It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
110,481 - 110,500 of 136,260 Comments Last updated 57 min ago
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112553 Mar 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a time when it's more intelligent/efficient to use 60x the length of nerve to connect the brain to something 3 inches away? Fascinating. Please, tell us of such a time. Also, if you resort to embryology, why couldn't your God simply make animals in such a way that they don't need such a long nerve? An omnipotent and omniscient God surely would have plenty of time and would not be incapable of just doing so. Of course, you can always fall back on "God works in mysterious ways." After all, that covers up pretty much every ridiculous failure of the Bible, doesn't it? Yeah, it does.
I've never invoked the "mysterious" statement and don't intend to. Apparently, you think you know everything there is to know about this long nerve. Will that prove to be the case, or will it prove to be the next appendix?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112554 Mar 20, 2013
How exactly like a flock of goats?

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/literary-cr...

riddle resolved by an enigma. ;)

A parallel: the people making a intermediary (Moses taking his time and people wonder what keeps him) to connect with El, so as to marry the land with their god, according to an old Canaanite tradition of the bull mounting two cows.
Song of (many)songs being a marital hymn where the groom to be, asks the father if he can marry her.

I also looked at chronology. Ugarit 1200 BC as only half destroyed and kept going till 854 BC when the Assyrians invaded (every 360 years a selestial event makes for easy reckoning).
This revision of chronology by 600 years explains a lot of anomalies in gravefinds and also assures the firm Canaanite connection. And gives Hurrians and Ionains a place. So not a case of stealing/borrowing strangers poetry but of intertwined culture and rituals.

Uduma (adamma)also as town and mariannu (of ultimately Assyrian/Syrian Anath) as footsoldiers are found again.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112555 Mar 20, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you simply accept everything the Bible says as true.
I'd love to watch you and a Muslim apologist discuss the mutually exclusive perfection of your holy books until the two of you implode upon each other.
I've been seeking that opportunity for some time now, but I don't live in a Muslim area, so it may be awhile until appropriate circumstances arise.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112556 Mar 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to know I can go around killing people if I want to.
Actually, it is a common Christian error which Jesus tried to make clear; see Mark 10:19 and Luke 18:20.
Then try Matthew 5:17-18.
Maybe you should try reading a bible. Should be pretty clear. Now, at this point I am not down on the JWs any more than most other Christian groups that make the same error.
At this point you will load up your gun with the writings of a man who never met Jesus and who Jesus's disciples disregarded and sent on long trips to get rid of him.
I am waiting.
Nothing there which says you can go around killing people, and I've never known Christians to commit the error of thinking they could. You're the only one of any persuasion. What's next?
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112557 Mar 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB is the worlds leading authority on DoubleSpeak and its good friend DoubleThink
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink
Like any good Doublespeaker/Doublethinker, he will ignore this or respond in the most verbose and opaque manor possible.
NA
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112558 Mar 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, goalpost moved again.
The point Job does not reference his time period in any confirmed way. You make the unsubstantiated and unwarranted assumption that it is nearly a thousand years older than most scholars say it is. Does "face value" mean ignoring selected and substantial evidence?
You tell me. What does face value mean?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#112559 Mar 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He attempted to pose an engineering problem. That's the context of my response. So far, however, I have no reason to believe he or you are technically saavy about anything. For example, other than your long-ago assertion of mathematical prowess, I've never seen any significant mathematical content come forth from you, and you rarely seem to correctly understand anything of any technical nature.
You seem to think that computers and humans are the same thing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#112560 Mar 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently better than you understand it. I purposely use technically complex expressions as a screening test for adversarial receivers.
No, you draw together words that are completely unrelated into nonsensical compositions that you think resemble grammatically correct and literate sentences but in reality simply betray a complete and total lack of any subject matter you are sadly, attempting to, address.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112561 Mar 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh. Epic fail.
Can you tell us the definition of "scripture" that would have been referenced when 2 Tim and 2 Pet was written?
I can.
About that word you keep using......
We have been down this road before. You seem to have gotten lost.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? How does your logic run.
Here is mine:
The only books of the bible who's authorship is known are some of the books attributed to Paul (who was not taking dictation from God).
Nothing in the bible indicates it was dictated or written in the 1st person by God. It does not have "Written By God" on the cover nor on the title page.
The bible does not claim it is error free.
Most of the books of the bible were written well after the events (real or imagined) that they speak about.
You sure about there being no errors in the originals?
This is not even to mention that the JWs forged "Jehovah" into the New Testament.
By scripture, those Bible writers were referring to what Christians recognize as God's word. Both references indicate that.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#112562 Mar 20, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems dishonest as this is a standing issue. The NWT is a travesty. A huge portion is stolen from previous translations. The translators were basically a group of ignorant bumpkins that just went through and inserted JW "theology" where it was needed to provide confirmation of their beliefs.
Now, as nasty as this sounds, the JW cult does get some things right that other denominations don't, but on the whole they are not a net improvement. They are a push between things they get more right and the things they get more wrong.
Is the JW cult run the way Jesus would run it? Would Jesus make you send in marketing reports and sales statistics? I know that is not what they are called, but that is what they are.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding again behind a moot point to avoid the real point?
Cannot you respond to the words of ChromiuMan?
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet - the same books, chapters and verses. If I say look up Matt. 7:3 you will read essentially the same thing regardless of the version or edition (not that you actually abide by Matt. 7:3, of course). For all of your protestations of veracity and earliest confirmed sources, all the NWT actually accomplishes is to reword the texts of the Catholic Bible to suit your denomination. So again, are you going to brush up on your Spanish to better understand your new Pope?
It is run the way Jesus would run it, as best that can be known (Prov. 25:25). Try testing any other professed Christian religion with that criterion.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#112563 Mar 20, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible itself acknowledges that at least some of it was not written the day after or by eye witnesses.
Yeah, like the Gospels.

Written 30 years and later after the event.

And not by eyewitnesses.

Level 1

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#112564 Mar 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like the Gospels.
Written 30 years and later after the event.
And not by eyewitnesses.
30 years is almost instantly compared to most historical documents, and I bet you can't prove they were not eyewitness accounts, just like you can't prove the origin of life. You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!

Level 1

Location hidden

#112565 Mar 21, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>The really,really funny thing is that the only thing separating Jews, Christians and Muslims is a small number of minor doctrinal differences.
If they could just iron those out...
Hey, I see an opening for a good salesman with a GREAT line of gab.
He could rule the world.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Christianity can not by definition morph into any mix. Christians claim Jesus as the only way, and any doctrin other than that is to be rejected by all Christians. Christians know in whom they believe, and that will never change.

Level 1

Location hidden

#112566 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So now it's no longer about efficiency but personal preference?
With GOD? Absolutely!!!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text> That makes your god look even less intelligent.
No, It makes you look less intelligent because you have no clue concerning GOD!!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text> Imagine an engineer decides to place a door in place of a bridge pillar and just states "I like it there, so that's what goes there."
For an engineer, that would be a flaw because a door won't support what a bridge pillar can, but for GOD it is just a matter of preference. He can make a door and balance the bridge on it if he wants too!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#112567 Mar 21, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>30 years is almost instantly compared to most historical documents, and I bet you can't prove they were not eyewitness accounts, just like you can't prove the origin of life. You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!
Well, since it states in the book that they were not, there you go.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#112568 Mar 21, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>With GOD? Absolutely!!!<quoted text>No, It makes you look less intelligent because you have no clue concerning GOD!!<quoted text>For an engineer, that would be a flaw because a door won't support what a bridge pillar can, but for GOD it is just a matter of preference. He can make a door and balance the bridge on it if he wants too!
So then you're saying ALL science is fake.
Libertarian

UK

#112569 Mar 21, 2013
We are surrounded by evolution in action. How would you explain how man managed to use to it to breed the domesticated animals he has?

Anyone who asks why apes are still around is just showing a complete lack of understanding of evolution. We came from a common ancestor.

If you don't believe in evoltion I suggest you never ever visit your doctor again as that is what all his knowledge and skill assumes. So you can't trust his knowledge.

Maybe that will lead the the non-believers into becoming victims of evolution themselves.
Libertarian

UK

#112570 Mar 21, 2013
Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.

If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#112571 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never invoked the "mysterious" statement and don't intend to. Apparently, you think you know everything there is to know about this long nerve. Will that prove to be the case, or will it prove to be the next appendix?
1: Laryngeal nerve - giraffe.

2: Keep an eye out for a documentary about the Jehoveh's Witnesses. Prepare your defensive rationalizations now! http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...

3: Why don't you hold yourself to the established rules of logic as we do ourselves?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#112572 Mar 21, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as dataless as ever. You should check out cult on Webster's Online. Welcome to the club!
http://gothamist.com/2013/02/19/new_documenta...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 23 min TurkanaBoy 115,233
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr One way or another 172,517
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 1 hr Infinite Force 204
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 12 hr TurkanaBoy 315
Science News (Sep '13) Thu positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
Natural Selection Not The Only Process That Dri... (Jan '14) Aug 25 reMAAT 20
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••