It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
110,541 - 110,560 of 136,151 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
More terms NOT found in the Bible:
"The Fall"
"Original Sin"
I agree.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you only CLAIM to refer to the oldest manuscripts and original languages.
You are so dumb you thing the NWT uses said manuscripts and translations. You are to chicken to even investigate the fraud.
I investigate the NWT continually. That's how I know it uses the ancient manuscripts and translations. It appears to be you who is aftraid to investigate. You just accept the summary statements of others (Galatians 6:5).

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Verse 28 does not name who carved the Ten Commandments on the tablets.
But verse 27 does.'27 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”'

At the start God said " and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.(@sshole)"

I guess after all of that talking he was tired and decided to have Moses do it.

At any rate, I don't care. The Tenth Commandment is still a ban on cheeseburgers.

That is a pretty potent sin. So bad it had to be one of the actual ten carved in stone. Not the first ten of hundreds that god spoke to the nation of Israel.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your defense.
Verse 27 does. Unless god lied or Moses refused.
dipstick.
Rats, you saw it too. But you got it four hours earlier. Of course I was gone at that time.

Good job.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
No data, no dice. that means a reference and/or a link.
Thanks for more nothing.
I gave you a reference. In fact, you gave you a reference, Mt. 10:32, but apparently you didn't check it yourself. This might work better for you if you choose the next point.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your defense.
Verse 27 does. Unless god lied or Moses refused.
dipstick.
Ex. 34:27
"And Jehovah went on to say to Moses:“Write down for yourself these words, because it is in accordance with these words that I do conclude a covenant with you and Israel.”

Verse 28 states, "... And he (that would be YHWH; see Deut. 4:13) proceeded to write upon the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Words."

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex. 34:27
"And Jehovah went on to say to Moses:“Write down for yourself these words, because it is in accordance with these words that I do conclude a covenant with you and Israel.”
Verse 28 states, "... And he (that would be YHWH; see Deut. 4:13) proceeded to write upon the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Words."
What a maroon. Now he has forgotten the start of the chapter.

Sheez, no wonder he believes that Noah's Ark garbage.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming who wrote a gospel.
All I need is one item of data confirming the existence of unicorns.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
So, the layngeal nerve in the giraffe is a poor bit of engineering. Thanks for agreeing, though it took way too long to get you to admit it. You recognize the error in such a design (if it were designed), and since evolution is merely about altering existing structures and "good enough" rather than what's optimal, evolution explains the giraffe's laryngeal nerve better than "God did it." You resist answering questions directly for exactly this reason. When you do, it can only ever lead to you contradicting your religious apologetics. Welcome to logic. As I've warned you before, logic is not your friend.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming the existence of unicorns.
Or Moses

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming who wrote a gospel.
They are known to be anonymous by scholars.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have consistently referred to oldest manuscripts and original languages in resolving questions/challenges, haven't I? You are among those constantly referring to English versions to try to make your points, aren't you?
Yes, you've been quite successful with that diversionary tactic - if clouding the already stagnant waters that is what you wish to call "resolving questions/challenges". The plain English is that the Bible in its earliest form was no more substantial or accurate than it is with the NWT refinements.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hold to the rules of logic and invite you to prove otherwise.
What "rules of logic" pretend that mythology is fact until proven false, then ignores evidence which confirms that mythology is false, then flat out lies about even that??
MIND YOUR 9TH COMMANDMENT, KAB.

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since it states in the book that they were not, there you go.
Show me!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I investigate the NWT continually. That's how I know it uses the ancient manuscripts and translations. It appears to be you who is aftraid to investigate. You just accept the summary statements of others (Galatians 6:5).
Reading the Fredrick Franz Bible and other GB approved propaganda is not the same thing as "investigate."
I understand that you aren't allowed to, but have you ever read "Crisis of Conscience," KAB?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you're saying ALL science is fake.
No, as usual you are coming to an idiotic conclusion based on your inability to argue the point.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Libertarian wrote:
We are surrounded by evolution in action. How would you explain how man managed to use to it to breed the domesticated animals he has?
That is micro, and no one is arguing about that.
Libertarian wrote:
Anyone who asks why apes are still around is just showing a complete lack of understanding of evolution. We came from a common ancestor.
Then please provide where this has been observed, tested, and replicated, which is demanded by the scientific method for a valid theory. I bet you can't!
Libertarian wrote:
If you don't believe in evoltion I suggest you never ever visit your doctor again as that is what all his knowledge and skill assumes. So you can't trust his knowledge.
Every doctor and scientist I know are creationists and reject Darwinism. Kindda blows your biases, huh?
Libertarian wrote:
Maybe that will lead the the non-believers into becoming victims of evolution themselves.
You don't even understand your own philosophy.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Libertarian wrote:
Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.
If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.
It doesn't matter what you "think". If you are such an authority on the design of life. Please relicate the origin of life. I bet you don't even understand the point I'm making, due to your inability to grant my request.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!
Damned right I plagiarized... sue me.
Feel free to use my creativity to make up for any lack of your own. I don't need to sue you, you're making my point!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
Of the various versions of the Ten Commandments I like to use the version that was supposedly carved in stone by God. That is the Exodus 34: 10-28 version. The modern interpretation of the 10th Commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.
Why do you think GOD gave us the 10 Commandments? I bet you get it wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 27 min Chimney1 172,468
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 1 hr Chimney1 161
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr wondering 114,872
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 17 hr Zog Has-fallen 343
Science News (Sep '13) Tue positronium 2,846
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) Aug 25 ChristineM 286
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••