It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112617 Mar 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about?
No data, no dice. that means a reference and/or a link.
Thanks for more nothing.
I gave you a reference. In fact, you gave you a reference, Mt. 10:32, but apparently you didn't check it yourself. This might work better for you if you choose the next point.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112618 Mar 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is your defense.
Verse 27 does. Unless god lied or Moses refused.
dipstick.
Ex. 34:27
"And Jehovah went on to say to Moses:“Write down for yourself these words, because it is in accordance with these words that I do conclude a covenant with you and Israel.”

Verse 28 states, "... And he (that would be YHWH; see Deut. 4:13) proceeded to write upon the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Words."

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112619 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ex. 34:27
"And Jehovah went on to say to Moses:“Write down for yourself these words, because it is in accordance with these words that I do conclude a covenant with you and Israel.”
Verse 28 states, "... And he (that would be YHWH; see Deut. 4:13) proceeded to write upon the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Words."
What a maroon. Now he has forgotten the start of the chapter.

Sheez, no wonder he believes that Noah's Ark garbage.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#112620 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming who wrote a gospel.
All I need is one item of data confirming the existence of unicorns.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#112621 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
So, the layngeal nerve in the giraffe is a poor bit of engineering. Thanks for agreeing, though it took way too long to get you to admit it. You recognize the error in such a design (if it were designed), and since evolution is merely about altering existing structures and "good enough" rather than what's optimal, evolution explains the giraffe's laryngeal nerve better than "God did it." You resist answering questions directly for exactly this reason. When you do, it can only ever lead to you contradicting your religious apologetics. Welcome to logic. As I've warned you before, logic is not your friend.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#112622 Mar 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming the existence of unicorns.
Or Moses

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#112623 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming who wrote a gospel.
They are known to be anonymous by scholars.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112624 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I have consistently referred to oldest manuscripts and original languages in resolving questions/challenges, haven't I? You are among those constantly referring to English versions to try to make your points, aren't you?
Yes, you've been quite successful with that diversionary tactic - if clouding the already stagnant waters that is what you wish to call "resolving questions/challenges". The plain English is that the Bible in its earliest form was no more substantial or accurate than it is with the NWT refinements.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112625 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hold to the rules of logic and invite you to prove otherwise.
What "rules of logic" pretend that mythology is fact until proven false, then ignores evidence which confirms that mythology is false, then flat out lies about even that??
MIND YOUR 9TH COMMANDMENT, KAB.

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#112626 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since it states in the book that they were not, there you go.
Show me!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#112627 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I investigate the NWT continually. That's how I know it uses the ancient manuscripts and translations. It appears to be you who is aftraid to investigate. You just accept the summary statements of others (Galatians 6:5).
Reading the Fredrick Franz Bible and other GB approved propaganda is not the same thing as "investigate."
I understand that you aren't allowed to, but have you ever read "Crisis of Conscience," KAB?

Level 1

Location hidden

#112628 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then you're saying ALL science is fake.
No, as usual you are coming to an idiotic conclusion based on your inability to argue the point.

Level 1

Location hidden

#112629 Mar 22, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
We are surrounded by evolution in action. How would you explain how man managed to use to it to breed the domesticated animals he has?
That is micro, and no one is arguing about that.
Libertarian wrote:
Anyone who asks why apes are still around is just showing a complete lack of understanding of evolution. We came from a common ancestor.
Then please provide where this has been observed, tested, and replicated, which is demanded by the scientific method for a valid theory. I bet you can't!
Libertarian wrote:
If you don't believe in evoltion I suggest you never ever visit your doctor again as that is what all his knowledge and skill assumes. So you can't trust his knowledge.
Every doctor and scientist I know are creationists and reject Darwinism. Kindda blows your biases, huh?
Libertarian wrote:
Maybe that will lead the the non-believers into becoming victims of evolution themselves.
You don't even understand your own philosophy.

Level 1

Location hidden

#112630 Mar 22, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.
If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.
It doesn't matter what you "think". If you are such an authority on the design of life. Please relicate the origin of life. I bet you don't even understand the point I'm making, due to your inability to grant my request.

Level 1

Location hidden

#112631 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!
Damned right I plagiarized... sue me.
Feel free to use my creativity to make up for any lack of your own. I don't need to sue you, you're making my point!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#112632 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Of the various versions of the Ten Commandments I like to use the version that was supposedly carved in stone by God. That is the Exodus 34: 10-28 version. The modern interpretation of the 10th Commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.
Why do you think GOD gave us the 10 Commandments? I bet you get it wrong!

Level 1

Location hidden

#112633 Mar 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, your deity is Jewish, as was your saviour - and the Muslims believe in both.
That covers all the really important stuff, doesn't it?
Not even close. You are not even in the ball Park!!!
KAB

United States

#112634 Mar 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You accept everything in the Bible as true based on some ambiguous subjective standard, while the rules of logic and reason we hold ourselves to do not recognize that as a valid means of determining which claims should be accepted and which shouldn't. We don't recognize the source of a claim as sufficient evidence for accepting claims that defy the known laws of physics and genetics because the rules of logic and reason prohibit that, but you do.
No matter how many times you claim otherwise, you are using a wholly different and generally useless set of rules regarding logic and reason than we are. Disagree? Then you must give up your "Bible is a demonstrated reliable source" nonsense. Because you thinking you're right about your religion is more important to you than reality is, you will not do this. Surprise me.
Do you think the notion of a demonstrated reliable source is nonsense?
KAB

United States

#112635 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But verse 27 does.'27 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”'
At the start God said " and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.(@sshole)"
I guess after all of that talking he was tired and decided to have Moses do it.
At any rate, I don't care. The Tenth Commandment is still a ban on cheeseburgers.
That is a pretty potent sin. So bad it had to be one of the actual ten carved in stone. Not the first ten of hundreds that god spoke to the nation of Israel.
Did you notice that two individuals are named in vs. 27, to either of which the pronoun he in vs. 28 could refer? You may also want to check Deut. 4:13 for clarification.
KAB

United States

#112636 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a maroon. Now he has forgotten the start of the chapter.
Sheez, no wonder he believes that Noah's Ark garbage.
The start of the chapter states that JHWH was going to write it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 20 min replaytime 133,653
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 5 hr Kong_ 626
How would creationists explain... 7 hr TurkanaBoy 393
Science News (Sep '13) 7 hr positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web