It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150527 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112992 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You do love conclusions but not scrutinizing the data upon which they are based. I realize you probably don't understand much/most of that data. Your side likes to just "defer" to the experts. Experts can have agendas too, can't they?

You do love conclusions but not scrutinizing the data upon which Wathctowerism ise based. I realize you probably don't understand much/most of that data. Your side likes to just "defer" to the experts. Experts can have agendas too, can't they?

How come I can find so much anti-JW information an you can never refute it? Why do you run away? What are you afraid of?
KAB

United States

#112993 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you aren't necessarily more knowledgeable than the Watchtower folks just because you know some things they don't, but you say your God is more knowledgeable than you are because he, supposing he exists in the first place, knows more about something than you do.
Remember when I said logic is not your friend? There it is.
I never stated that my God only knows more about something than I do. By definition, he knows more about virtually everything than I do. Why is it that you only succeed in giving a fault-finding analysis of "my" logic when you pretend to be me? Why don't you EVER go head-to-head with the real me (quotes) like I ALWAYS do with you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#112994 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You do love conclusions but not scrutinizing the data upon which they are based. I realize you probably don't understand much/most of that data. Your side likes to just "defer" to the experts. Experts can have agendas too, can't they?
Sorry, the people who have done the science and published are too busy doing further science and the articles are behind pay-walls, so we'll never be able to furnish you relevant data.

So I suppose you are right it happened because we can't disprove it to your satisfaction

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#112995 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated that my God only knows more about something than I do. By definition, he knows more about virtually everything than I do. Why is it that you only succeed in giving a fault-finding analysis of "my" logic when you pretend to be me? Why don't you EVER go head-to-head with the real me (quotes) like I ALWAYS do with you?
By definition, because you've chosen a particular definition that suits your liking. However, there is no evidence that such God exists, nor the extent of such a God's knowledge if such a God does indeed exist. You assume a lot, and then you build arguments on those assumptions and call your assumptions "data." And, you say that your logic isn't faulty. Riiiiiiiiiight.

By the way, "virtually everything?" Wow. You still leave room for yourself to be in some way intellectually superior to your omniscient God. You're such an arrogant bastard.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#112996 Mar 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You KNOW nothing of the sort!!!
Sorry my friend, but we DO KNOW.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#112997 Mar 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>So are you disagreeing with those on your team that insist that if you trace your evolutionary path back far enough, you won't be a tobacco stalk? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING????? Pleazzzzzz tell me that is what you are saying..... PLEZZZZZZZ????
No, we evolved from a amoeba.

Why are you acting so stupid?

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#112998 Mar 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You claim the impossibility of a talking animal? Noah's flood?....etc...but due to your ignorance you don't understand that if there is a GOD in heaven, and even evolutionists can't disclaim that fact because they have no naturalistic evidence for Abiogenesis, and due to the extreme complexity of even the most simple life forms, an intelligent supernatural designer, in which science is unqualified to disprove, appears no less than a certainity.....that if this supernatural deity exists, then a talking animal or a world wide flood is nothing to the creator of the universe. So you ask, "Disprove what?".....disprove the creator, his ability to work outside science and your understanding.....I bet you can't disprove it, and if you can't disprove this, then your claims concerning biblical claims are made in complete ignorance. Your move!!!
Science has falsified the Bible chapters Genesis and Exodus.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#112999 Mar 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it. Bet you can't. And forgive me for rejecting such scientific authorities as the stupid huffington post.
I haven't talked with you about this subject before?

The article was not written by the HuffPo it was written by a contributor who happens to be knowledgeable and holds a doctorate.

What are your qualifications?

We know Adam and Eve as written in the Bible did not exist because:
The first appearance of Homo-sapiens in the bone record is about 200,000 years ago. Both the bones and the DNA confirm this.

The DNA also says there was NEVER a time when our genome was down to just one reproducing couple (or 4 couples if you believe the flood).

Also we humans carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood which testifies to the very early mating with them at a very early time, perhaps 100,000 years ago.

This neanderthal connection connects us to earlier yet Homo species such as; Homo-erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, Homo-habilis, etc., etc.

You have to read the science if you want to be really informed. The religious sites will mislead you....they are trying to hold onto their constituents.

They lie for Jesus.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#113000 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting that you only provide a summary statement instead of even a single example of slam-dunk data. When I see you provide a specific point I'll respond with analysis.
Funny! Do you really think at this point that anyone gives a crap about your analysis? Or your scrutiny.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#113001 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we evolved from a amoeba.
Why are you acting so stupid?
Pssst! He's not acting. Ask him about birds manipulating gravity.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113002 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

More assertions.

No data
no dice.

Why don't you answer questions?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113003 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want "slam dunk" anything, then you don't want anything scientific.
I have a non-cubic Earth. Do you want to claim that is a non-scientific slam-dunk?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#113004 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a non-cubic Earth. Do you want to claim that is a non-scientific slam-dunk?
What, in science, constitutes "slam-dunk?" Given your penchant for subjective standards, why don't you qualify and quantify your standards for us, so we know the target we're being asked to shoot at?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113005 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Pssst! He's not acting. Ask him about birds manipulating gravity.
And Oak Trees not being "Oak Trees"?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113006 Mar 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a summary statement that the world is round and not flat good enough or not? Or do you need 100,0000 pages of precise satellite measurements? What would take it to make that data a slam dunk?
http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
Why accept the round earth hypothesis with no data?
What slam dunk data do you have that the JW "bible" is not a piece of crap? When I see you reply with a specific point I'll responds with bs,.... er.... I mean "analysis".
Why do you avoid my questions?
What are you afraid of?
I've seen, examined, and acknowledge slam-dunk data confirming round Earth. What is a specific point you would accept as slam-dunk data confirming the NWT is not a piece of crap? I answer your questions one at a time if they seem worthwhile to me. What's next?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113007 Mar 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You do love conclusions but not scrutinizing the data upon which Wathctowerism ise based. I realize you probably don't understand much/most of that data. Your side likes to just "defer" to the experts. Experts can have agendas too, can't they?
How come I can find so much anti-JW information an you can never refute it? Why do you run away? What are you afraid of?
I can and do refute what you provide one specific data point at a time.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#113008 Mar 27, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
And Oak Trees not being "Oak Trees"?
Exactly. Only made of oak wood. A true classic.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113009 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, the people who have done the science and published are too busy doing further science and the articles are behind pay-walls, so we'll never be able to furnish you relevant data.
So I suppose you are right it happened because we can't disprove it to your satisfaction
I find the data I need not behind pay-walls. I guess my sources don't have the same agenda as yours.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#113010 Mar 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and do refute what you provide one specific data point at a time.
In your dreams.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#113011 Mar 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
By definition, because you've chosen a particular definition that suits your liking. However, there is no evidence that such God exists, nor the extent of such a God's knowledge if such a God does indeed exist. You assume a lot, and then you build arguments on those assumptions and call your assumptions "data." And, you say that your logic isn't faulty. Riiiiiiiiiight.
By the way, "virtually everything?" Wow. You still leave room for yourself to be in some way intellectually superior to your omniscient God. You're such an arrogant bastard.
When I see you stop playing both parts (you and ME), I'll defend the real me if/as appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 47 min Fit2Serve 195,152
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr onetwoxyz 11,182
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Chimney1 29,450
Science News (Sep '13) 16 hr Ricky F 3,573
kitchen Fitters In Manchester Area Wed lihatsaja1 1
Ribose can be produced in space Apr 26 MIDutch 2
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Apr 26 ChristineM 14,551
More from around the web