It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,445)

Showing posts 108,881 - 108,900 of134,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no confirming data for anything there, just a list of dataless assertions which by themselves are worthless. I realize that finding data takes work whereas spewing assertion does not, but rational people want to see confirming data from those lazy enough to try getting by with only the assertions. So get off your lazy butt and provide data.
For which assertion do you want data first?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is 100% tolerance in modern structures.
The statement in question is not an instruction for forming a wash basin. It is a passing reference to the size of the finished basin. There isn't even a hint of using Pi=3 to form something. If there was, I would be all over it like KAB on the Quran 4:11,12.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be delusional. I don't believe as fact, things which have zero supporting evidence.
The bible and koran have zero supporting evidence.

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Marksman, show me where my math is wrong:

C = pi d
C = 300
d = 100
300 = 100 pi
Therefore, pi = 3

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
C = pi d
C = 300
d = 100
300 = 100 pi
Therefore, pi = 3
"&#960;".

Huh.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

And yet, I can do :-
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe God exists?
You don't accept as true that Noah's flood really occurred?
Of course I do. They're documented in a demonstrated reliable source, and no physical data has confirmed these things cannot be so.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your assertion. If you would like to try to prove them I will sit here and be amused.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not provide the data. You need to learn to do your own homework and own thinking. It is the only path to freedom.
I notice you could not provide even one germ of data against my post.
Typical of you.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was rejected by Jesus' followers. He was the first Christian heretic (who John(?) labels 'false prophet'. All followers who acknowledge Paul are, by definition, heretics.
There are many religions not well received by society. Muslims, Jews, ATHEISTS, SDAs, Christian Scientists, Mormans,.....
As to the JW cult you guys DO get a few things right:
- denial of the Trinity
- denial of deity of Christ
- denial of physical resurrection.
You do down hill fast from there, however.
Things you get wrong are legion:
- Mistranslations of many words including YHWH
- revisionist history (including JW history)
- false prophecies
- what happens after death (more the inconsistency than the dogma)
- 144,000.... enough said.
- Whole nonsense about immortal vs. everlasting life (yes, I have read the nonsense, it is guano crazy).
- New World Translation (again enough said).
many, many, many more.
Tangled!!!? I wondered what had become of you, and now I see you're back and posing as Dr. D., but the trademark mindlessly repeated list is a dead giveaway.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible and koran have zero supporting evidence.
Now you've moved into the realm of openly stupid. The Bible contains references to Assyrian King Sargon. Compare them with archaeological finds, and you'll see how quickly the Bible moves out of the zero evidence column.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I have considered every submission you have provided, and so far the first item on each list has always proven laughably easily demonstrably false (e.g., Pi=3) leaving no motivation or rationale for going any further down the list. If you can't sanity check pre-screen your submissions to make the residual worthy of consideration, I'm not going to do it for you.

I have considered every submission you have provided, and so far the first item on each list has always proven laughably easily demonstrably false (e.g. Watchtowerism is not insane) leaving no motivation or rationale for going any further down the list. If you can't sanity check pre-screen your submissions to make the residual worthy of consideration, I'm not going to do it for you.

In other words, no data, no dice.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Thomas Robertson wrote:
C = pi d
C = 300
d = 100
300 = 100 pi
Therefore, pi = 3
If you were good with math you would readily recognize that 3 is Pi rounded to one significant digit.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
For which assertion do you want data first?

You have no data. Assertions is is all you ever have.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The statement in question is not an instruction for forming a wash basin. It is a passing reference to the size of the finished basin. There isn't even a hint of using Pi=3 to form something. If there was, I would be all over it like KAB on the Quran 4:11,12.

You better go back and read both again.

The bibles failure to correctly define pi is a major gaff.

But it is easy to rationalize the minor error in the koran.

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contra...

Level 5

Taizhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
Now you've moved into the realm of openly stupid. The Bible contains references to Assyrian King Sargon. Compare them with archaeological finds, and you'll see how quickly the Bible moves out of the zero evidence column.
Weren't Billy Mays, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Patrick Swayze, Walter Cronkite, Dom DeLuise, Edward Kennedy, Natasha Richardson, Bea Arthur, David Carradine, DJ AM, Steve McNair, and Michael Jackson actual people?

You can see them all on Season 13 Episode 8 of South Park.

So South Park must also be true.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do. They're documented in a demonstrated reliable source, and no physical data has confirmed these things cannot be so.

No, not one of the sources of a flood are from a "demonstrated reliable source". The best accounts of the flood (probably and actual localized event) are in records that predate (and disagree with) the bible.

The physical data show that no global flood ever occurred. EVER.

If you can produce some DATA of this flood I will reconsider my statement. Till then the evidence stands. No global flood.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Tangled!!!? I wondered what had become of you, and now I see you're back and posing as Dr. D., but the trademark mindlessly repeated list is a dead giveaway.

Sorry, I am not TB but I do miss his more active presence here. I may have learned to repeat data that others are unable to respond to from him. It is a potent weapon against ignorance.

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your assertion. If you would like to try to prove them I will sit here and be amused.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not provide the data. You need to learn to do your own homework and own thinking. It is the only path to freedom.
I notice you could not provide even one germ of data against my post.
Typical of you.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul was rejected by Jesus' followers. He was the first Christian heretic (who John(?) labels 'false prophet'. All followers who acknowledge Paul are, by definition, heretics.
There are many religions not well received by society. Muslims, Jews, ATHEISTS, SDAs, Christian Scientists, Mormans,.....
As to the JW cult you guys DO get a few things right:
- denial of the Trinity
- denial of deity of Christ
- denial of physical resurrection.
You do down hill fast from there, however.
Things you get wrong are legion:
- Mistranslations of many words including YHWH
- revisionist history (including JW history)
- false prophecies
- what happens after death (more the inconsistency than the dogma)
- 144,000.... enough said.
- Whole nonsense about immortal vs. everlasting life (yes, I have read the nonsense, it is guano crazy).
- New World Translation (again enough said).
many, many, many more.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

This is very poor logic.

You like to make a bang sound like a real gun, but all you got are blanks.

The Koran documents event that were unknown to outside history as well till modern archeology verified the claims.

Does that make the Koran evidence based?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Benjamin Franklin: "Lighthouses are more useful than churches,"

Thomas Jefferson: "Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and even St. Paul.never met Jesus.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were good with math you would readily recognize that 3 is Pi rounded to one significant digit.

That is not the issue. 3.0 is 100 times less accurate than what school children use in math class. In physics the term is often limited to 3.141592654 (depending on the number of significant digits of the next less accurate term).

In most building projects 3.14159 would be fine. 3.0 is the formula for mud brick huts.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
Il'd say KAB whatever works for you.
Given Mayim or waters.
So the understanding of the waters being divided into those below and those above with an expanse between them is recognized as valid, and denial of that has been dowsed. There is hope for a successful combining of you and objective comprehensive data-based data-driven thinking after all. Hopefully, you saw where objectively examining the "waters" thesis was going to lead and that is wasn't going to negate the validity of the above.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,881 - 108,900 of134,005
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••