It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 150999 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#111362 Feb 28, 2013
And i totally forgot who was interested in the stone carved birds found in North America.
It was in a discussion Evo. v. crea. on quartz with Subduction Zone and i think Fossil Bob involved.
Well they resurface in this paper too.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111363 Feb 28, 2013
The 5th of June is dead duck day, by the way.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111364 Feb 28, 2013
Apropos Melanesians and blond hair, i finally found a friend:

T. Kosmatka • a year ago
Finally.

Now the obvious question: what is the genotype at rs13289810 for our friends the Denisovans?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111365 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrew word: &#1489;&#1512;&#14 89;&#1493;&#1512;
Xlit: bar-bur
Trans: FOWL
I looked at 10 different references. All say bird.
A literal translation could be grain eating bird.
Of course that would leave out bats (which eat insects) and flying insects.
Where did you get your Hebrew word? You didn't cite anything. It doesn't appear to be in the verses cited from Leviticus 11.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111366 Feb 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
SNAFU FUBAR LOL
Lack of even one proof of unreliability duly noted.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111367 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you stick with a belief system that "drop like flies"?
Every denomination believes it is the most "completely aligned with the reliable Bible". But they are all wrong.
Yours is better than most in some ways and worse than most in a lot of ways.
In the end it is an epic fail and no one has done more to convince me of their failure than yourself.
Thanks for that.
As long as you only have your assertions and demonstrably ineffective "data", I'm comfortable with that and whatever you conclude. You're always entitled to your opinions.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111368 Feb 28, 2013
Apropos Bat:
quote from Kayser study on Polynesian origins:
The Y-STR haplotype diversity associated with DYS385tri/O-M122 was highest in Tuvalu, suggesting that Tuvalu is the likely place of origin (table 1). In addition, a median-joining network of the 10 Y-STR haplotypes observed in the 56 individuals carrying this marker provides evidence for a recent expansion with a widespread most frequent haplotype (occurring in 7 of 8 Polynesian populations with an overall frequency of 50%) and a star-like structure (Figure S2, Supplementary Material online). This Y-STR haplotype (including the 3 DYS385 alleles) was also frequent (20%) in an independent sample of Pacific Islanders, although Y-SNP data were not reported (Shepherd et al. 2004). The age of this lineage is estimated to be 3,700 years (95% credible interval 2,100–6,500 years based on the BATWING analysis; dates based on other methods are given in Table S3, Supplementary Material online). Thus, the DYS385 triplication associated with haplogroup O-M122 provides clear evidence not only for a Polynesian founder effect but also for a recent west-to-east expansion within Polynesia.

end quote.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111369 Feb 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
fowl (foul)
n. pl. fowl or fowls
1. Any of various birds of the order Galliformes, especially the common, widely domesticated chicken (Gallus gallus).
a. A bird, such as the duck, goose, turkey, or pheasant, that is used as food or hunted as game.
b. The flesh of such birds used as food.
3. A bird of any kind.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fowl
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fowl
http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/engl...
Fowl means bird, they are not birds. The bible is wrong.
Fowl is not the original Hebrew word. Perhaps you are unaware that the Bible was not originally in English.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111370 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrug. So you keep saying despite voluminous proof. Belief doesn't create reality. Faith isn't fact. Fantasy isn't evidence. NWT is not reliable. To a point it's interesting to reflect on your droll delusions - beyond that point it's merely automaton repetition and it becomes ever more clear that you've nothing left to contribute -
and so the melody skipskipskips and becomes the refrain....

"You should never argue with a crazy man ma ma man;
You oughtta know by now."

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111371 Mar 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get your Hebrew word? You didn't cite anything. It doesn't appear to be in the verses cited from Leviticus 11.

Leviticus 11? For definition of kind we go back to Genesis. Where did you learn the bible? From a cult religious track?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111372 Mar 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You already admitted that the bible has errors. Your attempt to rationalize away from that is to preserve your own delusions.

Do you really think you are here for OUR benefit? What a lark!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111373 Mar 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you only have your assertions and demonstrably ineffective "data", I'm comfortable with that and whatever you conclude. You're always entitled to your opinions.

You don't look at data if it does not support your confirmation bias.

Anyone who has a team of amateurs rewrite the bible to conform to their dogma is clearly not interested in the truth.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111374 Mar 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Fowl is not the original Hebrew word. Perhaps you are unaware that the Bible was not originally in English.

Perhaps you are unaware that the definition of Fowl is not found in Leviticus 111.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111375 Mar 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrug. So you keep saying despite voluminous proof. Belief doesn't create reality. Faith isn't fact. Fantasy isn't evidence. NWT is not reliable. To a point it's interesting to reflect on your droll delusions - beyond that point it's merely automaton repetition and it becomes ever more clear that you've nothing left to contribute -
and so the melody skipskipskips and becomes the refrain....
"You should never argue with a crazy man ma ma man;
You oughtta know by now."

I am going to keep posting
http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20...

To him.

It proves what liars the JWs are and how bad their "bible" translation is.
KAB

United States

#111376 Mar 1, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
IT was only what you think that started this.
This was started by Chrome's bold dataless declaration that Da Flud did not contribute to Barringer's crater.
KAB

United States

#111377 Mar 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are calling your "designer" either malicious or incompetent. Which is it?
Neither, oh worshipper of the god of false dichotomies. BTW, are you and the Guy of the same denomination?
KAB

United States

#111378 Mar 1, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Satanic Bible would beat the NWT.
Actually, for the OT I will take the Orthodox Jewish Bible and for the NT I would take the NASB. For cross reference I would like to keep Wycliffe, Youngs, Geneva, Darby and NJB versions around.
Versions I would like to flush down a toilet include good news, the message, new life, the voice (and the NWT of course).
I might keep a KJV (more correctly a PJV) around because it is fun to read!
If your favorites were challenged on a point, would you check against the Sinaitic, Alexandrine, Vaticanus, and the Dead Sea Scrolls for resolution?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#111379 Mar 1, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to keep posting
http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20...
To him.
It proves what liars the JWs are and how bad their "bible" translation is.
It's gone from the Black Knight, to the Parrot Sketch to the Cheese Shop to the Argument Clinic with a sideline of "Who's on First."

The Bible is a demonstrably reliable source?! It's nothing but selected history and legends of the Semitic tribes heavily overlaid with mysticism. Debating the translation is like debating with a stray cat whether a ping pong ball or a phillips screwdriver is better for hammering a pair of socks when you're frying polystyrene in a sieve of ice water - it's faulty at the onset and no part of it works.

When a zealot not only aspires to ignorance, but is proud of their progress, what better proof does anyone need of their dishonesty?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#111380 Mar 1, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
This was started by Chrome's bold dataless declaration that Da Flud did not contribute to Barringer's crater.
Did someone hear a "meow?"
KAB

United States

#111381 Mar 1, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking is not a scientific explanation nor does it make verifiable predictions.
Design is a very focused real-world process, just as organisms changing thru time is a real process, critical to ToE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Blitzking 197,481
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min ChristineM 13,306
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 19 min Chimney1 31,312
Rome Viharo debunks evolution 15 hr Support of Rome V... 1
Evolution in action Fri MIDutch 1
News RANT: Is "global warming" today's version of th... May 25 bearings 2
Another "gap" gets closed May 24 MIDutch 1
More from around the web