It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,527)

Showing posts 110,521 - 110,540 of133,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can think straight.
Dataless assertion.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He attempted to pose an engineering problem. That's the context of my response. So far, however, I have no reason to believe he or you are technically saavy about anything. For example, other than your long-ago assertion of mathematical prowess, I've never seen any significant mathematical content come forth from you, and you rarely seem to correctly understand anything of any technical nature.
Yet you cannot counter me. Why is that? Is it because your not so nearly 'technically savvy' and you like to think? You claim everyone else in incompetent in the subject but you can't even begin to address a basic engineering principle.

All you can do is dodge the issue, wuss.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Of the various versions of the Ten Commandments I like to use the version that was supposedly carved in stone by God. That is the Exodus 34: 10-28 version. The modern interpretation of the 10th Commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently better than you understand it. I purposely use technically complex expressions as a screening test for adversarial receivers.
In other words, you're simply full of shit.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

And of course the Bible cannot maintain a consistent story in that one chapter.

If you read verse one of Exodus 34 you will see God claiming that he will carve the message in stone like he did the last time. In verse 27 and 28 it says that Moses wrote them in the tablets. Way to be consistent:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>30 years is almost instantly compared to most historical documents, and I bet you can't prove they were not eyewitness accounts, just like you can't prove the origin of life. You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!

They do not claim to be eye witness accounts.

The titles were added later.

The actual authors wrote a 3rd person narrative.

Some of the texts it duplicated between books and appear to be from an earlier source that did not survive.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>With GOD? Absolutely!!!<quoted text>No, It makes you look less intelligent because you have no clue concerning GOD!!<quoted text>For an engineer, that would be a flaw because a door won't support what a bridge pillar can, but for GOD it is just a matter of preference. He can make a door and balance the bridge on it if he wants too!

Can you tell KAB this? He really has an issue with God being all powerful.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
1: Laryngeal nerve - giraffe.
2: Keep an eye out for a documentary about the Jehoveh's Witnesses. Prepare your defensive rationalizations now! http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...
3: Why don't you hold yourself to the established rules of logic as we do ourselves?

I think many people believe that JWs are just another branch of Fundies. This shows a bit more of their nefariousness.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe this will help. It's not a double negative. It's two single negatives, not confirmed and inerrant (i.e., not errant). Thus, it is not "not not confirmed = confirmed" and "not not errant = errant" which combined would be "confirmed errant". It is instead "not confirmed not errant". Thus, since it is not confirmed, it could be not errant. You are so not logically (an extension of technically) saavy. If this still doesn't register, ask a logic expert you trust.

LOL. You are hysterical.

Perfectly lucid doublespeak.

My analysis stands. Anyone interested can compare your contortions to my analysis.

You know, admitting you are wrong is not that bad. Ask any former JW.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence you cannot is provided below.
Doublespeak is your native language, to be sure. Do you speak English at all?
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"not confirmed to be inerrant could still be inerrant"
--=/=-
Dropping out the double negative on one side of the equation leaves us with
'confirmed to be errant could still be inerrant'
You really seem rattled today.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't appear to WANT to understand much of anything at all.

This has long been my, bottom line, criticism of KAB. He claims on thing then evidences quite another.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you will give and analyze a specific example? I think not since you can't.

Pick one of your posts. Your misuse of logic is chronic as is your use of doublespeak.

I really don't think you know how transparent you are to others. Trying to hide behind words can slip you out of a jam, but you cry wolf at every turn.

We all know your game. Well, most of us know your game. I doubt you are aware of it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose we could prevail upon you to confirm the writership assertion.

Look it up. You claim to want to know the truth. Man up, coward.

Your claims ring hollow.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Libertarian wrote:
Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.
If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.
It seems you haven't studied the Bible carefully.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
1: Laryngeal nerve - giraffe.
2: Keep an eye out for a documentary about the Jehoveh's Witnesses. Prepare your defensive rationalizations now! http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...
3: Why don't you hold yourself to the established rules of logic as we do ourselves?
I do hold to the rules of logic and invite you to prove otherwise.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I note that you conspicuously refer to and express reverence for oldest available sources, yet adhere lock-step with modern (JW) translations, medieval forms and Byzantine materials.
You don't appear to WANT to understand much of anything at all.
Actually, I have consistently referred to oldest manuscripts and original languages in resolving questions/challenges, haven't I? You are among those constantly referring to English versions to try to make your points, aren't you?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I provide them to you on a daily basis and all I get in return is a song and dance.
Please defend just one point. One would be a start, right, if it withstands scrutiny? I suggest you make it what you consider one of the best.
Will you man up? Or will it be another KAB epic fail?
I have placed my bet.
From one of your recent master lists,

"The Greek word “en” meaning “in” is paraphrased as “in union with” to support the Watchtower teaching that Christians support the cause of Christ, but do not have Christ dwelling within them.
Matthew 10:32 (twice)"

Nothing in KJV about Christ dwelling within Christians there.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't dispute me. No surprise. Engineering is obviously not one of your talents. Among many other things.
Instead of breaking wind, why don't you give us your explanation as to why introducing additional and unnecessary potential points of failure without any benefit is a good engineering practice?
If you can.
It isn't.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't.
Good. Then it's settled. Your designer is piss poor at his job.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what you are talking about. Christianity can not by definition morph into any mix. Christians claim Jesus as the only way, and any doctrin other than that is to be rejected by all Christians. Christians know in whom they believe, and that will never change.
And yet, your deity is Jewish, as was your saviour - and the Muslims believe in both.

That covers all the really important stuff, doesn't it?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose we could prevail upon you to confirm the writership assertion.
Marcus Borg, Consulting Editor, "The Lost Gospel Q: The Original Sayings of Jesus",Ulysses Press, Berkeley CA (1996), P. 15 & 28

Burton L. Mack, "The Lost Gospel of Q: The Book of Christian Origins", Harper, San Francisco,(1993)

Burton L. Mack, "Who Wrote the New Testament?", Harper Collins, San Francisco,(1995)

Robert J. Miller, Ed., "The Complete Gospels", Polebridge Press, Sonoma CA,(1992), P. 249-300.

F.V. Filson, "The Literary Relations among the Gospels," essay in

C.M. Laymon: "The Interpreter's One-Volume Commentary on the Bible," Abingdon Press, Nashville, TN,(1991)

"The Interpreter's One-Volume Commentary on the Bible," Abingdon Press, Nashville, TN,(1991)

Rev. C.I. Schofield, "The Schofield Reference Bible," Oxford University Press, New York, NY

H.H. Halley, "Halley's Bible Handbook," Zondervan, Grand Rapids, MI,(1965)

H.L. Wilmington, "Wilmington's Bible Handbook," Tyndale, Wheaton, IL,(1997)
P.N. Benware, "Survey of the New Testament," Moody Press, Chicago, IL,(1990)

J.D. Douglas, Gen. Ed., "New Commentary on the Whole Bible," Tyndale, Wheaton, IL,(1990)

L.P. Pherigo, "The Gospel According to Mark," essay in C.M. Laymon: "The Interpreter's One-Volume Commentary on the Bible," Abingdon Press, Nashville, TN,(1991), P. 644

R. Shorto, "Gospel Truth," Riverhead Books, New York, NY,(1997)

R.W. Funk, et al., "The Parables of Jesus," Polebridge Press (1988) Page xvii.

R.J. Miller, op cit., P. 402-405

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 110,521 - 110,540 of133,171
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
When Will Evolutionists Confess Their Atheistic... 10 min Kenedy njoroge 1,278
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min bohart 112,010
Intelligent Design - Deist style (Dec '09) 5 hr Kong_ 54
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 6 hr Aura Mytha 171,269
Science News (Sep '13) Fri positronium 2,822
Ann Coulter: Idiot (Sep '11) Jul 10 DanFromSmithville 358
Plan your Relocation needs with Packers and Mov... Jul 7 shashi12 1
•••
•••