It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...
Comments
110,301 - 110,320 of 134,506 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
LowellGuy

Bandera, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As virtually always, your words, not mine.
Your God knows when you lie.
LowellGuy

Bandera, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If God exists, the answer is 100%. If God doesn't exist the answer is a zero-brainer.
Now, what is the likelihood of ANY supernatural beings existing?

Then, what is the likelihood of your God existing?
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is a clue to how to rationalize. You are very good at that, no doubt. But what is not there is simply not there. Assuming you know the mind of god (presuming you believe god had a had in it) is not a way to convince anyone but yourself.
Are you behind on your brainwashing quota? What is the standard for bringing in aspiring cult members?
I wonder why logical people are not flocking to you?
What is not there in the text is there in reality. Apparently, the Genesis references are more representative than exhaustive.

Regarding distribution of logical people, you needn't wonder. All your side's people are on the outside, and it's been rather significantly revealed how logical they are.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Odds my botkins, I think I just provided you a list of verses where it claims pretty much exactly that, just yesterday!
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I don't claim omniscience.
It wasn't a comprehensive list. It didn't include statements identifying what God didn't know. I don't think the word omniscience is even in the Bible, is it?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't address Gen. 1:1. No and No. Don't we all carry chimp genes too and perhaps even worm genes? I think all living things carry the same bases and basic DNA structure too.
So then your god is a failure at engineering and unimaginative. I don't think any god would like to be blamed in such a way.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This must be counted as a lie.
Name one case where you successfully (by the standards of others, not yourself) defended the bible even once?
Actually, your record is abysmal. Your best was the bit about fowl/birds, but you never responded to my attempt at disambiguation. In fewer words, you ran away.
I know my own standards very well, others not so much. Provide the standard you want me to use, then I can respond.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? It's not an "unexplained/unconfirmed assertion". We have the DNA analysis. And you *know* that.
What I know is that you are once again asserting "We have the WMDs", but you don't provide them to prove that.
KAB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what is the likelihood of ANY supernatural beings existing?
Then, what is the likelihood of your God existing?
Job 26:7. He got that bit of info from somewhere before humans even conceived such a concept.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Flowering plants, not ALL plants, are the current topic under consideration.
Are you OK Doc? You've been posting lately like you're losing your mind. Bob's thinks maybe you should see a shrink.

I love it when you know you are nailed.

ALL plants need sunlight to survive. And Plants are the base of the animal food chain.

HOW LONG IS THAT BIBLICAL DAY AGAIN!?!?!?!

Lets see how fast our cult control little one changes the subject.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously lying again. How could animal live for a day (which in your mind is at least millions of years) without plants?
The Hebrew is your problem, not your friend. You must think that a large garbage track is actually a bible!
You are odd so there is at least you at odds here.
Hello.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is exactly why I wrote him off as a loony a long time ago.
No errors in the bible? Hell, the bible doesn't even agree with itself let alone reality.

The bible is what it is. And it is not what fundies pretend it is. I stopped my idolatry of it long ago.

I must admit I get a little evil pleasure beating the fundies over the head with "their" own book.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is not there in the text is there in reality. Apparently, the Genesis references are more representative than exhaustive.
Regarding distribution of logical people, you needn't wonder. All your side's people are on the outside, and it's been rather significantly revealed how logical they are.

Remember, just yesterday, when I caught you in a lie.

Ah,... good times.

Anyhoot, I am not biting on your doublethink today. I get to live in a world where my beliefs are not completely inconsistent with reality. I like it better than my former religious delusions. You might too.

Would you mother be proud of you knowing you lie to people every day?

Would you mother be proud of you knowing you lie to YOURSELF every day?

I cannot get you out of the whole you have dug for yourself.

Cult members are like drug addicts. They all have their drug of choice, but if that drug did not exist they would likely be addicted to something else. What would you be addicted to if not for the JW cult?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you know you are nailed.
ALL plants need sunlight to survive. And Plants are the base of the animal food chain.
HOW LONG IS THAT BIBLICAL DAY AGAIN!?!?!?!
Lets see how fast our cult control little one changes the subject.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously lying again. How could animal live for a day (which in your mind is at least millions of years) without plants?
The Hebrew is your problem, not your friend. You must think that a large garbage track is actually a bible!
You are odd so there is at least you at odds here.
Hello.
God magik keep the plants alive for a thousand years waiting for the Sun.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't a comprehensive list. It didn't include statements identifying what God didn't know. I don't think the word omniscience is even in the Bible, is it?

Only in concept.

Hebrews 4:13
Psalm 139:7-10

Also not in the bible is trinity, Jehovah, Rapture, Incarnation, Divinity, Fall (capitalized), the golden rule, all men are created equal, Two of every kind of animal went on Noah's ark, that the kingdom of heaven is somewhere you go, Purgatory, Sacrament, Bible, immortal soul, Eucharist/Communion, Apostles' Creed, Easter, eternity (in new testament), second Coming, Christmas, Sabbath on any day except Saturday,......

The bible also does not claim to be perfect. Actually the bible makes no self referential comments at all (obviously, but some people believe it).

There is also nothing in the bible that would lead one to expect that Armageddon is coming.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my own standards very well, others not so much. Provide the standard you want me to use, then I can respond.

Where an objective, non-cult member, would agree that you did not just get you butt splattered all over the pavement.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What I know is that you are once again asserting "We have the WMDs", but you don't provide them to prove that.

Why are you against learning things for yourself? Ar you helpless?

Oh yes: it is against your cult's rules to read other bibles and to learn things that might conflict with their (your) beliefs.

Only they never say that EXPLICITLY, do they?

Okay, a few questions. You do like answering questions, don't you?

What does Jesus look like at this moment?

By what name does he go by?

Did you become a JW after ONLY reading the bible or after being exposed to WatchTower propagan..... er.... LITERATURE?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What you know is how to lie. I and others have presented enough data to bury you deeper than your non-existent flood. Our position has been well proven while you haven't been able to prove a damn thing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 26:7. He got that bit of info from somewhere before humans even conceived such a concept.

Actually, humans have known the world is round for at least 3,500 years.

Job was written nearly a thousand years after that around 600 b.c.

Look it up yourself.

Thanks for playing.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is what it is. And it is not what fundies pretend it is. I stopped my idolatry of it long ago.
I must admit I get a little evil pleasure beating the fundies over the head with "their" own book.
Agreed. But often far too easy.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
God magik keep the plants alive for a thousand years waiting for the Sun.

A thousand? the universe was created in 7 days of god and the universe is about 14,000,000,000 years old that comes out to about 2 billion years per day.

Of course that doe not work out well for the literalists, even ones that acknowledge the universe nearly 14 billion years old.

Lets go by first life on earth at 3.8 billion years. Life appeared... day 3 and we are on day 7, so about a billion years a day (roughly).

Pretty neat trick.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. But often far too easy.

Beating the crud out of fundies (and cultists) is not difficult, but they are so anesthetized that they don't feel a thing. That takes some of the fun out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min wondering 113,130
GOP House candidate Bob Frey believes dinosaurs... 47 min The Dude 20
One reason some Atheists arecomplete idiots. 53 min The Dude 58
British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... 1 hr wondering 153
The Universe is fine-tuned for life 1 hr wondering 418
Big Bang? 2 hr TurkanaBoy 297
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 15 hr Ooogah Boogah 171,518
•••
•••