It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151000 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

Wilson, NC

#113138 Mar 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. Either I have a point or I don't.
All we know for certain is:
1. Cogito ergo sum
2. First person reports.
Period.
Your games are intended to be deceptive. that is the same as a lie.
See what your cult has done to you? You may have once been an honest person.
We also know for certain that Earth is not cubic in shape. So much for your point.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113139 Mar 31, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Rally? What verse would that be?
I didn't know that they did transfusions in "Bible times". You do knw that you are not eating blood when you get a transfusion, don't you?
Is your position that eating can only be done thru the mouth?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113140 Mar 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically, we call you out for using terms that have a scientific meaning in a scientific context, but using a common definition for them.
That is another way you are dishonest with us, and with yourself.
You'd have to provide an "official" scientific definition and confirm that my comment was scientific to prove your assertion correct.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113141 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know and/or aren't telling the rest of the story. As to the other Dr., I don't know Scheinin from Shittola, so I can't comment regarding the doctor. I know of no child who is confirmed to have died from lack of a blood transfusion, and plenty of people have survived who were told they would die without a transfusion, and still refused. People, however, have been confirmed to have died from having blood transfusions. There are life saving alternatives to death dealing blood. You seem to be decidedly old school, Doc.

So, you are saying you cannot defend JW dogma about blood transfusions.

Maybe if you wait a few days they will change it again, like they do everything else.

It is pitiful, really. Cult members will believe anything to defend their belief in their cult.

Nice attempted dodge, but completely transparent,... agaain.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113142 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is your previous post with your alleged Watchtower quote,
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
Compare it carefully with the actual quote above.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied. And you lied for your cult.
w03 8/1 pp. 14-19
Article Title: Imitating the God of Truth
Section title: Jehovah’s Servants Are Truthful
Section 10
"To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages. People lie to escape punishment, to profit in some way, or to gain the praise of others. Yet, a practice of lying is a vice. What is more, a liar cannot gain God’s approval.(Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15) When we are known to be truthful, others believe what we say; they trust us. However, if we are caught telling even a single lie, others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future. An African proverb states:“One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.” Another proverb says:“A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.”
I like the last line. This is why you are not believed, because you are a liar.
This is why your cult is not believed, because they are liars.
This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What I provided is a Watchtower quote even tho you denied it. You either are lying intentionally or worse, your cult lied to you about saying it. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.
Now you have the evidence of who your really follow, the father of lies.

----------

Can you deal with the truth or not?

If you do not repent you will burn in a hell (Gehenna) you do not believe even exists. Won't that be a shocker for you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113143 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Same question, same answer.

Compulsive lying. You can't even answer questions directly.

Don't you see that attempt at deception is inspired in you by the father of lies?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113144 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did err, mixing the alternatives YHWH and JHVH. I will try to be more careful, knowing how sensitive you are to this labelling issue. I, admittedly, was focused on the content.

No, you weren't. Another lie. They must help you sleep better.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113145 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
We also know for certain that Earth is not cubic in shape. So much for your point.

No, we don't know that for certain. We cannot know that for certain.

You could be a brain in a jar hallucinating the whole thing.

You may not even have physical form.

You could be god playing the role of brainwashed fundy in your own little fantasy.

In none of those cases is there the necessity for a non-cubic earth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113146 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your position that eating can only be done thru the mouth?

Is your position that eating can be done rectally? Maybe that is how JWs got you to eat their lies.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113147 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to provide an "official" scientific definition and confirm that my comment was scientific to prove your assertion correct.

You would have to provide proof that your assertion about my assertion was not just another assertion for me to bother.

We all know what you have done. Pretend play does not make it go away. This is just another attempt at deception and deflecting away from the point. Your master Satan is very proud of you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113148 Mar 31, 2013
Is Jesus the (arch)angel Michael?

This is a yes or no question. Babbling about definitions will just further confirm you as a habitual liar.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113149 Mar 31, 2013
I just found another lie in the NWT.

17 Because the Law was given through Moses, the undeserved kindness and the truth came to be through Jesus Christ. 18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him. John 1:17-18

This is a major rewrite of what a real bible says.

17 for the law through Moses was given, the grace and the truth through Jesus Christ did come;
18 God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.
YLT

7 For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth [p]were realized through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him. NASB

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113150 Mar 31, 2013
KAB, why does the Watchtower cult prefer its followers be as uneducated as possible?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113151 Mar 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would realize that the date of a document is in no way an indicator of it's veracity. A good example is a letter describing "Darwinian disingenuousness" from March 2009. It is no more valid today than it was 4 years ago - in fact, with 4 additional years of accumulated data, it is even less accurate than the day it was penned.
As far as what you know and answers from God, those voices in your head aren't "His" - they're yours.
Are we considering copies or originals here?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113152 Mar 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would realize that the date of a document is in no way an indicator of it's veracity. A good example is a letter describing "Darwinian disingenuousness" from March 2009. It is no more valid today than it was 4 years ago - in fact, with 4 additional years of accumulated data, it is even less accurate than the day it was penned.
As far as what you know and answers from God, those voices in your head aren't "His" - they're yours.
Did I mention that the voice in my head is mine?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113153 Mar 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied. And you lied for your cult.
w03 8/1 pp. 14-19
Article Title: Imitating the God of Truth
Section title: Jehovah’s Servants Are Truthful
Section 10
"To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages. People lie to escape punishment, to profit in some way, or to gain the praise of others. Yet, a practice of lying is a vice. What is more, a liar cannot gain God’s approval.(Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15) When we are known to be truthful, others believe what we say; they trust us. However, if we are caught telling even a single lie, others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future. An African proverb states:“One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.” Another proverb says:“A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.”
I like the last line. This is why you are not believed, because you are a liar.
This is why your cult is not believed, because they are liars.
This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What I provided is a Watchtower quote even tho you denied it. You either are lying intentionally or worse, your cult lied to you about saying it. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.
Now you have the evidence of who your really follow, the father of lies.
----------
Can you deal with the truth or not?
If you do not repent you will burn in a hell (Gehenna) you do not believe even exists. Won't that be a shocker for you?
The way you take confirmed clear black and white data beatings of your own making over and over again, I couldn't live like that.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113154 Mar 31, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we don't know that for certain. We cannot know that for certain.
You could be a brain in a jar hallucinating the whole thing.
You may not even have physical form.
You could be god playing the role of brainwashed fundy in your own little fantasy.
In none of those cases is there the necessity for a non-cubic earth.
Doc, it may be time for you to join Tangled.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113155 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I mention that the voice in my head is mine?

Good. Recognition of that fact is the first step.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113156 Mar 31, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you take confirmed clear black and white data beatings of your own making over and over again, I couldn't live like that.

You just acknowledged the voice in your head being yours in your last post and here you are now talking to yourself again.

In that you demonstrate a lot of projection I hope the above does not imply you are becoming suicidal. When the cult delusions break down there can be a very brief period of intense depression and suicidal thoughts.

But I do not think you are not ready for that transition yet. You still have years of accumulated delusional beliefs and just having a few break down should not be to painful to you.

Are you ready to progress to the next few JW lies? You will deny them as you did above. I realize that if there is an 'i' not dotted or a 't' not crossed you will scream and cry fowl (snicker).

So it goes. Only when you see the lies in mass will it begin to effect you in any way.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113157 Mar 31, 2013
Okay, next question:

Would you consider trying to use subliminal messages (regardless of if they actually work or not) in their sales brochures (tracks) to be dishonest?

Did the watchtower cult once try to use subliminal messages in their tracks?

Again, sorry if two questions in one message overwhelms you. Again I will break them up if necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 min renee 31,317
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min ChristineM 197,494
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 hr ChristineM 13,306
Rome Viharo debunks evolution 18 hr Support of Rome V... 1
Evolution in action Fri MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
Another "gap" gets closed May 24 MIDutch 1
More from around the web