It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
110,501 - 110,520 of 134,118 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>With GOD? Absolutely!!!<quoted text>No, It makes you look less intelligent because you have no clue concerning GOD!!<quoted text>For an engineer, that would be a flaw because a door won't support what a bridge pillar can, but for GOD it is just a matter of preference. He can make a door and balance the bridge on it if he wants too!
So then you're saying ALL science is fake.
Libertarian

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

We are surrounded by evolution in action. How would you explain how man managed to use to it to breed the domesticated animals he has?

Anyone who asks why apes are still around is just showing a complete lack of understanding of evolution. We came from a common ancestor.

If you don't believe in evoltion I suggest you never ever visit your doctor again as that is what all his knowledge and skill assumes. So you can't trust his knowledge.

Maybe that will lead the the non-believers into becoming victims of evolution themselves.
Libertarian

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.

If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never invoked the "mysterious" statement and don't intend to. Apparently, you think you know everything there is to know about this long nerve. Will that prove to be the case, or will it prove to be the next appendix?
1: Laryngeal nerve - giraffe.

2: Keep an eye out for a documentary about the Jehoveh's Witnesses. Prepare your defensive rationalizations now! http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...

3: Why don't you hold yourself to the established rules of logic as we do ourselves?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as dataless as ever. You should check out cult on Webster's Online. Welcome to the club!
http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>With GOD? Absolutely!!!<quoted text>No, It makes you look less intelligent because you have no clue concerning GOD!!<quoted text>For an engineer, that would be a flaw because a door won't support what a bridge pillar can, but for GOD it is just a matter of preference. He can make a door and balance the bridge on it if he wants too!
So, "intelligent design" becomes undetectable because absolutely anything, even things we deem horribly unintelligent and poorly designed, must, by definition, be considered "intelligently designed." In other words, you begin with the conclusion, and then declare that no matter the evidence, everything fits the conclusion. The perfection of the circularity of your argument is absolutely fantastic.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please remember that.
Since it's easily confirmed correct, you can count on it.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence you cannot is provided below.
Doublespeak is your native language, to be sure. Do you speak English at all?
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
"not confirmed to be inerrant could still be inerrant"
--=/=-
Dropping out the double negative on one side of the equation leaves us with
'confirmed to be errant could still be inerrant'
You really seem rattled today.
Maybe this will help. It's not a double negative. It's two single negatives, not confirmed and inerrant (i.e., not errant). Thus, it is not "not not confirmed = confirmed" and "not not errant = errant" which combined would be "confirmed errant". It is instead "not confirmed not errant". Thus, since it is not confirmed, it could be not errant. You are so not logically (an extension of technically) saavy. If this still doesn't register, ask a logic expert you trust.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't appear to understand the history of chapter and verse numbering of the Bible.
Really? I note that you conspicuously refer to and express reverence for oldest available sources, yet adhere lock-step with modern (JW) translations, medieval forms and Byzantine materials.
You don't appear to WANT to understand much of anything at all.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you draw together words that are completely unrelated into nonsensical compositions that you think resemble grammatically correct and literate sentences but in reality simply betray a complete and total lack of any subject matter you are sadly, attempting to, address.
I wonder if you will give and analyze a specific example? I think not since you can't.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

marksman11 wrote:
You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!

Damned right I plagiarized... sue me.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like the Gospels.
Written 30 years and later after the event.
And not by eyewitnesses.
I don't suppose we could prevail upon you to confirm the writership assertion.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide just one point. One is all that's needed, right, if it withstands scrutiny? I suggest you make it what you consider one of the best.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I provide them to you on a daily basis and all I get in return is a song and dance.

Please defend just one point. One would be a start, right, if it withstands scrutiny? I suggest you make it what you consider one of the best.

Will you man up? Or will it be another KAB epic fail?

I have placed my bet.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as dataless as ever. You should check out cult on Webster's Online. Welcome to the club!

No answers
Same issues

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to you. You are a typical cultist in every way.
When you believe something, all the evidence points that way. But the evidence never points that way if you don't have the belief or a desire to believe.
There is not a cultist on the planet who does not think their religion is perfect, or nearly so, and can show you the evidence to "prove it".
The cult tactic it to show the potential brainwashee only snip-its of evidence that can (in absentia of larger reality) be added up only one way.
Once there is buy-in it is difficult to ever get them to see reality.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the two versions of the 10 commandments in the bible do not agree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments...
Imagine my shock.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been in process constantly for a long time without a hitch.
Only for the delusional.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I thought. Your contribution was worthless for the purpose of the exercise.
So you can't dispute me. No surprise. Engineering is obviously not one of your talents. Among many other things.

Instead of breaking wind, why don't you give us your explanation as to why introducing additional and unnecessary potential points of failure without any benefit is a good engineering practice?

If you can.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I can think straight.
Dataless assertion.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He attempted to pose an engineering problem. That's the context of my response. So far, however, I have no reason to believe he or you are technically saavy about anything. For example, other than your long-ago assertion of mathematical prowess, I've never seen any significant mathematical content come forth from you, and you rarely seem to correctly understand anything of any technical nature.
Yet you cannot counter me. Why is that? Is it because your not so nearly 'technically savvy' and you like to think? You claim everyone else in incompetent in the subject but you can't even begin to address a basic engineering principle.

All you can do is dodge the issue, wuss.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Of the various versions of the Ten Commandments I like to use the version that was supposedly carved in stone by God. That is the Exodus 34: 10-28 version. The modern interpretation of the 10th Commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••