It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 152320 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#111160 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>I interpreted it just fine. I'm just sorry you were caught twisting something to make it appear it was saying something that it didn't say.
OK, I'm sorry you are to stupid to understand what I and the article were saying.....jeez, get a clue

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111161 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He also may very well be GOD incarnate. That would mean you have made an eternal mistake.
Well, I doubt God exists. Jesus may or may not have existed. However his stated (by Paul) reason for being there was bogus.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111162 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was Jesus on earth??
To redeem mankind to himself.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111163 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
For what reason was Jesus sent to earth??
He created the earth. He wasn't sent, he came, to redeem mankind and bring salvation to those who believe he is the Messaih.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111164 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>To redeem mankind to himself.
To redeem mankind from what??
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111165 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I doubt God exists. Jesus may or may not have existed. However his stated (by Paul) reason for being there was bogus.
Yu are gambling on an unsurity. You call me stupid, but I wouldn't swap places with you for ownership of the universe.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111166 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
To redeem mankind from what??
The broken relationship beween man and himself.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111167 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I'm sorry you are to stupid to understand what I and the article were saying.....jeez, get a clue
I suggest in the future, cut and paste and let the site speak for itself because I will check, and it did not say what you said it did. That is exactly why YOU DIDN'T CUT AND PASTE. You knew it did not say what you claimed, but you hoped no one would check. Sorry, I don't trust you guys for this very reason.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#111168 Feb 25, 2013
Hey, Marky. I see your buddy Koop passed away.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57571210/...

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111169 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
For what reason was Jesus sent to earth??

To study us, discern our weaknesses and report back to his alien overlords?

Still not computing.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111170 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He also may very well be GOD incarnate. That would mean you have made an eternal mistake.

He may have also been the tooth farie. But he never claimed either. The first reference to him being God incarnate did not appear till at least two generations after his death.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111171 Feb 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>

Paul's "rational" does not even make sense. It is like the ravings of a an acutely mentally ill person.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#111172 Feb 25, 2013
looking at wordorigin.
xwl-cool ghuwl has to work very hard, from bear, birth to dancing.

But with xwg-hool we good go in the direction of Ugarit and old Luvian or to Iran were we have the village KHUK, and further to Afghanstan where it is frequently found.
In ossetic hand-k'ux
In Balochi pig-khug
But the pronounciation is different. However a wild pig/boar would be close to a bear, quickly spinning. So maybe that's were we find the two letter word root/origin of the other 'cool' word that has to do so much work. Or flip of the hand?
Thinking of the time spent in exile and borrowed words and displacement of people.

But the other connetion is the ugarit and hittie one. Though they also spread to the above areas.
So a borrowed word?

http://classic.studylight.org/lex/heb/view.cg... ?...
Good site, uses BDB instead of Strongs.

This time a christian statement:
Daily Refractions
Daily Wisdom
Proverbs 24:28 - Do not be a witness against your neighbor without cause, And do not deceive with your lips.
Words to Ponder
Ability of speech in time and season is an especial gift of God, and that eminently with respect unto the spiritual things of the Gospel; but a profluency of speech, venting itself on all occasions and on no occasions, making men open their mouths wide when indeed they should shut them and open their ears, and to pour out all that they know and ... what they do not know, making them angry if they are not heard and impatient if they are contradicted, is an unconquerable fortification against all true spiritual wisdom.- John Owen

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111173 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>To redeem mankind to himself.

So he could have himself sacrificed to appease his own bloodlust.

Sounds crazy to me.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111174 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He created the earth. He wasn't sent, he came, to redeem mankind and bring salvation to those who believe he is the Messaih.

The Messiah was not to be the "son of god" but a son of man. You are looking at later day theology and projecting it all the way back to Jesus.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111175 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Yu are gambling on an unsurity. You call me stupid, but I wouldn't swap places with you for ownership of the universe.

You don't have a clue as to what the original beliefs of Jesus or his followers was either, so I will discount you fully as someone to be concerned about.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111176 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>The broken relationship beween man and himself.

Again, later day theology.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#111177 Feb 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
To study us, discern our weaknesses and report back to his alien overlords?
Still not computing.
"To study us, discern our weaknesses and report back to his alien overlords?"

Yeah....I love it..:-)

St. Paul says Jesus was to be a blood/human sacrifice to expiate the sins of man which we acquired from Adam and Eve as 'Original Sin"

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#111178 Feb 25, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>He created the earth. He wasn't sent, he came, to redeem mankind and bring salvation to those who believe he is the Messaih.
Nope he's a metziah, a bargain.
Did not live up to any of the expectations, nor claimed so.

No wonder you are confused and distrustfull all the time. You do not know whether to worship the only salvation bringer YHWH or his Worshipper. So make them into a freakshow. With the church as the holy spirit, also god.
You missed reading the thingy with the angel and the naming?
Or calling out to father?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#111179 Feb 25, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul's "rational" does not even make sense. It is like the ravings of a an acutely mentally ill person.
You mean like someone who has hallucinations while on the road?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 min Blitzking 210,189
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 50 min scientia potentia... 45,566
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 53 min scientia potentia... 20,334
Science News (Sep '13) 12 hr Voyeur 3,629
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
More from around the web