It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 157776 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#111180 Feb 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like someone who has hallucinations while on the road?
I think I met St. Paul on Hollywood Blvd decades ago. He swore up and down he had seen Jesus in a vision while on the road.:-)

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#111181 Feb 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
contemporary sources for Jesus is a big issue. I work backwards from John to Mark then I have to project the data. The number of years between Jesus and Mark is about the same as between Mark and John. When one sees how much myth is added from Mark to John what you get when you work backwards from Mark sheds the rest of the mythology. At this point you are left with his teaching and the effect his teaching had on his direct disciples.
I still find that human character to be quite compelling. But that's me.
I'm quite allright with the oldest versions of Luke, Mark and Matthew.(Up to a point ofcourse)Nothing to wicked.
John to me is pure theological debate. In which the various opinions of the church-fathers can be recognised.
But the reckoning is interesting (going biblical in speechpattern here ;p)
They usually advise people to start with John to give the stories of what might have been reports to an authority about what was going on in the province, a different spin.
They even decided what age christ had to be!

Rome was afraid of those rebels be they Yudahite, Celtic or Germanic. All three got the worst treatment and propaganda.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111182 Feb 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like someone who has hallucinations while on the road?
Zen, and the art of bipedal maintenance!?
Or more like sprinters on the highway!?

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111183 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yu are gambling on an unsurity. You call me stupid, but I wouldn't swap places with you for ownership of the universe.
Sorry, I can't find that word (unsurity) in the dictionary.

Swap places??? You still believe that a God will swat you down for heresy??

Poor fellow.

Level 5

Location hidden

#111184 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"To study us, discern our weaknesses and report back to his alien overlords?"
Yeah....I love it..:-)
St. Paul says Jesus was to be a blood/human sacrifice to expiate the sins of man which we acquired from Adam and Eve as 'Original Sin"
Well if we want to reduce him to a god (they keep trying), it would be BAAL and his MarihAnat. A son Jebus. Anat conquering Moth-Dead, three days and resurrected.(The old version also does not mention nights. Note to SZ)
And we see all this dualisme (not it the torah) form Avestans.
Angels and devils personified.
Well the origin of Aramaic can be found in that old Iranian world, as well as Baal and Anat turned into ishtart and then Cybele.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111185 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He created the earth. He wasn't sent, he came, to redeem mankind and bring salvation to those who believe he is the Messaih.
He created the earth??? Ohh, wait, You mean he was God??? That protocol that came decades after he passed, and came from the Catholic Church (the most evil enterprise the earth has ever seen).

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#111186 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I met St. Paul on Hollywood Blvd decades ago. He swore up and down he had seen Jesus in a vision while on the road.:-)
See there? It happens. Bunches at Woodstock and Monterey.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111187 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"To study us, discern our weaknesses and report back to his alien overlords?"
Yeah....I love it..:-)
St. Paul says Jesus was to be a blood/human sacrifice to expiate the sins of man which we acquired from Adam and Eve as 'Original Sin"

I think Paul had a psychotic break on the way to Damascus.

I think the fact that he was not accepted by most Christians of his own day is very telling. He did not become popular till his version of Christianity usurped the real thing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111188 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>

Vision = Hallucination.

This could occur through what Freud called 'conversion hysteria'. Paul likely was carrying a lot of guilt for his persecution of the Christians then conversion hysteria would explain his initial symptoms.

That would fit with what little information we have about his conversion. He certainly did not have schizophrenia. Actually he seemed narcissistic to some extent both before and after conversion.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111189 Feb 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mentally lazy is his signature. All he wants to do is play word games. No interest at all in learning. Lots of interested in defending his own world view and decreasing his own cognitive dissonance.
If "lacrustial" is a sample of what can be learned from your side, no thanks! I'll stick with upholding what is correct.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111190 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the blackboard, get the crayon and write onethousand times LACRUSTIAN, because you are stupid enough to not even read the material you base your own questions on.
A bulit for you.
http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc...
Now I'm more intriqued by how you found someone else using your non-word than I am by the non-word itself. How did you find that document and know that your "word" was in it?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111191 Feb 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lazy sob.
Hebrew word for circle/disk is chuwg (used to describe the earth).
Hebrew word for ball/sphere = kadur or kadoor
As in Isaiah 22:18.
We have been over this before.
Did you also not mention Isaiah 29:3 when you went over this before? You see, there was no ancient Hebrew word which exclusively meant sphere. I could have just allowed your post to pass and not comment, but that would have been the lazy way to proceed, and that could make me sob.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111192 Feb 25, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Page 5450
Kab wrote.
Matazumah answered.
A bit further Maat answered.
http://www.bible-researcher.com/muratorian.ht...
And who took the term lacustrine (adjective) from lacustrian (PN) first in his mouth:KAB
It simply signifies lakes, usually found on alluvial soil. Often the combination lacustrian-alluvian soil is found.
You threw me with "lacrustian", but wonder of wonders, you managed to find a true "comrade" in the Russians. I'm still curious how you found that misspelled version in that voluminous and somewhat varietal volume you provided.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#111193 Feb 25, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't even spell 'mathematical', your appraisal of my skills in the field seem less than worthless.
Math and spelling are separate fields, but since you're not math saavy I wouldn't expect you to know that.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#111194 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He also may very well be GOD incarnate. That would mean you have made an eternal mistake.
I very well may be God incarnate. That would mean YOU have made an eternal mistake.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#111195 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest in the future, cut and paste and let the site speak for itself because I will check, and it did not say what you said it did. That is exactly why YOU DIDN'T CUT AND PASTE. You knew it did not say what you claimed, but you hoped no one would check. Sorry, I don't trust you guys for this very reason.
You are a self-professed and demonstrated quoteminer. That high ground you're on is below sea level.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#111196 Feb 25, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of inability to prove otherwise.
You can't prove leprechauns do not exist, therefore you must believe in leprechauns.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111197 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I suggest in the future, cut and paste and let the site speak for itself because I will check, and it did not say what you said it did. That is exactly why YOU DIDN'T CUT AND PASTE. You knew it did not say what you claimed, but you hoped no one would check. Sorry, I don't trust you guys for this very reason.
"The genetic difference between Neanderthals and modern humans, however, was on average about three times greater than the genetic difference between any two modern humans. Studies of the mtDNA of nearly 80,000 people found no traces of mutations known to be common in Neanderthal mtDNA.
U.S. Department of Energy Genome Program
http://genomics.energy.gov .

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111198 Feb 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If "lacrustial" is a sample of what can be learned from your side, no thanks! I'll stick with upholding what is correct.

You have no idea what is correct. You are forever trapped in you perverted world view. Buried alive.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Mentally lazy is his signature. All he wants to do is play word games. No interest at all in learning. Lots of interested in defending his own world view and decreasing his own cognitive dissonance.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111199 Feb 26, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm more intriqued by how you found someone else using your non-word than I am by the non-word itself. How did you find that document and know that your "word" was in it?

Google 'lacrustial"

It is not hard and does not hurt at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 3 min nanoanomaly 505
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 min ChristineM 1,209
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 29 min ChristineM 24,891
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 48 min Regolith Based Li... 218,828
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr u196533dm 52,229
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) Jan 19 scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... Jan 19 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web