It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 160998 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111527 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who makes statements which are not even related to the statements to which he is responding is confused, as you managed with the above.

I'm sorry, but your (dataless) assertion does not seem related to what I posted.

For your refresher:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very confused about science. Science does not work in assertions. That is the purview of science ignorant, dishonest, creotards.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#111528 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Like that is going to happen.
I picture KAB as a 475 lb. guy who would weigh more but he is sometimes to lazy to eat more.
I tend to make mental images of posters too.
But they would have a strict regime of eating, but American style, but also JW the wife brings it.
Wiry legs from the walking and door-knocking and then top heavy.
But just about all Americans are overweight in any case, so weight isn't much to go by.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#111529 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the resurrection have to do with the feast of the Goddess Eostre?
Eostre, of course, is a fertility goddess, her symbols were eggs, young bunnies, chicks, flowers and virgins.
The Christians kept everything but the virgins.
She was also the goddess of immortality and rebirth.
And "we loved her first".

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111530 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to make mental images of posters too.
But they would have a strict regime of eating, but American style, but also JW the wife brings it.
Wiry legs from the walking and door-knocking and then top heavy.
But just about all Americans are overweight in any case, so weight isn't much to go by.

At 225 I ain't exactly a featherweight myself.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111531 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
<quoted text>
Yes, there were people living before, DURING and after the flood. Civilization did not skip a beat. Rationalize this all you want.
<quoted text>
Neither are issues.
The no-brainer here seems to be that you didn't research any info before making your assertions. That is typical for you.
Typical for me is that I didn't make any assertions. Typical for you is foolishly parroting something which, by definition, can't apply. I think MAAT thinks you're doing fine tho. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Liuan, China

#111532 Mar 2, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>You are psychotic if you think that you have the ultimate truth concerning geological history.
Marksman, did she ever say that she had the ultimate truth?
If she did, I missed it.
In fact, I don't recall any Evolutionist on this board ever claiming to have the ultimate truth.
I thought that science was engaged in an ongoing effort to learn more and more.
The only field claiming to have the ultimate truth that I know of is religion.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Liuan, China

#111533 Mar 2, 2013
Markman, what's with this "you weren't there so you don't know" number?
That's a boomerang if ever there was one!

Level 5

Location hidden

#111534 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
At 225 I ain't exactly a featherweight myself.
Lbs what does that stand for? Some 18th century weight term?
So a 225 pound person weighs 102.27 kg.
How old are you :)))
Normally you'ld ask how tall, but after a certain age people frankly do not care that much and just want to enjoy life.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111535 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is false. Your bible is essentially what the WatchTower wants you to believe. It was translated by amateurs to conform to JW doctrine. It has been rewritten since then to continue to conform to (ever changing) W.T. doctrine.
You believe a fraud.
It is so sad.
It's most interesting that you can't confirm with data that there's anything incorrect in the NWT. I can confirm things which are incorrect in any one of your favorites.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111536 Mar 2, 2013
I weigh 12,2 more if you write lbs instead of kg.
And don't start playing doctor on me.;)
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111537 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>That would be three gospels (not even that but okay)no John.
Your bible is quite a bit bigger than that.
And you protested against the actual oldest available writing. All christians now do. They simply like what they have now. The earliest writing does not include a trinity not jesus nor christ nor a combination of these and it is not coupled to the hebrew bible, so no daniel either a.s.o.
What do you consider the oldest available writing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111538 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical for me is that I didn't make any assertions. Typical for you is foolishly parroting something which, by definition, can't apply. I think MAAT thinks you're doing fine tho. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
You opine and make assertions all the time.

But you never provide data that supports any of it.
Not for that matter a theory.

Try...it won't kill you.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111539 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, nope. Ancient Egyptians completely oppose most of your bible. Ancient Aztec writings are extremely different. Ancient Incan writings are different as well. Sumerian, nothing like your bible. Those are the oldest writings that are actual texts. Then there are the cave drawings, a primitive form of writing that is technically not writing but do tell stories ... and they're alien compared to your myths.
I was referring to the oldest available versions of the Hebrew and Greek which is compiled into the Bible.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111540 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You opine and make assertions all the time.
But you never provide data that supports any of it.
Not for that matter a theory.
Try...it won't kill you.
I was referring to a single post wherein Dr. D made reference to me having made assertions in that post, but I didn't.

I make assertions which I readily support with data when requested. Why doesn't your side do that?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111541 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical for me is that I didn't make any assertions.

That is an assertion. That is typical for you.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> Typical for you is foolishly parroting something which, by definition, can't apply.

That is an assertion. I back my statements up with facts.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> I think MAAT thinks you're doing fine tho.

Another unsupported assertion. Get the idea yet.
KAB wrote:
<quoted text> I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I don't mind. At least he knows something about biblical history. More than I can say for you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111542 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Lbs what does that stand for? Some 18th century weight term?
So a 225 pound person weighs 102.27 kg.
How old are you :)))
Normally you'ld ask how tall, but after a certain age people frankly do not care that much and just want to enjoy life.

I am trying to get down to double digits (in Kg).

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111543 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's most interesting that you can't confirm with data that there's anything incorrect in the NWT. I can confirm things which are incorrect in any one of your favorites.

It includes additions in Mark that are not in the earliest versions (making either the watchtower or yourself a liar).

They use the sacrilegious "translations" Jehovah.

Third, your bible does NOT come from original sources. Most of the OT is from the Kittels Biblia Hebracia (BHK).

The NT was taken from the Westcott and Hort manuscripts.

Third, YHWH (correctly translated Yahweh or Yahwah and NOT Jehovah) is NOT USED IN THE ORIGINAL NT DOCUMENTS. JWs FORCE the word in when it is NOT USED.

Forth: The New World translation biased. Dr. Robert Countess, who wrote a doctoral dissertation on the Greek text of the New World translation, concluded the translation "has been sharply unsuccessful in keeping doctrinal considerations from influencing the actual translationIt must be viewed as a radically biased piece of work. At some points it is actually dishonest. At others it is neither modern nor scholarly."

Fifth: British scholar H.H. Rowley stated, "from the beginning to end this volume is a shining example of how the Bible should not be translated." He went on to say "this translation is an insult to the Word of God.

More on:
http://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses

Point the sixth: The translators were amateurs and their translations amateurish. They were completely unqualified for the task. NONE of the five knew Hebrew or Greek.

Point the seventh: The translators got all the way to Gen 1:2 before they made their first translation error. In order to conform to watchtower doctrine they had to change the verse to read "and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters,". Why? Because the Hebrew rendering would be "spirit of god" which is against Watchtower doctrine and dogma.

I can go on, but it will not matter. You will not check any of this. You will cry in your soup but will claim it is all assertions and not true. You won't have the guts to search for the truth.

"Seek and ye shall find."

You just can't allow that, now can you?

"bury your head in the sand and ye shall be a good JW!"
Ah,.... that's more like it, eh?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111544 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the oldest available versions of the Hebrew and Greek which is compiled into the Bible.

Why refer to them. So you can imagine that your book (will not glorify it by calling it a 'bible') is based on original documents.

Sorry. that has been debunked.

Your cult leaders felt it necessary to lie to you to make you a good JW.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111545 Mar 2, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to a single post wherein Dr. D made reference to me having made assertions in that post, but I didn't.
I make assertions which I readily support with data when requested. Why doesn't your side do that?

That is an interesting assertion (a usual with no data to back it up).

I guess since your cult is devoted to lying to you that you feel justified in lying about whatever pleases you.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111546 Mar 2, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
It includes additions in Mark that are not in the earliest versions (making either the watchtower or yourself a liar).
They use the sacrilegious "translations" Jehovah.
Third, your bible does NOT come from original sources. Most of the OT is from the Kittels Biblia Hebracia (BHK).
The NT was taken from the Westcott and Hort manuscripts.
Third, YHWH (correctly translated Yahweh or Yahwah and NOT Jehovah) is NOT USED IN THE ORIGINAL NT DOCUMENTS. JWs FORCE the word in when it is NOT USED.
Forth: The New World translation biased. Dr. Robert Countess, who wrote a doctoral dissertation on the Greek text of the New World translation, concluded the translation "has been sharply unsuccessful in keeping doctrinal considerations from influencing the actual translationIt must be viewed as a radically biased piece of work. At some points it is actually dishonest. At others it is neither modern nor scholarly."
Fifth: British scholar H.H. Rowley stated, "from the beginning to end this volume is a shining example of how the Bible should not be translated." He went on to say "this translation is an insult to the Word of God.
More on:
http://carm.org/jehovahs-witnesses
Point the sixth: The translators were amateurs and their translations amateurish. They were completely unqualified for the task. NONE of the five knew Hebrew or Greek.
Point the seventh: The translators got all the way to Gen 1:2 before they made their first translation error. In order to conform to watchtower doctrine they had to change the verse to read "and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters,". Why? Because the Hebrew rendering would be "spirit of god" which is against Watchtower doctrine and dogma.
I can go on, but it will not matter. You will not check any of this. You will cry in your soup but will claim it is all assertions and not true. You won't have the guts to search for the truth.
"Seek and ye shall find."
You just can't allow that, now can you?
"bury your head in the sand and ye shall be a good JW!"
Ah,.... that's more like it, eh?
I'll trade your long post for a single specific example of what I requested, specific data. That would be in the form of, Book, Chapter, Verse, what is incorrect, and why. Just one is all I ask.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious dilemma about DNA 7 min replaytime 426
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min River Tam 221,282
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr replaytime 67,566
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 1 hr replaytime 417
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Eagle 12 28,712
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 4 hr Eagle 12 3,559
News Texas' battle over teaching evolution comes dow... 4 hr pshun2404 8
More from around the web