'T DO THEM, but I'm going to send someone who can, and he did. So yeah, there is no way I can keep the ten commandments, but hold your arrogance because you can't either. There is only one sin difference between the person in heaven and the person in hell, Jesus died for all the rest. I have taken care of that one sin when I accepted Jesus. According to your own words, you haven't. Sooo....forgive me for laughing at your vain attempt to judge me. You are not my judge.
<quoted text>No you didn't, not even close. You just proved above that you aren't worthy to judge other people.
&#9668; Matthew 7:3 &#9658;
New International Version (©2011)
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

Does Jesus approve of your lying?
Don't you want to keep Jesus/God happy?

Get your head out of your butt. Dogen 1:1

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113348 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I. The scientific method has four steps
1. Observation and description of a phenomenon or group of phenomena.
2. Formulation of an hypothesis to explain the phenomena. In physics, the hypothesis often takes the form of a causal mechanism or a mathematical relation.
3. Use of the hypothesis to predict the existence of other phenomena, or to predict quantitatively the results of new observations.
4. Performance of experimental tests of the predictions by several independent experimenters and properly performed experiments.
http://teacher.nsrl.rochester.edu/phy_labs/ap...

This is not a good summary. Not without several pages of qualification/explanation.

Oh yea, the link actually gives that information.

But you don't.

Hummm......

"Hard truths can be dealt with, triumphed over, but lies will destroy your soul.”
&#8213; Patricia Briggs, Moon Called

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113349 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> Then I challenge you to show me. Also, show me how I can be related to a tobacco stalk, and NOT EVOLVE FROM ONE!!!

Genetics.

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> You are playing silly word games because you know how ignorant this claim sounds. And make no mistake. Like the rest in here, I alweays give a second chance, but if you can't intelligently communicate with me without cussing I will drop your posts like I'd drop a liberal in a voting booth.
You mean you want us to be respectful to you?

Are you willing to provide the same in exchange?

That is fine. I always give a second chance, but if you can't intelligently communicate with me without lying I will drop your posts like I'd drop a conservative in a voting booth.

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> I've done it to many in here, and I'd do it to you too. Then like the rest you can moan and gripe that you are so superior that I can't reply to your ignorance, while the truth is I don't even read your posts. If you can't communicate like a mature human being, I won't waste my time reading the ramblings of a mindless head. Your move.

You are lucky we don't feel likewise.

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#113350 Apr 3, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, are you really still too stupid to understand that "share a common ancestor WITH" and "descended FROM" are VERY different things?
You share a common ancestor with your cousin. But your cousin is NOT your grandfather. Got it? YET??? Will you EVER?
Man, you can word it absolutely anyway you want too. I DON"T CARE!! For you to believe that you have any kinship of any kind to a tobacco stalk or a banana, absolutely amazes me!!!!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113351 Apr 3, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text> John 6
28 Then they asked him,“What must we do to do the works God requires?”
29 Jesus answered,“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

You want me to quote Jesus to you? You live in quite the glass house.

Remember, you don't even know a fraction about the culture, religion, and social context Jesus was in and speaking to, as I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min Wow 160,958
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 48 min Chimney1 1,370
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,691
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 8 hr Bumper Sticker Boy 13,670
No Place For ID? 14 hr GTID62 1
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri hpcaban 178,585
Guadeloupe Woman Found (1812 (Mar '10) Apr 23 MikeF 73
More from around the web