It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

United States

#111246 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor is Watchtowerism a Christian attribute. But what's your point?
And your ignoring the actual issue of the post does not go by unnoticed.
You presented something which presumably could not be falsified. I falsified it.
KAB

United States

#111247 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken aback by your sudden burst of honesty.
To what do we owe this revelation?
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I consider you intellectually dishonest, mentally lazy, functionally illiterate and you never make an effort to start a search.
It matters not to me what MAAT thinks of me, so I'm comfortable with whatever he thinks since it matters not.
KAB

United States

#111248 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Slightly off topic but since John dates later than the other gospels, contains gnostic elements, is not as historically accurate as the other gospels, would the church fathers have been right in excluding it from the bible as they almost did?
I don't think the "church" fathers controlled what we know as the Bible today. Each book, including John, stands or falls on its own merits (2 Timothy 3:16).
KAB

United States

#111249 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously did not look with an open mind (eyes to see and ears to hear).
Now, if the bible was a completely fabricated story book, what errors might you expect to find? Remember, most of the 72,000 known errors in the bible are fairly minor, translation errors, punctuation, incorrect references to earlier books,....
Good and fair question. Let's start with historical elements which are demonstrably incompatible with confirmed history.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#111250 Feb 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
Belief in Evolution is Like Belief in Santa Claus
An evolutionist goes into the forest and sees all kinds of plants and animals under the trees. To him, this is undeniable evidence that evolution happened. How else could all those creatures have gotten there?
A child goes into the living room on Christmas morning and sees all kinds of presents under the tree. To him, this is undeniable evidence that Santa Claus has been there. How else could all those presents have gotten there?
Every Christmas, humorous articles are written by engineers about the theory of Santa Claus. They make some reasonable assumptions about the number of houses in North America, the speed of Santa's sleigh, and compute the average length of time Santa can spend at each house. The conclusion, of course is that Santa can't possible make the trip in one evening. If you try to use these facts to convince a child that Santa can't make the trip, he won't believe you. There are presents under the tree. Santa must have been there. You just can't deny the fact of Santa Claus, even though the theory is shaky.
Similarly, mathematicians have conclusively demonstrated the impossibility of chemicals randomly combining to form a living cell. Engineers have shown that the energy required to put together the more complex molecules would have destroyed the partial products. But evolutionists continue to believe that the first living cell formed by chance. There are creatures under the trees. Evolution must have happened. You can't deny the fact of evolution, even though the theory is shaky.
Children believe that Santa's reindeer can fly. They have never seen a reindeer fly. There isn't any scientific explanation as to how they could fly. But reindeer must fly because they pull Santa's sleigh through the air. Furthermore, there is proof that Santa's reindeer live at the North Pole. The proof is that they aren't found anywhere else. Since they must live somewhere, they must live at the North Pole.
Evolutionists believe that animals change from one species to another. Nobody has every seen it happen. After 130 years of searching the fossil record, there is no fossil evidence to indicate that it has happened in the past.
http://www.ridgenet.net/~do_while/sage/v1i3f....
Quoting the scientifically illiterate doesn't help your case.
LowellGuy

Lowell, MA

#111251 Feb 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, why should I?
Because he was regularly on television and in newspapers. And, he was on tv recently shilling for some sort of old people's product. He's an iconic face from the Reagan era. It's like saying you never heard of the McDLT.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111252 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You presented something which presumably could not be falsified. I falsified it.
Yet another falsification for which you evince pride?
Technically, "invisible purple" is an intriguing notion. The prismatic colors are composed of red, orange, yellow, green, blue,(indigo), and violet. No purple, because purple is how we sense the blending of red and blue - frequencies which are not adjacent in the spectrum. This is where the saying "the color purple does not exist in nature" comes from.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111253 Feb 27, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he was regularly on television and in newspapers. And, he was on tv recently shilling for some sort of old people's product. He's an iconic face from the Reagan era. It's like saying you never heard of the McDLT.
Reagan refused to meet with Koop on the looming epidemic of "the Magic Bullet from God." Is there any wonder Marky Boy also exhibits selective Alzheimers?
I kinda liked the McBLT. I must have a memory block of my own about the McDLT.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111254 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't there non-humans that make tools today?
What's in a label? Adam and Eve were the first humans (i.e., what science today calls "modern humans").
To somewhat sensitize you to the realm, here's some puzzling data from your reference.
mtDNA varies among "modern" humans by an average of 8 base substitutions. "Modern" human mtDNA varies from Neanderthals by 27 substitutions. Neanderthals mtDNA varies from one another by 20 bases, but they are stated to be less diverse than "modern humans. Since I don't want to give anything away I'll just ask what can you conclude from this?
Since what's considered "modern" humans is a judgment call, and the dating methods, especially genetic methods, involve estimates based on assumptions which may not be correct, dating their origins is necessarily also a judgment call.
BTW as a bonus, your source states that C14 dating places the origins of writing, state societies, and civilization, including Sumer and Egypt at 4500 years ago.
As a final thought, have you honestly never seen anyone living who could have passed for a Neanderthal?

If you are not at all interested in science then just admit that. Don't keep putting forth contorted rationalizations to that effect.

Adam and Eve lived at least 60,000 years apart. Sort of hard to procreate when you are not alive at the same time. knowwhatimean?

For the rest of your post, please provide data. No data, no science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111255 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand. It has hundreds of feet of LAKE, not RAIN, sediment in it, complete with shells.

Yes, Barringer crater has been a lake a lake at times in it's history, including shortly after the impact, during wetter periods in that region.

What does that have to do with Da Flud?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111256 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the "church" fathers controlled what we know as the Bible today. Each book, including John, stands or falls on its own merits (2 Timothy 3:16).

I am sorry you don't know anything about Christian history.

I guess we will have to work on other subject.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111257 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Good and fair question. Let's start with historical elements which are demonstrably incompatible with confirmed history.

Besides 99% of the book of Genesis?

Who killed Goliath?

1 Samuel 17:50
2 Sam. 21:19

1 Chronicles 20:5

So, based on the three verses is is unreasonable that 2 Sam 21:19 is .....

is......

[Hint: the answer begins with Wro and ends with ng]

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111258 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not to me what MAAT thinks of me, so I'm comfortable with whatever he thinks since it matters not.

So you are not ADMITTING to being a sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot.

But wouldn't we EXPECT sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot to deny those charges.

Correct response: "I have a few faults."

http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/n/...
KAB

United States

#111259 Feb 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems Job thought the earth was flat...possibly a circle, but not a sphere.
"…take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it (Job 38:12-13)"
Try substituting "extremities" for "edges". See if that takes care of the flatness.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111260 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You misspoke. I am sure you meant that you tried to falsify it but failed.

those typos can sneak up on you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111261 Feb 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is roughly 200 feet of lake sediment in Barringer Crater. What is your point, KAB?

I don't think he has one.
KAB

United States

#111262 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove leprechauns do not exist, therefore you must believe in leprechauns.
As I've mentioned numerous times, we're considering a demonstrated reliable source here which has so far survived a long standing, never ending stream of assaults upon it. If you have a slam-dunk confirmation of error, please provide it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111263 Feb 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it, or apologize!

Assuming she is wrong, when is the last time you have ever apologized for being wrong?

EVER?
KAB

United States

#111264 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Google 'lacrustial"
It is not hard and does not hurt at all.
I've done it, but apparently you haven't!
KAB

United States

#111265 Feb 27, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an easy to read booklet with science value indeed.
My translator agrees.
What language is your translator translating into or from for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min The Dude 127,815
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 32 min Chimney1 85
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 4 hr Chimney1 13,577
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 12 hr DanFromSmithville 175,466
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 18 hr MikeF 1,902
More Theories to Disprove Creation 23 hr The Dude 64
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE