It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,446)

Showing posts 108,901 - 108,920 of133,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Benjamin Franklin: "Lighthouses are more useful than churches,"

Thomas Jefferson: "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and even St. Paul….never met Jesus.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were good with math you would readily recognize that 3 is Pi rounded to one significant digit.

That is not the issue. 3.0 is 100 times less accurate than what school children use in math class. In physics the term is often limited to 3.141592654 (depending on the number of significant digits of the next less accurate term).

In most building projects 3.14159 would be fine. 3.0 is the formula for mud brick huts.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
Il'd say KAB whatever works for you.
Given Mayim or waters.
So the understanding of the waters being divided into those below and those above with an expanse between them is recognized as valid, and denial of that has been dowsed. There is hope for a successful combining of you and objective comprehensive data-based data-driven thinking after all. Hopefully, you saw where objectively examining the "waters" thesis was going to lead and that is wasn't going to negate the validity of the above.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no data. Assertions is is all you ever have.
Stated like a head doctor who is truly in fear of the data he knows he will receive if he opens the door. If that's not so, you will open the door.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You better go back and read both again.
The bibles failure to correctly define pi is a major gaff.
But it is easy to rationalize the minor error in the koran.
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contra...
None of your referenced material explains/resolves Surah 4:11,12. Beyond that, at least it is acknowledged as something in need of explanation.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, Edward Kennedy, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, David Carradine, DJ AM, Steve McNair, and Michael Jackson actual people?
You can see them all on Season 13 Episode 8 of South Park.
So South Park must also be true.
I see you failed to discern the issue.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not one of the sources of a flood are from a "demonstrated reliable source". The best accounts of the flood (probably and actual localized event) are in records that predate (and disagree with) the bible.
The physical data show that no global flood ever occurred. EVER.
If you can produce some DATA of this flood I will reconsider my statement. Till then the evidence stands. No global flood.
How significant would you consider it if the lacustrine sediments from Meteor Crater in Arizona dated to around 4500 years ago?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am not TB but I do miss his more active presence here. I may have learned to repeat data that others are unable to respond to from him. It is a potent weapon against ignorance.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your assertion. If you would like to try to prove them I will sit here and be amused.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not provide the data. You need to learn to do your own homework and own thinking. It is the only path to freedom.
I notice you could not provide even one germ of data against my post.
Typical of you.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was rejected by Jesus' followers. He was the first Christian heretic (who John(?) labels 'false prophet'. All followers who acknowledge Paul are, by definition, heretics.
There are many religions not well received by society. Muslims, Jews, ATHEISTS, SDAs, Christian Scientists, Mormans,.....
As to the JW cult you guys DO get a few things right:
- denial of the Trinity
- denial of deity of Christ
- denial of physical resurrection.
You do down hill fast from there, however.
Things you get wrong are legion:
- Mistranslations of many words including YHWH
- revisionist history (including JW history)
- false prophecies
- what happens after death (more the inconsistency than the dogma)
- 144,000.... enough said.
- Whole nonsense about immortal vs. everlasting life (yes, I have read the nonsense, it is guano crazy).
- New World Translation (again enough said).
many, many, many more.
Or it bespeaks ignorance, which is more likely since it is entirely devoid of data, and anybody can compile a list of assertions.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very poor logic.
You like to make a bang sound like a real gun, but all you got are blanks.
The Koran documents event that were unknown to outside history as well till modern archeology verified the claims.
Does that make the Koran evidence based?
The logic is nothing more than establishing that the Bible is correct about something as the Quran likely is also. It was not offered to prove that the entire Bible is evidence based.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
Benjamin Franklin: "Lighthouses are more useful than churches,"
Thomas Jefferson: "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."
Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and even St. Paul….never met Jesus.
I agree with Franklin and Jefferson regarding churches and "Christianity" as they knew them.

I'm very interested in the proof that Matthew never met Jesus.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the issue. 3.0 is 100 times less accurate than what school children use in math class. In physics the term is often limited to 3.141592654 (depending on the number of significant digits of the next less accurate term).
In most building projects 3.14159 would be fine. 3.0 is the formula for mud brick huts.
Thanks for reinforcing the point that Pi=3 was not used to make the wash basin, and yet the basin was made. Actually, I doubt they even used Pi in any form to make the basin. I used to make perfect circles for playing marbles on the playground without knowing anything about Pi. If someone had asked me how big around my circle was, I can easily imagine taking the string I used to swing the arc, laying it loosely around the perimeter, and declaring it to be 3 times the diameter.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Weren't Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, Edward Kennedy, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, David Carradine, DJ AM, Steve McNair, and Michael Jackson actual people?

KAB wrote:

I guess I did.
Now could you please help me discern the issue by explaining why the mentioning of Sargon the Great proves the Bible true while the mentioning of Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, Edward Kennedy, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, David Carradine, DJ AM, Steve McNair, and Michael Jackson doesn't prove South Park true?

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Franklin and Jefferson regarding churches and "Christianity" as they knew them.
You have proof that he did??

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Stated like a head doctor who is truly in fear of the data he knows he will receive if he opens the door. If that's not so, you will open the door.

I have been welcoming of the data but non have been provide unto me.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not proof of course, but there is this from Wikipedia:
“The Gospel of Matthew does not name its author. The tradition that this was the disciple Matthew begins with the early Christian bishop Papias of Hierapolis (about 100–140 AD), who, in a passage with several ambiguous phrases, wrote: "Matthew collected the oracles (logia—sayings of or about Jesus) in the Hebrew language (Hebraďdi dialekt&#333;i—perhaps alternatively "Hebrew style") and each one interpreted (h&#275;rm&#275;neusen —or "translated") them as best he could." On the surface this implies that Matthew was written in Hebrew and translated into Greek, but Matthew's Greek "reveals none of the telltale marks of a translation." Scholars have put forward several theories to explain Papias: perhaps Matthew wrote two gospels, one, now lost, in Hebrew, the other our Greek version; or perhaps the logia was a collection of sayings rather than the gospel; or by dialekt&#333;i Papias may have meant that Matthew wrote in the Jewish style rather than in the Hebrew language.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Matthe...

KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
Thomas Robertson wrote:
KAB wrote:
I guess I did.
Now could you please help me discern the issue by explaining why the mentioning of Sargon the Great proves the Bible true while the mentioning of Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, Edward Kennedy, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, David Carradine, DJ AM, Steve McNair, and Michael Jackson doesn't prove South Park true?
The mention of Sargon only proves that the Bible was correct about Sargon, and is one point on an ever growing list of Bible info confirmed correct. Kitten declared that the Bible has zero evidence to support it.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proof that he did??
That isn't the point, is it? You asserted the certainty of something which you cannot confirm. That's bad form and significantly undermines your credibility.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do. They're documented in a demonstrated reliable source
This would be a LIE!

The Bible is NOT a "demonstrated reliable source".

The Bible is a bronze age goat herder FAIRY TALE that only people who are truly ignorant and deluded think is "literally and inerrantly" true.

How deluded are these people? They actually think that a COMPLETE AND UTTER LACK of any research and empirical evidence in support of the FAIRY TALES in the Bible is actually "evidence" that they must be true.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't the point, is it? You asserted the certainty of something which you cannot confirm. That's bad form and significantly undermines your credibility.
Skeptic - "There is NO research or evidence for Noah, his ark of the Noachian flood".

"creotard" - "Prove that they didn't exist."

Skeptic - "The fact that there is NO research or empirical evidence that they didn't exixt is evidence that they didn't exist."

"creotard" - "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Skeptic - "There is a COMPLETE AND UTTER ABSENCE of evidence. That should tell you that they weren't real."

"creotard" - "Prove it. Show me that there isn't a single shred of research or empirical evidence that Noah, his ark and the Noachian ark were real."

Skeptic - "There's nothing to show you. That's the point. I can't show you "nothing". There is NOTHING."

"creotard" - "Aha, so you admit that you have nothing that can prove that Noah, his ark and the Noachian flood didn't happen."

----------

"creationism". Absolute, incomprehensible idiocy of Biblical proportions.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Okay, now I gotcha, KAB.
Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,901 - 108,920 of133,136
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••