It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151492 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#111342 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of the evidences cannot be attributed to design?
So you are calling your "designer" either malicious or incompetent. Which is it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111343 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
NWT

Even the Satanic Bible would beat the NWT.

Actually, for the OT I will take the Orthodox Jewish Bible and for the NT I would take the NASB. For cross reference I would like to keep Wycliffe, Youngs, Geneva, Darby and NJB versions around.

Versions I would like to flush down a toilet include good news, the message, new life, the voice (and the NWT of course).

I might keep a KJV (more correctly a PJV) around because it is fun to read!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111344 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

Wishful thinking is not a scientific explanation nor does it make verifiable predictions.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111345 Feb 28, 2013
Lies of the Watchtowerites.

The NWT and the voice of satan

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/Scholars%20...
KAB

United States

#111346 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The error is IN the bible so yes, it is an error in the bible.
You are hosed.
You acknowledge the error is in a copy. It and many others have been recognized. You are hosed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#111347 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You acknowledge the error is in a copy. It and many others have been recognized. You are hosed.
So, you read ancient Hebrew? I think the original parchments are Hebrew, of course it's probably several different dead languages. However, the originals are not the bible.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#111348 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question is, which of the evidences can ONLY be attributed to design?

Until you have better evidence for design than for random mutation and natural selection, or any other naturalistic explanations for natural phenomena, design is out and the naturalistic explanation is in. Simple as that.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111349 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet none has been found.
Why is that, do you think?
Ther is that ideally suited meteor crater in Northern Canada. How old is the unique sediment in there?
Tyler in Wonderland

United States

#111350 Feb 28, 2013
We're not actually still going on about this flood nonsense in here, are we?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#111351 Feb 28, 2013
YDB
http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Did_A_Massi...

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"A lake formed in the bottom of the (Barringer) crater, and sediments accumulated until the bowl was only 550 feet deep."
http://www.barringercrater.com/about/history_ ...
Think it out, KAB.
--
Afterall KAB is the expert on Greenland ice-cores.;p

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#111352 Feb 28, 2013
Tyler in Wonderland wrote:
No.

Well, a bit.

Maybe.

Okay, yes.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111353 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"BTW as a bonus, your source states that C14 dating places the origins of writing, state societies, and civilization, including Sumer and Egypt at 4500 years ago."
I just sent an email to the Smithsonian asking for a clarification in their dating graphic and that dating of writing and civilizations. I'll show it to you when I get a reply. Its been pretty much established that people in the Babylonian area were writing by 3,600+- to 3,100+- BC
We have known for a long time that Jericho dated back to around 9,000+- BC and the civilization of the Sumerians is dated to 4,500+- to 4,000+- BC.
Now Babylon is dated to approximately 2,286+- to 1,894+- BC and the Akkadians to 2,334+- BC
Mesopotamia continues to hold the honor as the area of the 'Birth of Civilization,'but not the 'Cradle of Humanity' honor.
The last I heard scientists were still of the opinion that Egypt's civilization began with the rise of Narmer around 3,100+- BC and the merging of upper and lower Egypt.
---
3100 BC would leave a gap of well over 500 years at least. But it's way better then 3900 BC.
The doublesided Narmer palet contains those strange animals with intertwined necks.
The same figurines and depictions have been found in Sumer.
The ancient Sudanese (sorry for not being more specific) were the fighting and traders and seafaring ones. That allegedly also made contact with Sumer, or vice versa since some pheleshet were not based in the Mediterenean but near the gulf of Akaba.
All dating is under review as far as i'm concerned.
The same goes for translations.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111354 Feb 28, 2013
Sumerians (or should i say Ubaid) disappeared around 2000 BC (~4000 BP) according to conventional (Akkadian written) sources.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#111355 Feb 28, 2013
Sadly, people still actually believe that nonsense.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111356 Feb 28, 2013
I'm offroad again this time following Lapita pottery:

Lapita the name

Lapita pottery has been misunderstood from the day it was discovered when an archaeologist picked up a piece of pottery from the bottom of his pit. Some natives arriving on the scene exclaimed "Xaapeta!" Which means "He dug a pit!" Unfortunately the scientist thought the natives were getting excited about the piece of rubble he was holding in his hand and decided that the exclamation "Xaapeta" was the name of the culture the pottery represented. Unfortunately he misheard them and decided the word said was Lapita, and through his "scientific" paper, the Lapita name has stuck.

There's that too, Tyler. Same goes for the bible.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111357 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

The error is in the bible so it is a biblical error.

One of many we have pointed out to you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111358 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ther is that ideally suited meteor crater in Northern Canada. How old is the unique sediment in there?

Oh, what nonsense are you on to now...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111359 Feb 28, 2013

Yep. Hard to believe grown-up still believe this nonsense.

I don't remember which I gave up on first, da flud or the Easter bunny.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#111360 Feb 28, 2013
The Flood = Surfin' Bird

http://youtu.be/2WNrx2jq184

Level 5

Location hidden

#111361 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen, Word and Tangled Bank (in case he still casts a casual eye)
http://users.on.net/~mkfenn/page6.htm

One does not necessarily have to agree with all conclusions, but it is a compelling read.

Recall the read heads in Arizona and or Canada.
As well as rock-motives spread from ancient Sweden all the way to west-Africa and Russia.
Mammoths did a return migration from North-America (natively known as turtleland)so why not people.

At the end it starts wobling confusing melanesia and some polynesians; with Atlantis (which might be why peple steer a stark course away from some findings) and missing the fact that Berbers Tamazight speak Urdu very well and were thus either trading like forever or moved in from those regions. And that Berber is not much different from the old Ashanti sahara symbols used.
Archeology has indeed established that druids could move freely even if wars were going on. Even decided on when to war or not. They had a network
But now we can read what was written on the rocks(provided someone still translates to the local meaning).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min THE LONE WORKER 43,388
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Aura Mytha 205,446
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 1 hr Mad Tom 930
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 18,692
evolution is correct. prove me wrong (Jul '15) 8 hr Chazofsaints 37
Questions about first life Sun Upright Scientist 18
Carbon and isotopic dating are a lie Aug 27 One way or another 16
More from around the web