It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 141352 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

KAB

United States

#111259 Feb 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems Job thought the earth was flat...possibly a circle, but not a sphere.
"…take the earth by the edges and shake the wicked out of it (Job 38:12-13)"
Try substituting "extremities" for "edges". See if that takes care of the flatness.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111260 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You presented something which presumably could not be falsified. I falsified it.

You misspoke. I am sure you meant that you tried to falsify it but failed.

those typos can sneak up on you.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111261 Feb 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is roughly 200 feet of lake sediment in Barringer Crater. What is your point, KAB?

I don't think he has one.
KAB

United States

#111262 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't prove leprechauns do not exist, therefore you must believe in leprechauns.
As I've mentioned numerous times, we're considering a demonstrated reliable source here which has so far survived a long standing, never ending stream of assaults upon it. If you have a slam-dunk confirmation of error, please provide it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111263 Feb 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Prove it, or apologize!

Assuming she is wrong, when is the last time you have ever apologized for being wrong?

EVER?
KAB

United States

#111264 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Google 'lacrustial"
It is not hard and does not hurt at all.
I've done it, but apparently you haven't!
KAB

United States

#111265 Feb 27, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an easy to read booklet with science value indeed.
My translator agrees.
What language is your translator translating into or from for you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111266 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
MAAT can probably verify for you that ancient Hebrew had no word for son-in-law.

khatan

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111267 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done it, but apparently you haven't!

But I have.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#111268 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've mentioned numerous times, we're considering a demonstrated reliable source here which has so far survived a long standing, never ending stream of assaults upon it. If you have a slam-dunk confirmation of error, please provide it.
Leviticus:
11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls ; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the ospray,
11:14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
11:15 Every raven after his kind;
11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckow, and the hawk after his kind,
11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier eagle,
11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.

Bats are not fowl.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111269 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

So the Theory of Evolution is a demonstrated reliable source.

What is your point?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111270 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't seem to understand. It has hundreds of feet of LAKE, not RAIN, sediment in it, complete with shells.

Because you have quoted him before.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111271 Feb 27, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Scipture says what scripture says. Sorry you don't like it, and it refutes your world view.

Quite the contrary, it refutes YOUR world view. You just manage to read into it what you want to see.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111272 Feb 27, 2013
Marksman on logical fallacies
marksman11 wrote:
Belief in Evolution is Like Belief in Santa Claus

False analogy
marksman11 wrote:
Every Christmas, humorous articles are written by engineers about the theory of Santa Claus........

Psychological projection.

marksman11 wrote:
Similarly, mathematicians have conclusively demonstrated the impossibility of chemicals randomly combining to form a living cell...

Outright lie. Straw-man.

marksman11 wrote:
Engineers have shown that the energy required to put together the more complex molecules would have destroyed the partial products.

Outright lie. Affirming the anticedent,

marksman11 wrote:
But evolutionists continue to believe that the first living cell formed by chance.

Strawman
\
marksman11 wrote:
There are creatures under the trees. Evolution must have happened. You can't deny the fact of evolution, even though the theory is shaky.

strawman.
marksman11 wrote:
Children believe that Santa's reindeer can fly. They have never seen a reindeer fly. There isn't....

False analogy, slippery slope, outright lie.

marksman11 wrote:
Evolutionists believe that animals change from one species to another. Nobody has every seen it happen.

Strawman, outright lie

marksman11 wrote:
After 130 years of searching the fossil record, there is no fossil evidence to indicate that it has happened in the past.
http://www.ridgenet.net/~do_while/sage/v1i3f....

Outright lie.

Link reads almost like a parody of creationism.
KAB

United States

#111273 Feb 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about? Are you suggesting that there are no discrepancies between translations? They can't even agree on which books to include.
You see, how you saw what you wanted to see? In the previously cited example it was the "so as to confuse his beloved children" part that was seeing what you wanted to see. There are other possible reasons for allowing multiple content-varying versions of "the Bible". The Bible's explanation is embodied in Hebrews 4:12 and 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111274 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, how you saw what you wanted to see? In the previously cited example it was the "so as to confuse his beloved children" part that was seeing what you wanted to see. There are other possible reasons for allowing multiple content-varying versions of "the Bible". The Bible's explanation is embodied in Hebrews 4:12 and 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12.
As usual, you through out bible quotes. Neither of these offers any explanation as to why the various translation do not agree or why Christians can't even agree on the number of books in the bible.

If you can't explain it, just say so.
KAB

United States

#111275 Feb 27, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is roughly 200 feet of lake sediment in Barringer Crater. What is your point, KAB?
My point is that there was a lake in it at least once upon a time. It would be interesting to core sample and date the sediment from top to bottom.
KAB

United States

#111276 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are not at all interested in science then just admit that. Don't keep putting forth contorted rationalizations to that effect.
Adam and Eve lived at least 60,000 years apart. Sort of hard to procreate when you are not alive at the same time. knowwhatimean?
For the rest of your post, please provide data. No data, no science.
I think he was referring to a different Adam and Eve, and I did provide data. All the statements which include numbers were taken directly from Theword's source.
KAB

United States

#111277 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Barringer crater has been a lake a lake at times in it's history, including shortly after the impact, during wetter periods in that region.
What does that have to do with Da Flud?
Da Flud may have contributed.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111278 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that there was a lake in it at least once upon a time. It would be interesting to core sample and date the sediment from top to bottom.
I agree, though naturally not for some absurd verification that the western U.S. was covered by 4.26 kilometers of rainwater.
http://www.barringercrater.com/about/history_...
http://www.arizonanevadaacademyofscience.org/...
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications/books/ba...
According to this 2007 article, more thorough coring research of the Barringer sediments and breccia was pending funding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min ChristineM 164,082
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr ChristineM 19,045
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 13 hr Gillette 84
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Mon UncommonSense2015 178,616
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? Sun UncommonSense2015 10
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) May 24 Chimney1 1,871
News British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... (Jul '14) May 23 Swedenforever 159
More from around the web