It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 161443 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112673 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The start of the chapter states that JHWH was going to write it.

And then he deferred that responsibility to Moses.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112674 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a variable. It's a condition. Where's the variability in "without ANY benefit"?
It is consistent with the routing of nerve under discussion. IF you know of a benefit, spit it out.
KAB wrote:
I haven't yet thought of a good reason to route the headlight wiring thru the rear bumper, but then I'm not YHWH (i.e., not as knowledgeable).
Agreed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112675 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered a restrictive question as posed. The restrictions are not applicable to the real situation, therefore the answer doesn't apply to the real situation. Logic is not even in your toolbox, but I see you have a blindfold!

Calling others out on your game? Really?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112676 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the notion of a demonstrated reliable source is nonsense?

Can you give one example purportedly confirming that? If it withstands scrutiny you'll have something worth much more than just an assertion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112677 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
the Bible allows me to do whatever I want, but it strongly recommends not doing certain things like wasting time with that which does not adhere to what is confirmed.

Does the bible say you can attend class reunions?
KAB

United States

#112678 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove what? That zero equals zero?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112679 Mar 22, 2013
KAB

Who runs the Watchtower?

Does the Watchtower actually teach Jehovah's Witnesses to cover-up or lie about certain facts, even in court?

If another JW lies are you required to repeat the lie?

Now, if the bible teaches (John 8:44) "you belong to your father, the devil,.... not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Does that not mean the true leader of the Watchtower is Satan? Where am I going wrong in my logic?

Are you practicing "Theocratic War" in our club?
KAB

United States

#112680 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew
Early Christian tradition held that the Gospel of Matthew was written in "Hebrew" (Aramaic, the language of Judea) by the apostle Matthew, the tax-collector and disciple of Jesus,[79] but according to the majority of modern scholars it is unlikely that this Gospel was written by an eyewitness.[80] Modern scholars interpret the tradition to mean that Papias, its source, writing about 125–150 CE, believed that Matthew had made a collection of the sayings of Jesus.[81] Papias's description does not correspond well with what is known of the gospel: it was most probably written in Greek, not Aramaic or Hebrew, it depends on the Greek Gospels of Mark and on the hypothetical Q document, and it is not a collection of sayings.[82] Although the identity of the author is unknown, the internal evidence of the Gospel suggests that he was an ethnic Jewish male scribe from a Hellenised city, possibly Antioch in Syria,[83] and that he wrote between 70 and 100 CE[84] using a variety of oral traditions and written sources about Jesus.[85]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorship_of_th...
How does, "identity of the author is unknown" confirm who the author was?
KAB

United States

#112681 Mar 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think YOUR notion of a demonstrated reliable source is nonsense.
Perhaps we could use your notion of a demonstrated reliable source. What is it?
KAB

United States

#112682 Mar 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, neither can you.
The difference is I've never handled the info as if I could confirm who wrote the gospels. It's your side which chronically behaves that way, no matter the topic.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112683 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hold to the rules of logic and invite you to prove otherwise.
(Jehovah's Witnesses)
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
is run the way Jesus would run it, as best that can be known (Prov. 25:25).
"What, however, is the effect when spiritual “guidance” becomes
mental domination, even spiritual tyranny? What happens when the
desirable qualities of unity and order are substituted for by demands for institutionalized conformity and by legalistic regimentation? What results when proper respect for authority is converted into servility, unquestioning submission, an abandonment of personal responsibility before God to make decisions based on individual conscience?"

"The organizational character and spirit manifest in
the 1980s, continued essentially unchanged in the 1990s, and remains the same in this year 2004.
Perhaps the greatest value in seeing this is, I feel, that it can
help us discern more clearly what the fundamental issues were in
the days of Jesus Christ and his apostles, and understand why and
how a tragic deviation from their teachings and example came, so
subtly, with such relative ease, in so brief a span of time." - Raymond Franz, JW GB member 1971 - 1980 Disfellowshipped, 1980.

On 18 March 1981 Franz's employer in Alabama submitted a letter of disassociation from Jehovah's Witnesses. A Watchtower article on 15 September 1981 announced a change of policy on disassociation, directing that those who formally withdrew from the religion were to be treated by Witnesses as a disfellowshipped wrongdoer.- Wikipedia

I see no logical correlation between the actions of the Governing Board of your sect and any remotest notion that it is run "the way Jesus would have run it."
KAB

United States

#112684 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus was only an archangel (Michael)?
Chapter and verse, please.
Nowhere, since the Bible states Jesus was a lot of things. Perhaps you should have stayed on topic. Bob says you kill him. I imagine the thought would cross your mind if you could get your hands on him, eh Doc?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112685 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
How does, "identity of the author is unknown" confirm who the author was?

It confirms that the author is unknown.

[I hope I used small enough words]
KAB

United States

#112686 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you prove it is satanic to play chess?
I can't even think of a reason to try.
KAB

United States

#112687 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have done so.
Where is YHWH used in original documents of the NT?
Where is Yahwah used in the NT of ANY LEGITIMATE translation of the bible?
YHWH would have been used in the NT quotes from the OT. It's used in the NWT NT.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112688 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps we could use your notion of a demonstrated reliable source. What is it?

I've given mine. You back away from it pretty quick.

BTW, Can you show me in the bible where it says to give false prophets a second or third (50th) chance to get it right?

Is it true that your overlords now have a rule AGAINST prophecy?

You seem to be avoiding these questions. That's cool, you're still in the Darwin Crowd Club.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#112689 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is I've never handled the info as if I could confirm who wrote the gospels. It's your side which chronically behaves that way, no matter the topic.

Can you confirm why does the New World Translation insert the word “other” four times into Colossians chapter 1 when it isn’t in the Greek manuscripts at all?

Doesn’t this change the meaning of the text?

Isn't this fraud?

Isn't the response that you want to send but won't actually more double talk?
KAB

United States

#112690 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you consider it possible that this forum is a worldly source?
What do you make of 1 Tim 2:5 (from a real translation)?
I don't consider forums sources at all, possibly indirect conduits to some sources. Most forums I've seen don't even provide enough source references to be useful, overwhelmingly just assertions, similar to your side of this forum.

I make of 1 Tim. 2:5 rather exactly what it states.
KAB

United States

#112691 Mar 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Valid reasoning doesn't care about sources and reliability. It cares about the claim or argument at hand and the evidence that supports or refutes it. Valid reasoning does not consider the source of a claim as evidence of that claim's veracity.
Aside from that, do you accept that a source could be demonstrated to be reliable?
KAB

United States

#112692 Mar 22, 2013
Dogen wrote:
JW "bible VS Christian Bible
1 Tim 2:4-6
JW Bible
4whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,
6who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times
[Oh, the contortions!]
NASB
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the [a]knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony [b]given at [c]the proper time.
YLT
who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;
5 for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who did give himself a ransom for all -- the testimony in its own times --
Thanks for the data.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Eagle 12 30,181
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 32 min Subduction Zone 70,274
G-d versus Evolution? 3 hr Paul Scott 26
Known human ancestors (Nov '16) 4 hr Paul Scott 49
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Paul Scott 3,800
Do alleged ERVs confirm common descent? 6 hr Subduction Zone 31
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 17 hr Paul Scott 146
More from around the web