It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162436 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113105 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
No
\
Okay, so you don't want to be THAT dishonest, eh?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113106 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is the two things you provided. Someone else may provide 3 or any other number as their opinion.

No, this is not an opinion. It is a fact using your definitions.

1. Cogito ergo sum
2. First person (psychological) reports.(I think, I feel, I sense (though the object of senses may or may not be real). It is not possible for either of these to be not true.

Of course, it is less that 100% certain that is a fact since there are only 2 facts as listed above.

Got it?

So, there are only 2 things that we can KNOW for ABSOLUTE certain.

That the internet exists outside of my mind, or that I exist outside of your mind are things that are less that 100% certain.

LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#113107 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
JWs do not claim that their understanding of God is 100% certain.
JWs realize there could be errors even in the oldest available manuscripts. I know of no comprehensive believable answer besides God.
Do you doubt the existence of God?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113108 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the Watchtower cult say will happen to you if you accept a blood transfusion?
Jehovah's Witnesses recognize that if a person knows YHWH's will expressed in the Bible is that he not accept a blood transfusion, then for him to accept one would damage his relationship with YHWH.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113109 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
How does the watchtower cult rationalize this belief?
They don't rationalize it. They just read it from the Bible.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113110 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Rally? What verse would that be?

I didn't know that they did transfusions in "Bible times". You do knw that you are not eating blood when you get a transfusion, don't you?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113111 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
Has the following watchtower quote ever been retracted?
"If we are caught telling even a single lie no one will believe us again in the future"
The watchtower, August 1st, 2003, p 14:
Can the Watchtower and the JW cult be judged by adherence (or lack of adherence) to this doctrine?
Sorry, that is two questions in one post.
I can break them up if you need me to.
This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What you provided is not a Watchtower quote even tho you provided a publication and page reference. You either didn't personally get that from reading it in the Watchtower, or worse, you personally corrupted the actual quote to serve your own deceitful ends. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113112 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses recognize that if a person knows YHWH's will expressed in the Bible is that he not accept a blood transfusion, then for him to accept one would damage his relationship with YHWH.

Isn't that the stupidest thing you have ever heard in your life?

Seriously, name one thing stupider!

And it isn't biblical. It is based on a warping of scriptures (specifically Genesis 9:4, Leviticus 17:10, and Acts 15:29).

It is also a dogma that the watchtower cult has reversed positions on several times (not very god like).

Dr. Scheinin, who tries to accommodate watchtower cult members, has watched them die when their life could have been EASILY saved with a blood transfusion.

How do you, in your sick bastard mind, rationalize letting CHILDREN die when blood can save their lives? Watchtower cult parents, in my humble opinion, should get the death penalty for allowing killing their children by not allowing lifesaving methods.

Your cult disgusts me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113113 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

It's not in real bibles.

Try reading one some time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113114 Mar 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Rally? What verse would that be?
I didn't know that they did transfusions in "Bible times". You do knw that you are not eating blood when you get a transfusion, don't you?

He is a member of a cult that defends pedophilia, so what do you think?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113115 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the JWs, then, committed to honesty and would proven lies bring the cult into question?
Otherwise this is pointless.
JHWH's modern day servants are committed to conduct driven by Bible principles and patterned after that of JHWH's ancient faithful servants conduct which had JHWH's approval.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#113116 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not in real bibles.
Try reading one some time.
Of course so do the Muslims, and the Catholic Church has an active practice of defending child abusers.

That is why I was disappointed when I did not get the job as Pope. Seriously an atheist could clean up a lot of the Catholic Church's problems and leave it a stronger more vibrant church.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113117 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What you provided is not a Watchtower quote even tho you provided a publication and page reference. You either didn't personally get that from reading it in the Watchtower, or worse, you personally corrupted the actual quote to serve your own deceitful ends. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.

You just lied. And you lied for your cult.

w03 8/1 pp. 14-19
Article Title: Imitating the God of Truth
Section title: Jehovah’s Servants Are Truthful
Section 10
"To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages. People lie to escape punishment, to profit in some way, or to gain the praise of others. Yet, a practice of lying is a vice. What is more, a liar cannot gain God’s approval.(Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15) When we are known to be truthful, others believe what we say; they trust us. However, if we are caught telling even a single lie, others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future. An African proverb states:“One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.” Another proverb says:“A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.”

I like the last line. This is why you are not believed, because you are a liar.

This is why your cult is not believed, because they are liars.

This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What I provided is a Watchtower quote even tho you denied it. You either are lying intentionally or worse, your cult lied to you about saying it. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.

Now you have the evidence of who your really follow, the father of lies.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113118 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is not an opinion. It is a fact using your definitions.
1. Cogito ergo sum
2. First person (psychological) reports.(I think, I feel, I sense (though the object of senses may or may not be real). It is not possible for either of these to be not true.
Of course, it is less that 100% certain that is a fact since there are only 2 facts as listed above.
Got it?
So, there are only 2 things that we can KNOW for ABSOLUTE certain.
That the internet exists outside of my mind, or that I exist outside of your mind are things that are less that 100% certain.
You'd have to quote my definitions to confirm your point.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113119 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
JHWH's modern day servants are committed to conduct driven by Bible principles and patterned after that of JHWH's ancient faithful servants conduct which had JHWH's approval.

More deception. You just can't stop.

Try to focus your moral fiber and answer the question:

Are the JWs, then, committed to honesty and would proven lies bring the cult into question?

No more lies!

The truth,
the WHOLE truth
and nothing but the truth.

If you can't do it then what does that say about what the cult has done to your moral character?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113120 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Who is this JHWH?

I can only assume you meant YHWH. You made the same typo 3 times in a in one sentence! Try to focus.

YHWH's servants would be people who don't lie.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113121 Mar 30, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd have to quote my definitions to confirm your point.

No I don't. Either I have a point or I don't.

All we know for certain is:
1. Cogito ergo sum
2. First person reports.

Period.

Your games are intended to be deceptive. that is the same as a lie.

See what your cult has done to you? You may have once been an honest person.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113122 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lied. And you lied for your cult.
w03 8/1 pp. 14-19
Article Title: Imitating the God of Truth
Section title: Jehovah’s Servants Are Truthful
Section 10
"To many, lying may seem a convenient tool to obtain certain advantages. People lie to escape punishment, to profit in some way, or to gain the praise of others. Yet, a practice of lying is a vice. What is more, a liar cannot gain God’s approval.(Revelation 21:8, 27; 22:15) When we are known to be truthful, others believe what we say; they trust us. However, if we are caught telling even a single lie, others may doubt the truthfulness of anything we say in the future. An African proverb states:“One falsehood spoils a thousand truths.” Another proverb says:“A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.”
I like the last line. This is why you are not believed, because you are a liar.
This is why your cult is not believed, because they are liars.
This is a golden opportunity for you to make some real progress. What I provided is a Watchtower quote even tho you denied it. You either are lying intentionally or worse, your cult lied to you about saying it. You now have opportunity to turn away from the liars who provided it to you, recognizing them for what they have now clearly proven themselves to be, or more directly, to admit your own error, and change course for the better for yourself and the benefit of all around you.
Now you have the evidence of who your really follow, the father of lies.

Ooops, forgot the incriminating link:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2003564...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#113123 Mar 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course so do the Muslims, and the Catholic Church has an active practice of defending child abusers.
That is why I was disappointed when I did not get the job as Pope. Seriously an atheist could clean up a lot of the Catholic Church's problems and leave it a stronger more vibrant church.

I don't doubt that.

I do think the pope they elected was a pretty good choice. He is modern, educated and progressive (as popes go).
KAB

Wilson, NC

#113124 Mar 30, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you doubt the existence of God?
Since to doubt is to think something is not so, no I do not doubt the existence of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Aura Mytha 221,778
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 5 min brenda6 697
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 38 min Science 76,866
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 1 hr yehoshooah adam 4,294
News Intelligent Design Action Network Meeting 3 hr The FACTory 1
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 10 hr The FACTory 425
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 10 hr The FACTory 13,744
More from around the web